Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #3 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he WAS going to be released, would he and his family really be able to return back to their home after all the press coverage of it/him in the recent days? I'd like to think he will be charged, but even if he wasn't, I think they would all have to lie low somewhere else for a while.
Yes - no way that family is going back to that house any time soon, even if he is released without charge. They would be hounded.

I don't know how the police gained entry to the property (i.e. if they were let in, or if they forced entry), but they would need to make it secure before leaving.

Plus, boarding the door means that they no longer need to guard it, so that frees up resources.

Even if he WAS going to be released, would he and his family really be able to return back to their home after all the press coverage of it/him in the recent days? I'd like to think he will be charged, but even if he wasn't, I think they would all have to lie low somewhere else for a while.

If he is released and is proven to be innocent his life will never be the same again. I really feel for his young wife at the moment with 2 very young children. That said it's nothing compared to what the Squire family are going through and most of all Libby .... I am praying for a miracle

If he is released and is proven to be innocent his life will never be the same again. I really feel for his young wife at the moment with 2 very young children. That said it's nothing compared to what the Squire family are going through and most of all Libby .... I am praying for a miracle

Does anyone know how many times a suspect has been held for the full 96 hours and been released without charged and not later been re-arrested in connection with the same incidenct. I'm wondering how unusual it would be.

Does anyone know if prior arrests are recorded in a public database?

Everything I've read regarding being held in custody says something along the following lines:
"They can apply to hold you for up to 36 or 96 hours if you're suspected of a serious crime, eg murder" (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2184jIkKGG5vxRCnZlJsRD&cshid=1549815649771)
They all seem to solely give murder as an example. Does anyone know whether abduction is legally considered a serious crime equal to murder? Are there other cases where a suspect arrested on suspicion of abduction have been held this long?

The poor shrugger really is just a bewildered young man who was upset over losing a friend and more than likely a little awkward and inexperienced when it came to appearing on camera.

I thought the exact same thing but I think that was just due to the Stephen McDaniel interview constantly going through my head when I see witness interviews on television. I hope he and all of Libby’s friends are coping okay with all these recent developments

I think he's one of those people who 'talk with their hands'. When he gestures, he makes big movements with his arms.

He's got his hands in his pockets, or at least by his sides, so I wonder if they've given him a trial run at an interview and, whilst he's confident speaking, they've told him to calm it down. And when you're used to using your hands then told you can't, you move your body; he shrugs and, to a much lesser extent, twists his shoulders. I've seen people do it at job interviews.

Everything I've read regarding being held in custody says something along the following lines:
"They can apply to hold you for up to 36 or 96 hours if you're suspected of a serious crime, eg murder" (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2184jIkKGG5vxRCnZlJsRD&cshid=1549815649771)
They all seem to solely give murder as an example. Does anyone know whether abduction is legally considered a serious crime equal to murder? Are there other cases where a suspect arrested on suspicion of abduction have been held this long?

I’m not sure but maybe abduction is classed as serious because time is of the essence and need to find the missing person?

I think he's one of those people who 'talk with their hands'. When he gestures, he makes big movements with his arms.

He's got his hands in his pockets, or at least by his sides, so I wonder if they've given him a trial run at an interview and, whilst he's confident speaking, they've told him to calm it down. And when you're used to using your hands then told you can't, you move your body; he shrugs and, to a much lesser extent, twists his shoulders. I've seen people do it at job interviews.

Did anyone notice he was saying “she WAS” that was suspicious to me as I believe it was recorded the day after she went missing?

Surely you would think they can bring in cadaver dogs to try help locate if she has died, where she's died,if s body was in his car?

Cadaver dogs would definitely detect if a body had been in a car as I understand it, the length of time would suggest this isn't the case imo.

If Libby was picked up by the man in the CCTV my guess would be that they either went to another location where she was killed and hidden without getting back in the car (without being too graphic I don't see transporting a body as an easy thing to do) or she was dropped off somewhere and a second person was involved from that point.

JMO

In terms of seriousness (as far as courts and sentencing)
Abduction is not up there with murder but both are charges that must be tried in a crown court
Minìmum sentence for abduction ...i am unsure about but much depends upon aggravating vs mitigating factors ect
Murder is an automatic mandatory life sentence with a minimum tariff of 15 years
Manslaughter would also be a contender and again would depend upon circumstances

Surely you would think they can bring in cadaver dogs to try help locate if she has died, where she's died,if s body was in his car?
That’s what I would like to know. Dogs can do a lot more than a human can at times like this. Have they used dogs in any of the searches? Especially in the suspects house?

Hi all,

I’ve been lurking this thread for a few days now but not actually posted, not sure if this has already been mentioned or if it’s even of any relevance so apologies in advance but has anyone noticed the self harm marks on Libby’s arms and legs in photos of her? Could she have been suicidal and her body has been taken away by the river? I know self harm doesn’t always mean that person is necessarily wanting to kill themselves and it’s used as a coping mechanism in a lot of people but just a thought. I suppose I’m clutching at straws because it seems the police must have something on PR to be holding him for so long .. we’ll find out tonight when they either release or charge him I suppose.

Reactions: Z03
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member