Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguido status is when the police publicly declare someone an official suspect

As in

"Pawel Relowicz remains a person of interest"

As far as i know, he was questioned for 4 days and not charged with anything in relation to abduction

So by the letter of the P.A.C.E rules i would have to assume that they mean that he is a "person of interest" for a different offence to abduction?

Because given that the P.A.C.E clock ran out on them ...that kind of means that what they are saying publicly is not supported by any firm evidence

That is not to even touch upon just how much publicly announcing an uncharged person as a suspect might have on his right to a fair trial
And I just can't find anything on the net which says 'Person of interest' has any legal weight at all in the UK. I just don't know what the police are doing, calling him a 'Person of interest'.

Just on the bail issue..

There are only certain grounds upon which the crown can oppose bail applications

A regularly used one is "risk of flight"

Technically they could argue that ad long as her can afford a tank of fuel for his car then he has the means to disappear

It is not uncommon for those charged with sexual offences to be remanded in custody for their own safety

Once a person enters the criminal justice system, there becomes a duty of care for that persons safety...regardless of how loathsome they may be!

Arguido status is when the police publicly declare someone an official suspect
As in
"Pawel Relowicz remains a person of interest"
As far as i know, he was questioned for 4 days and not charged with anything in relation to abduction.
So by the letter of the P.A.C.E rules i would have to assume that they mean that he is a "person of interest" for a different offence to abduction?
Because given that the P.A.C.E clock ran out on them ...that kind of means that what they are saying publicly is not supported by any firm evidence.
I'm no expert, but I understood that the PACE rules state that, after the permitted hours are up, the police must either charge the suspect or release him/her.
And they did release him. Technically. They released him with regard to the abduction charge.

That is not to even touch upon just how much publicly announcing an uncharged person as a suspect might have on his right to a fair trial.
Yeah, but the police often name people as suspects so it can't be that much of a problem.

I kinda realised that police often discover bodies by luck.

Two other infamous murders in Hull both where.

Joanne Nelson was discovered because LE was luckily saw a gate the murderer had described.

Then Rachel Moran was discovered in a cupboard while police were carrying out door to door inquiries.

And now Libby discovered. Who was probably days away from ending up in the north sea if that ship hadn't seen her body.
It was quoted from someone with knowledge of the Tides/currents in msm that had Libby not been found near Spurn Point she would have been lost to the sea in only about 3 hours.

But if reports from his family are to be believed he never denied she was in his car. However having someone in your car is not a crime unless they Were forced or coerced and that may be difficult to prove.
I think my response was to someone who'd said the police have no evidence Libby was in his car. I was just noting that we dont't know whether they do or not and yes, I agree with you, that's not a crime.

Yeah, but the police often name people as suspects so it can't be that much of a problem

It would not normally cause a problem but it does give a defence barrister one free bullet....ironically the police normally caution against naming and discussing online for that very reason!

Again...one rule for us and another for them

It was quoted from someone with knowledge of the Tides/currents in msm that had Libby not been found near Spurn Point she would have been lost to the sea in only about 3 hours.
This source has some experienced opinions ;
How tragic Libby Squire was just hours away from being lost forever
But the 21-year-old student's body might never have been found had there been rougher conditions on Wednesday afternoon.

Experienced mariners told GrimsbyLive the calm conditions on The River Humber had given an eagle-eyed crew member of a passing vessel the chance to identify a body in the river.

And said he believed "another three or four tides" would have seen her lost into the North Sea.

That would probably have led to her body never having been discovered, an agonising prospect for her loved ones, as well as the mystery over her fate unlikely to have been solved.

Could it be possible that PR's car doors were NOT able to be opened from the inside? At the point after the 2nd person (Libby I believe) was placed in the car.
I can't remember if we see the driver use a key to open the driver's door after closing the door on the passenger, but since he appears to have pressed the central locking on his car before opening the passenger door, I had assumed his door would be open too? In other words, the passenger door may not have been locked once he'd closed it. I'm not explaining this very well... plus he made his car do all kinds of things when he locked and unlocked it, it seems - 2 flashes, 4 flashes... what does it all mean I ask myself?

In my opinion he added the detail to his wife/family about putting the address in his satnav to give more credence to the story he was planning to stick to in the future about taking her home and nowhere else

In my opinion he added the detail to his wife/family about putting the address in his satnav to give more credence to the story he was planning to stick to in the future about taking her home and nowhere else
Yes. That makes sense. But I still don't believe Libby gave it to him (why would she want to go home and not back to the Welly for keys? (if indeed she didn't have keys). I think he put it in after the event.

Incidentally, my daughter tells me that if security turn you away for being too drunk, they sometimes suggest you go away and return once you've sobered up a bit. I didn't know this and perhaps it's only here in London, but she says she's been in this situation with friends, and they then return acting more soberly and they're let in. It has made me wonder if Libby was intending to try to return to the Welly, not for keys, but in hopes of being allowed in

So we don't know if he applied for bail and was refused on the second appearance?
I’ve just edited that. His second appearance was again at the Magistrates, for the 7 new charges. This was when the flight risk/ high risk of re-offending was mentioned as a reason to not give bail. The 3rd and 4th appearance was at Crown Court, and no application for bail was made at both of these hearings.

I can't remember if we see the driver use a key to open the driver's door after closing the door on the passenger, but since he appears to have pressed the central locking on his car before opening the passenger door, I had assumed his door would be open too? In other words, the passenger door may not have been locked once he'd closed it. I'm not explaining this very well... plus he made his car do all kinds of things when he locked and unlocked it, it seems - 2 flashes, 4 flashes... what does it all mean I ask myself?
Indeed!...what do all the flashes mean.o_O

I was (edited from 'am'after reading above, no child locks on passenger doors) presuming it had child locks, to explain why she(Libby I believe) did not attempt to exit the car after entering if pushed in, which I feel, going off the video clip.

If she was hit around the side of the car, she may have been disorientated still. Or she may have chosen to stay in if my perceived analysis of the video (point of entering the car) is wrong. Sadly one can only speculate....for now at the very least.

Last edited:
I press my fob about 20 times it seems to open my doors (I know once opens my driver door, twice to open all doors) but I’m just an idiot, no ryhme or reason for it. I just do it and it’s habit. (EXCEPT if I’m in a parking lot by myself etc. I try to be more cautious being a woman by myself or alone with my child. Long time member of Websleuths knows better!)

I can say my mothers fob is finicky and never works right and she has to press hers many times to work even right. Could be his habit, could be nothing nefarious at all. Just an observation and anecdotal of course. And American cars, not sure how European are at all. If there is even a difference.

Indeed!...what do all the flashes mean.o_O

I was (edited from 'am'after reading above, no child locks on passenger doors) presuming it had child locks, to explain why she(Libby I believe) did not attempt to exit the car after entering if pushed in, which I feel, going off the video clip.

If she was hit around the side of the car, she may have been disorientated still. Or she may have chosen to stay in if my perceived analysis of the video (point of entering the car) is wrong. Sadly one can only speculate....for now at the very least.
I still can't believe a spider managed to block out the view on the cctv. I think there should be an ad on TV telling people to clean their CCTV cameras!

I still think it looks like a man getting into the passenger side, even though that makes no sense as there is no evidence to suggest that pr was working with anyone else. I just can't see bare legs getting into the car and they look like man's legs in dark trousers to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502