Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I was surprised and skeptical about that. I'm an old fart, we were of the "You drop, you stop" era of leaving folks under trees outside Rios in Bradford and keeping your fingers crossed they staggered to the Nightrider bus in time lol.
I was surprised but my daughter tells me it's a well known thing these days. They know they'll get the money back the following day if they take a student card as security.

Regards the "interest" around the the far end of the park nearer the pond etc is there any way at all of driving nearer that area from either side of the park ? Even from river side ? That's my only puzzle ...getting a drunk girl to walk that far through a park .

Not unless the car park gates were open, which they wouldn't have been.

I know what you mean though - it's a difficult scenario to imagine.

Looking at that photo and imagining it dark and cold I can't help thinking how terrified she must have been. Poor, poor kid

The parQUOTE]
Looking at that photo and imagining it dark and cold I can't help thinking how terrified she must have been. Poor, poor kid

The parking @Joelle88 mentioned in realation to the bench.

Would that parking require
Yeh I'm not usually affected by tales of murder but this case just seems so tragic with Libby drunk and alone in the dead of night in minus 5 degree temperatures in totally unsuitable clothing for withstanding the cold. I guess it happens more often than we realise but normally nothing untoward happens , it's difficult to comprehend why anyone would want to harm such a vulnerable person.

Yeh I'm not usually affected by tales of murder but this case just seems so tragic with Libby drunk and alone in the dead of night in minus 5 degree temperatures in totally unsuitable clothing for withstanding the cold. I guess it happens more often than we realise but normally nothing untoward happens , it's difficult to comprehend why anyone would want to harm such a vulnerable person.
I never new Libby was reported missing these early anyone else. ?

Attachments

• Ih_G3-fk.jpg
    Ih_G3-fk.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 107
I knew it was reported as soon as her friends knew she hadn't got home but I'd assumed it was much later. That makes me wonder if they'd been waiting for her to call to say she'd got home and came home early when they couldn't reach her?.

Last edited:
I knew it was reported as soon as her friends knew she hadn't got home but if assumed it was much later. That makes me wonder if they'd been waiting for her to call to say she'd got home and came home early when they couldn't reach her.
I agree!! so it sounds like her friends was concerned she was going home alone and to make sure she was going to be safe. But this makes me think she had a key. Looks like they were on the ball about Libby could they forget to give her a key ?

I knew it was reported as soon as her friends knew she hadn't got home but I'd assumed it was much later. That makes me wonder if they'd been waiting for her to call to say she'd got home and came home early when they couldn't reach her?.
Yeah it sounds like they might have gone back and she wasn't there. Because can't find her is different than can't get in touch.

The two people seen at 2.34 Oak rd. Could it be PR and LS. Whats the chances the two cctv we have all seen the man at Haworth and the man at 2.34 Oak rd have very similar clothing especially the bottom half shorts or three quarter lengths in winter. ?
Those were my thoughts exactly. Maybe I'm overanalysing it, but I thought there was something weird about the grey-tracksuited person's movements - it looks to me like they're dragging the person beside them.

I agree!! so it sounds like her friends was concerned she was going home alone and to make sure she was going to be safe. But this makes me think she had a key. Looks like they were on the ball about Libby could they forget to give her a key ?
I guess a key is the one thing you assume you've got and you assume everyone else has got. The one thing you don't remember till you need it. And easy to lose if shoved in a pocket. I've locked myself out before now. Luckily never in those circumstances, but I have had to go sit in a bus stop in the rain in wet running clothes till husband got home

If I'm in a taxi or getting a lift home I always start looking for my key either just before getting there or on the way to the door. I'd know it was missing, even if was just seconds, before getting to the door.

Add in they were all probably drunk to varying degrees so logic and won't have entered into their thinking.

Those were my thoughts exactly. Maybe I'm overanalysing it, but I thought there was something weird about the grey-tracksuited person's movements - it looks to me like they're dragging the person beside them.
It almost looks like their legs are tied together as they’re walking.
A couple of people I’ve spoken to in Hull think that Spidercam man is one of the two people in the Oak road footage.

It almost looks like their legs are tied together as they’re walking.
A couple of people I’ve spoken to in Hull think that Spidercam man is one of the two people in the Oak road footage.
It has crossed my mind that the person closest could be PR. I'm trying hard not to see Libby though because 2.5 hours later is just too horrible to contemplate.

But if it is and the police were on to her disappearance earlier than thought surely that narrows his options?

I quite often don't realise that I'm locked out until I get to the door. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

A couple of thoughts I've been turning over on the Oak Road CCTV - it's possible for one camera to be simultaneously recording in multiple qualities, depending on where the footage is being stored i.e. high quality saved locally, lower quality backed up to the cloud. It's possible that LE have access to better quality footage (along with having the technical abilities to clean up footage somewhat).

In this context, I don't think the quality really makes a difference to the public appeal for 'the four' to come forward. You'd know if you were knocking about that part of Hull at 2am on the coldest night of the winter!

