Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
or came home to find PR inside her house ( which has been said previously).

i csnt get my head around the while thing to be honest. i cant help but think then is apot more to this then we know.

This is a good shout, if he had been watching their movements and thinking they were out for the night he could have broken in thinking they wouldn't be returning for a while. Obviously it wasn't anticipated that she would be refused entry and return home.

What this doesn't explain though is the witness statements that saw her falling about outside and on the bench. Regardless of how drunk you were wouldn't you make some effort to notify the people she came into contact with when she was seen outside of what she saw in her house?

I agree with other posters, towards the end of the first segment of the new CCTV it looks very much like LS puts a phone to her right ear; the hair flick just beforehand is something I have seen women with long hair do when using a phone.

I also agree that she does not look exactly the worse for wear at this point of the evening but compared to others walking past is probably a bit more wobbly on her feet.

Is there anyone techie on here that knows anything about retrieving mobile phone data? What if PR disposed of his mobile phone and said it was lost prior to arrest in order to prevent LE finding incriminating data on it? With the phone and sim missing, how much information could be traced through his mobile account and how long would that process take? Could that be something that is being waited for or searched for? In fact the same goes for if Libby was carrying a spare back up phone.

Without a physical phone or a sim, this would depend on cloud storage to get any form of back up. Not all phones will have cloud storage for back ups.

T
or came home to find PR inside her house ( which has been said previously).

i csnt get my head around the whole thing to be honest. i cant help but think then is alot more to this then we know.
This is exactly what I think & more so after seeing that footage. She has her phone & either answers it or calls from it. Could be the friend who she walks back to meet in the queue later as he (?) seems to be on the phone possibly to her as he appears to hug her when she gets to him. Could that be her friend Ryan in that CCTV, just thinking it looks like a blue jacket??

"14:33
What has happened so far today
  • The search for Libby Squire is in its 12th day
  • Police officers are continuing their search for the 21-year-old in Oak Road playing fields, close to where she lives
  • Officers can be seen searching the area with chainsaws and sticks as they continue to hunt for clues"
Libby Squire latest as police continue search in Hull's Oak Road

This is a good shout, if he had been watching their movements and thinking they were out for the night he could have broken in thinking they wouldn't be returning for a while. Obviously it wasn't anticipated that she would be refused entry and return home.

What this doesn't explain though is the witness statements that saw her falling about outside and on the bench. Regardless of how drunk you were wouldn't you make some effort to notify the people she came into contact with when she was seen outside of what she saw in her house?
Wasn't it the shrugger who said that?because he wasn't actually with her was he? He said he arrived separately with a different group.

Maybe she didn't want to go to the Welly and just told a friend she was feeling really drunk and sick as an excuse to go home without letting the others down

I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding what I’m seeing here...but does this show Libby walking into a group of people queueing for taxis and then getting into one before those people? Where I come from that would cause a riot no matter what state you were in.

"13:06
Officers searching new area"
0_Officers-in-Oak-Road-playing-fields-in-Libby-Squire-search.jpg

Libby Squire latest as police continue search in Hull's Oak Road

Can someone help please with this , why can I only see Humberside Police info from 3rd Feb , why can’t I see anything from the 1st , I had it earlier as was checking what time the police report was issued . Am I on wrong link or has it vanished , I wanted to go back to beginning and read all their reports in date / time order , thanks
Search | Humberside Police

Can anyone help please , I’m searching key words and can’t get results to go back further , it’s like the early reports have gone ?

The footage timestamp is static in the top right corner. The camera was therefore static and the footage as it was released was recorded from a playback on a TV, perhaps using a mobile phone.
Yes! You can see the top corner of the monitor/laptop at the top right around 30 seconds in. Then a finger belonging to whoever is doing the recording appears at the top left at around 37 seconds. No doubt that this is someone recording a screen with another device. Clearly not an official release of the CCTV footage.

T

This is exactly what I think & more so after seeing that footage. She has her phone & either answers it or calls from it. Could be the friend who she walks back to meet in the queue later as he (?) seems to be on the phone possibly to her as he appears to hug her when she gets to him. Could that be her friend Ryan in that CCTV, just thinking it looks like a blue jacket??

He said he never saw her, she had left by the time he got there I think as they went to a cash point.

She in no way looks hammered though.

I think it looks like she is taking money out of her pocket to pay. Possibly even a student card if it’s a student night - checking their website, entry is cheaper with a student card.

This new footage has changed my entire perception of this case.

I'm on my break from work and starting at page 9- what new CCTV footage? Also- they searched for her very early on due to it being super cold that night- drunk and outside and cold= hypothermia!

The footage timestamp is static in the top right corner. The camera was therefore static and the footage as it was released was recorded from a playback on a TV, perhaps using a mobile phone.

Agreed, because at 38 secs you can see a blurry finger appear in the top left corner!

I just watched the slowed down version of the new CCTV footage on the DM youtube. at 0.51 I see a silver/white(?) car drive right by Libby. *shudder* Anyone else spot that?

It's weird that the person filming the CCTV zooms in so much at this point so you can barely see the road or Libby.

On the slowed down version it looks like she is with 3 guys. One in front, who turns to talk to her and 2 behind her. Next sequence. Tall guy in front puts something into his pocket. Libby does the same. Have they just been to an ATM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member