Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #3 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parents attend vigil:
Parents of Libby Squire attend prayer vigil as search for student continues - Evening Express
Lisa Squire, the mother of the University of Hull philosophy student, could be seen hugging a police officer as she left the Hull Community Church following the vigil.

Parents Russ and Lisa Squire outside Hull Community Church (Danny Lawson/PA)
Mrs Squire and her husband, Russ, had previously made emotional pleas for information about their daughter’s disappearance.

On Sunday, officers could be seen entering a property on Raglan Street, Hull, where a 24-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday night on suspicion of abducting the missing student.

Police could be seen leaving the property with evidence bags, and they also used a camera to search the drains of the terraced house.

Is it normal for this level of resources to be put forth? I can't imagine it is typical for every missing person in the UK to get this sort of attention. Not that I don't think they should get this level of attention, I just imagine they don't. What is driving this intensity?

I would say firstly time, in that the clock is ticking fast now. She was presumably classed as high risk from the outset. Also maybe due to bad press received on previous missing persons cases, such as Claudia Lawrence, where police was criticised for not doing enough early on.

Is it normal for this level of resources to be put forth? I can't imagine it is typical for every missing person in the UK to get this sort of attention. Not that I don't think they should get this level of attention, I just imagine they don't. What is driving this intensity?

I think it's normal when it's such a high risk case.

She's suspected as been abducted not just gone off of her own accord like the majority of missing people so it adds a whole other level of urgency.

It would seem highly unlikely to happen with a UK citizen in the UK but can not rule that out for sure the world we are living in is changing fast it usually would with foreign citizens coming into the UK and abroad

I think this is an extremely unlikely scenario. First off, trafficking usually goes the other way, ie. from poor country to rich country, such as Africans to the UK or Saudi to work as slave labour.
Secondly, taking a young woman who is going to be missed within hours is not likely. how would they get her abroad? Why her when there are hundreds of thousands of poorer people
( immigrants) in places like London where they have few connections and won't be missed because they may be illegal in the first place.

The police know the statistics and likely perpetrators in missing cases like this, they wouldn't be wasting time looking at trafficking imo.

It's a black out kit, you need a pretty dark room to detect luminol glow.

Was my first thought then wondered of my mind had run away with me and read that they tend to use blackout film on Windows etc... so then went back to thinking tripod like someone else suggested.

Then I found blackout tents and now Think you are 100% right it's blackout equipment.

Surely it's quite a serious case. When people are abducted and seemingly disappear out of thin air against their will it's usually quite a serious outcome which happens in the first few hours they are missing. The police won't want to be seen as incompetent in these cases.

I see this as a young vulnerable female whose disappearance is not in keeping with her normal existence.
Many young females/males reported missing are in care/known to the Police for previously doing such/have known relationships (family or friends) in other areas that must be investigated.
Every case taken on its merits after much investigation into lifestyles I expect.
The police couldn't have done more here imo, especially after tracking her movements that night.

She’s an attractive, middle-class, young white female. The tabloids always go nuts over these disappearances - if she were poor and black it would be a much smaller story.

And honestly, it’s a bias a lot of us are probably guilty of too. How many of us would be as engaged with the case and this thread if it didn’t feel so “close to home”? Can you name a missing or murdered black woman as easily as you can all the famous white cases?

Sadly there are plenty of instances of the same bias existing within policing, too, but policies exist to try and tackle this now, and I hope progress is being made.

I've just done the same, 4 hours in Ikea and I've got dozens of notifications and about 300 posts to read!!

I'm hoping by the time I get to the end there'll be a resolution....

Random question, but which Ikea?

Thanks Alyce. I did ask about those footpaths if a car could drive down them, but walking on google it looks like there are barriers. Why have gates if they aren't locked? Just one question I haven't seen an answer to - ie how could he get LS across the area if not directly in a car?

I really wondered if the person picked her up ..offered to take her home but carried on to the parks car park ..but presumed the car park gate would be locked ...and goodness knows how he would walk a person very drunk very far into a park in the dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname