Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The killer in that case was not dissimilar to our guy here in a few respects.

He managed to construct two parallel worlds, neither of which ever came together.

Working husband and normal guy for 5 days per week
Dangerous pervert on the prowl for the other 2

And even when years later he was caught, it would seem that he had been able to switch off the perverted prowler persona and settle back into family life.

He had used a wild variety of creative storytelling to excuse his absences to his wife and family (even going so far as pretending to have cancer) to buy him some stalking time

I can see parallels here for sure but frustratingly as the days tick by...im beginning to feel more and more like water may feature here.

I was just wondering if that was me..and i suddenly found myself in hull...in my shorts and wellies...and i had finished my bout of spontaneous self stimulation...and suddenly found myself of the need to dispose of something.....
Every way i considered it...that thing i needed to dispose of..would be going into that river all day long.
Taking it home with me would be the furthest thing from my mind.

25 years he got away with murder.

Then overdosed a few months into his sentence...truly sickening.

Shows how much forensics have improved though doesn't it.

Thank God the evidence was kept safe..

There was something similar local to me years ago (shoe rapist) he was caught years later because of familial DNA.

And yes I agree I think the water has the answers unfortunately.

Doesn't work like that though does it.

They can't say to CPS we have this guy and we think he abducted someone but don't quite have the proof so can we charge him with abduction and hope we have the proof before trial??

CPS would wet themselves laughing.

Why rush abduction charges if they don't meet the threshold? they have him on other charges that he is going to more than likely get a prison term for.

They can charge him with abduction or anything else when they get the evidence.

Roy whiting wasn't charged with Sarah Payne murder till 7 months later...They didn't have to rush and make any mistakes he was locked up on driving offences.
Well it has worked exactly like Roy Whiting hasn’t it because PR has been locked up on lesser charges while they investigate LS disappearance. Maybe in 7 months they will have enough evidence to charge him in relation to her disappearance.

It's not illegal to go missing. In fact the police have to respect the missing persons wishes and not inform family of their location if they do find them and that's their wishes.

From the Missing Persons Bureau:

"If someone has elected to leave their friends and family… and we find them and they express this wish, then we would close the missing report and advise those making it that they were safe and well, but we would not be able to tell them where they were."

What happens when someone goes missing?

I dont think it would be deemed her responsibility what the police did in her absence. The only way would be if the police could prove it was her intention for someone to be blamed for it.

I found his FB account odd too. As Betty44 said, there were lots of posts about sick babies and it seemed he was going to an obvious effort to portray himself as a concerned, compassionate family man. Just felt a bit off to me, there were no pictures or indications he had friends. Zero photos with guys his own age.

Only time will tell if it means anything.
Not trying to defend him or anything, but you would only have been able to see posts or photos that he chose to make public

Well it has worked exactly like Roy Whiting hasn’t it because PR has been locked up on lesser charges while they investigate LS disappearance. Maybe in 7 months they will have enough evidence to charge him in relation to her disappearance.

Thats not what you said though...You said they would have charged him now with abduction and they would hopefully have the evidence by the time it came to trial.

That's not what happened in Whitings case and it's not what's happened here.

You can't charge someone and then just hope you find the evidence in time for trial!

They could of course charge murder without a body, but generally would need a crime scene showing that she must be deceased, or a confession. Jmo

Not trying to defend him or anything, but you would only have been able to see posts or photos that he chose to make public
Oh, I know. Which would be even weirder IMO. You have to flick around the privacy settings between posts consciously so just those sick baby ones would be public. It did look curated.

Can you charge someone with murder without there being a body? (Don't really want to Google this as not a great thing to pop up in one's search history!)

In short.....yes

Once upon a time the body was considered as the only acceptable proof of death.
This is no longer the case....proof of life enquiries can be comprehensive enough now to satisfy a coroner of the fact that an individual is no longer alive.
And thanks to the campaign by Peter Lawrence (not a hint of irony here)...the next of kin can now apply to have someone officially declared as dead much earlier than the 6 years that was the norm.

Luckily their children are young, too young to really know what's going on or query whatever explanation they've been given for moving out of their home and daddy being away.
I hope so, although God knows what impact it will have on them - moving house overnight, scary men entering their house in uniform probably, daddy gone, routine out the window, mummy stressed. I think they have a 2.5 year old and one of my children was very aware of things at that age. Their youngest baby is probably about 16 weeks old at the minute. I just can’t imagine how you would cope.

I thought the Haworth Street cctv from the electrical company was why PR was arrested on suspicion of abduction. The police had had the cctv since the Sunday, MSM agreed with the police not post it until later and they then did. Whilst it’s not clear, I would assume (wrongly maybe) that the police have the means to scrub up cctv to see if that is a person (I think it is) getting into the car with the driver at around exactly the same time as Libby is thought to be in the area. I hope that my view and that of others here isn’t wrong as that means her abducter is still out there but if I’m wrong, then I’m wrong
There is no evidence to my knowledge that confirms the car in cobweb cctv belongs to PR. There is no evidence that LS ever got into that or any other vehicle. There is no evidence to suggest PR and LS ever came into contact with each other. Now it’s possible the police do have evidence to support this but if they do it is not in the public domain so we should not assume that it exists. If it did exist then I he would have been charged with abduction as LS is still missing.

I dont think it would be deemed her responsibility what the police did in her absence. The only way would be if the police could prove it was her intention for someone to be blamed for it.
I see. Makes sense. Even if that situation was a remote possibility, I'm sure if Libby was just done with her life in Hull and ran off somewhere else, she'd at least let her parents know she was safe, or call the police to say she's safe but she doesn't want anyone to know where she is. I'm pretty sure she'd feel awful if she knew someone was being falsely labelled her abductor and she'd make sure it was known that wasn't true. So I'm confident that the situation my IRL friend presented as a possibility is basically impossible. Thanks for answering though :)

Thats not what you said though...You said they would have charged him now with abduction and they would hopefully have the evidence by the time it came to trial.

That's not what happened in Whitings case and it's not what's happened here.

You can't charge someone and then just hope you find the evidence in time for trial!

Exactly.

The CPS decide on what charges, if any, are to be brought on someone.

If there’s not sufficient evidence to prosecute at the time, they won’t allow a charge to be brought. It’s as simple as that

^^^ and to add to hitthenick's post can we please make page 1 of the next thread FACTUAL - maps, dates, footage, timings etc etc, all the really important stuff. It is a lot easier to direct people to page 1 when they're asking repetitive questions than it is for them to wade though hundreds of posts.

There is a reason for keeping things "tidy" and it's to stop page after page of the same old stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288