Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did he need to tell his wife anything about picking up a crying girl before his arrest?
After his arrest would he have been able to speak to her other than via his solicitor?

I know it is probably going over old conversations but I can not recall any other case where the term homicide was used.
Before earlier posts I thought it was an American term for murder!

I think he knew there was a good chance he was either seen on CCTV or seen picking her up ...the police also appealed for a motorist who "helped" libby ..theres a chance he briefly thought this may be him even ..I think he either told his wife this in case he was caught or that he voluntarily told the police himself

The alleged crimes of the potential suspect, (apart from the petty thefts) all seem to be about subverting privacy. It's like the idea of sexual things being private is the source of the excitement - the person wants these private things exposed. 'I've seen your underwear, sex toys, photographs... I've made you watch me having sex with myself' etc. (I'd be surprised if someone with these interests wasn't also drawn to dogging sites).
But I find it hard to understand why someone with the above profile would seek out direct contact with a woman. It's not the same style at all. And to do what? Flash at her whilst she's trapped in the car? I guess maybe. But then kill her? really?
But having read a tiny bit about what drives flashers, it does seem that if the flashee doesn't behave 'appropriately', i.e. shocked and scared, the flasher can become angry.
That could be key.

I agree ..my initial thoughts were not that this was planned but opportunistic..I think he saw her as vulnerable enough to be a captive audience..a step up having someone forced to watch him so close

I have since also thought he may have progressed to physical assault and panicked at her screams

The alleged crimes of the potential suspect, (apart from the petty thefts) all seem to be about subverting privacy. It's like the idea of sexual things being private is the source of the excitement - the person wants these private things exposed. 'I've seen your underwear, sex toys, photographs... I've made you watch me having sex with myself' etc. (I'd be surprised if someone with these interests wasn't also drawn to dogging sites).
But I find it hard to understand why someone with the above profile would seek out direct contact with a woman. It's not the same style at all. And to do what? Flash at her whilst she's trapped in the car? I guess maybe. But then kill her? really?
But having read a tiny bit about what drives flashers, it does seem that if the flashee doesn't behave 'appropriately', i.e. shocked and scared, the flasher can become angry.
That could be key.
I agree on with some of your points, but I don't think he wanted to be a public exhibitionist, I think shocking a woman, on each occasion would be his arousal stimuli. Neither do I think dogging sites would give him the same fix because they are consensual and less intrusive.

I think he intended to inflict fear and control, and that in itself heightened his sense of masculinity and arousal. Direct contact is exactly what I think he saught all along, but was building up his confidence, or working on the anxiety and consequences of being caught by getting too close.

I think he knew there was a good chance he was either seen on CCTV or seen picking her up ...the police also appealed for a motorist who "helped" libby ..theres a chance he briefly thought this may be him even ..I think he either told his wife this in case he was caught or that he voluntarily told the police himself
Yes, I hadn't thought of that (that he may have told his wife when he realised the police were looking for 'a' motorist).

I agree on with some of your points, but I don't think he wanted to be a public exhibitionist, I think shocking a woman, on each occasion would be his arousal stimuli. Neither do I think dogging sites would give him the same fix because they are consensual and less intrusive.

I think he intended to inflict fear and control, and that in itself heightened his sense of masculinity and arousal. Direct contact is exactly what I think he saught all along, but was building up his confidence, or working on the anxiety and consequences of being caught by getting too close.
Yes. I've changed my mind about dogging and for the reasons you've explained.
I also agree that inflicting fear is a way of gaining control and power. And just as flashing and burglary can inflict fear, so too can direct physical/sexual assault.

I would add that the English language not being his mother tongue, and being married/committed to a wife (with a child), were in his mind restraints to him being able to indulge in a heightened sexual appetite. One he may have tried to suppress, but he may have got bored with his normal sex life being potentially too methodical or predictable (the alternative being less at home)....yet his desires were evolving uncontrollably (perceptually).
If this is the case, he would have become more...and more frustrated.

Edited to clarify - These are all my own opinions, and I have no evidence to confirm such theories.

Last edited:
I'd like to ask a question about the killing as an unplanned / accidental consequence of a sexual assault or rape that seems to be the opinion favoured by lots of people.

Rapists sadly manage to overpower sober and alert women all the time without killing them. A drunk, vulnerable and freezing woman would be far easier.

If PR was the perpetrator he is stocky and has broad shoulders. Libby was struggling to walk, drink, vulnerable and distressed by all accounts. Probably terrified as well.

I'd say she'd be easy to assault, rape and then leave without the sort of Struggle that would result in death. So why couldn't he have simply and deliberately decided to kill her
I agree, my theory is he killed her for 1 of 2 reasons (or both), 1) That was his moment of peak arousal to watch her taking her last breath.
2) to remove evidence of his crime (perhaps hoping another assumed runaway/ suicide)

I still wonder why PR was out at night.What reason did he give to his wife.
what shifts was he working,Did he go to work early the next morning or did he come back late the evening Libby went missing and saw her as he was being dropped off or drove home.

I agree, my theory is he killed her for 1 of 2 reasons (or both), 1) That was his moment of peak arousal to watch her taking her last breath.
2) to remove evidence of his crime (perhaps hoping another assumed runaway/ suicide)

I think you’re spot on Enquirer, it’s one of these two. I can’t decide which I’m more inclined to, it changes frequently but given his deviant ways I’m
leaning more towards number 1.

It’s been three weeks since Libby was found, meaning charges could be announced in the next week or the next PM is imminent.

Just a thought. If another PM is carried out next week then Libby is released for burial & this takes place, THEN charges are brought - where do the defence stand ? Tough luck they can’t order another one ? A possible tactic?

Sadly my opinion agrees with your opinion. Possibly both intertwined. Rape can happen without murder. Accidental killers panic and make mistakes. PR has not panicked.

Last edited:
I think you’re spot on Enquirer, it’s one of these two. I can’t decide which I’m more inclined to, it changes frequently but given his deviant ways I’m
leaning more towards number 1.

It’s been three weeks since Libby was found, meaning charges could be announced in the next week or the next PM is imminent.

Just a thought. If another PM is carried out next week then Libby is released for burial & this takes place, THEN charges are brought - where do the defence stand ? Tough luck they can’t order another one ? A possible tactic?
I genuinely cannot wait to hear what the charges will be (if any, very unlikely IMO), and I can't wait to hear what the final report will be into Libby's actual cause of death (like everyone else in this thread, no doubt).

In regards to a 2nd PM I thought that was only if the defence orders one, is this correct?

And I presume they can only order one If/After charges are brought?

I hope somone else has better insight here, because I have very little knowledge to contribute on the legal side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member