I'm undecided on if the couple could be PR and LS, but I'd be surprised if LE were solely making that judgement on the basis of that footage. There will be plenty of CCTV on Clough Road, and the choice at the top of Oak Road is left or right. Police may also use techniques such as gait analysis. LS looks to be long-limbed with a distinctive walk, so they could look at things such as stride length and legs-to-torso ratio, and what that suggests about the person's height.

I have not read all the many posts but has
1) The calmness, and what this implies, of the spider-video smoker been discussed?
2) Previous similar abductions (is it okay to mention them?)
2.1) Claudia Lawrence

1) For a man about to abduct a young woman the smoker is extremely calm. "I'll just roll some tobacco then abduct a woman." He is not looking this way and that, nor seemingly nervous in the sense of being jittery. I'd be pacing up and down. Looking at my watch. Touching my face and hair, tearing it out probably. If Libby Squire is being put in the passenger seat, the smoker is very proficient doing it, very confident that she won't get out before the central locking is activated, and I think he would not have put her in the car in the first place, in so calm and professional a way, if he had been unaware of the sort of the thing an abducted person would do.

2) I think that this indicates experience in abducting women. Upon that basis, what other similar unsolved incidents are there?

2.1) The abduction of Claudia Lawrence nearly exactly 10 years ago, may also have been by a silver hatchback driver. In the police video of the hatchback braking, the reflections in the houses opposite may show that that the hatchback pulled over.
Other than a similar type of car are there any other similarities? The Claudia Lawrence case featured a "left handed smoker"
Left-handed smoker
and looking at the current spider CCTV video at about 30 seconds from the start
CCTV clip shows activity before Libby Squire was last seen
it would seem that the smoker gets his tobacco out with his left hand from his left pocket which may mean he is left handed. Is spider man smoker left handed?

The car in the Libby Squire "spider video" is described, earlier in these threads, as a silver Astra Mark 5 SXi, which is a sporty car. Is the silver Ford Focus in the Claudia Lawrence case being driven in a sporty way -- the hard braking especially? If so, the way in which a sporty left-handed silver hatch-back drivers can get women to disappear without a trace, so far, are shared. The approximate region of the UK is also similar.

This is probably not relevant but the smoker may be wearing cycling gear and the Oak Road CCTV video
seems to show the same cyclist going in both directions, the second time with a bag according to someone on an earlier thread in this series. This is also a feature of the Claudia Lawrence case in which some guy went into the small road behind her house and came back with a bag (of surveillance equipment?) after about 2 minutes.
Are these really similarities, and are there any (others)?

Google Groups
Have there been other sporty car driver abductions?

By the way, what would make someone that easy to put into a car? If the abductor sprayed his victim with some teargas first would that make the victim easy to lead around?

Last edited by a moderator:

For some reason this seems even sadder, that her friends were actively searching for her little more than an hour after the last confirmed siting. Can anyone remember whether the neighbours who saw LS get out of her taxi and fall over, were on their way to the Welly? I know they were waiting for a taxi. Just wonder if they’d gone there and saw LS’s friends and told them what they’d seen.

It has crossed my mind that the person closest could be PR. I'm trying hard not to see Libby though because 2.5 hours later is just too horrible to contemplate.

But if it is and the police were on to her disappearance earlier than thought surely that narrows his options?

Although her friends became aware earlier than previously thought, we don’t know how long it took them to contact the police

For some reason this seems even sadder, that her friends were actively searching for her little more than an hour after the last confirmed siting. Can anyone remember whether the neighbours who saw LS get out of her taxi and fall over, were on their way to the Welly? I know they were waiting for a taxi. Just wonder if they’d gone there and saw LS’s friends and told them what they’d seen.

I think this is quite possible. Her friends must have been looking for her for a little while to already (by 1:12am) be suggesting people call police .

I quite often don't realise that I'm locked out until I get to the door. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.
I suspect that it's common for women to get their key out in advance, less common for men.

A couple of thoughts I've been turning over on the Oak Road CCTV - it's possible for one camera to be simultaneously recording in multiple qualities, depending on where the footage is being stored i.e. high quality saved locally, lower quality backed up to the cloud. It's possible that LE have access to better quality footage (along with having the technical abilities to clean up footage somewhat).

In this context, I don't think the quality really makes a difference to the public appeal for 'the four' to come forward. You'd know if you were knocking about that part of Hull at 2am on the coldest night of the winter!

I'm undecided on if the couple could be PR and LS,
but I'd be surprised if LE were solely making that judgement on the basis of that footage. There will be plenty of CCTV on Clough Road, and the choice at the top of Oak Road is left or right. Police may also use techniques such as gait analysis. LS looks to be long-limbed with a distinctive walk, so they could look at things such as stride length and legs-to-torso ratio, and what that suggests about the person's height.
If the police have any good reason to think that it's PR & LS, would they be making that footage public? They haven't disclosed any other CCTV involving LS, PR or his car although they must have some.

I suspect that it's common for women to get their key out in advance, less common for men.

If the police have any good reason to think that it's PR & LS, would they be making that footage public? They haven't disclosed any other CCTV involving LS, PR or his car although they must have some.

They haven't disclosed any footage which is obviously PR and LS.

Reactions: bos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members