Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Stella8

Stella8 Well-Known Member

I would think this is the least likely scenario - could be wrong. I’d put some sort of video evidence, DNA evidence or evidence from a third party above the little creep confessing to a thing...

2. DanCJ

DanCJ Well-Known Member

This was the first case that brought me onto Web-Sleuths. Whats the next course of action, will it now be silence on the case until it comes to trial and then we get another thread?

ChiCubs2016, LucyRocket and Marulinka like this.
  3. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

There will likely be some sort of update in the media after PR has been in court next Wednesday. If he pleads guilty before the trial then there won't be a trial at all, he'll go straight to sentencing. If he pleads not guilty then there will be a trial and we'll probably not hear anything else until the trial begins. Either way I don't think there will be a new thread; we'll just keep using this one until it's "full" and then there'll be a new one.

ChiCubs2016, Niner, Amonet and 9 others like this.
  4. Oulton

Oulton Well-Known Member

Only just seen PR has finally been charged!

5. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

I meant over the coming months with his plead and then in court what will transpire.

ChiCubs2016 and bos like this.
  6. Fidobell

Fidobell Well-Known Member

Followed this story from the off , it's taken time but the news today answers all our prayers . RIP Libby . X

ChiCubs2016, Sally4x, Sera and 10 others like this.
  7. Via Marple

Via Marple Here to learn how devious minds work

The thread will then be moved to the trial forum, you will not notice if you have watched this thread.

I hope what happened to the Claremont serial killer thread won't happen here... Australian authorities asked Tricia to take down the thread before the trial. So now we can't discuss the case.

8. DanCJ

DanCJ Well-Known Member

I'm so glad that we are going to be able to get some closure, these cases just get you in a way that I cant quite put my finger on. Credit to the Police for never giving up, they've done well.

ChiCubs2016, Niner, Sera and 8 others like this.
  9. DanCJ

DanCJ Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, what led it to be taken down when other trial threads were allowed to proceed? It would be a massive blow if this happened here too.

10. LucyRocket

LucyRocket Well-Known Member

No plea yet

ChiCubs2016 and gregjrichards like this.
  11. LucyRocket

LucyRocket Well-Known Member

Hi Dan

We may get a small detail on October 30th, but unlikely. That will be a procedural hearing. It's listed as happening at the magistrate's court. Magistrate court does not have any dealings with major offences such as murder, so the likelihood is that this date will consist of the accused appearing in person, or more likely by video link, to confirm his identity details, inform him of the charge, and refer him to the crown court. The other line of duty of magistrate's court is to inform the accused as to whether they will be bailed or held on remand until their appearance at crown court, but as in this case the accused is already held in prison, that is not relevant

12. Via Marple

Via Marple Here to learn how devious minds work

13. DanCJ

DanCJ Well-Known Member

Thanks for this Lucy.

ChiCubs2016 and Amonet like this.
  14. Newthoughts

Newthoughts Well-Known Member

After the magistrates court, where I'd put money on him going for not guilty, does it go straight to trial or are there dates in between as there was with the other charges. This is the first case I've watched as well - and the thing that brought me to websleuths.

15. JosieJo

JosieJo Well-Known Member

It's very unlikely he will submit a plea at magistrates. It will be referred immediately to crown court where there is usually another procedural hearing very soon after
    The plea hearing usually comes much later and sometimes there is also a further case management hearing before trial actually begins ...if pleads not guilty

ChiCubs2016, bos, Loobyloo and 8 others like this.
  16. Crazy Mama

Crazy Mama Well-Known Member

17. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

I've just heard the news, great news for justice at least. The predator has been caught, he's not as clever as he imagined himself to be - much lower on the food chain!

ChiCubs2016, Smccat, Sally4x and 6 others like this.
  18. Eyes Wide Open

Eyes Wide Open Active Member

This is a huge step hopefully towards getting to the truth and justice, primarily for Libby's family, etc. The charge of rape must be based on some evidence and I can only think of (a) DNA, (b) Witness Statement, (c) Confession. Is his historical offending admissable in some way?
    Next week's hearing can't come quickly enough. I wonder about the pleas down the line - possibly guilty to neither, one or both charges. I really hope the family are spared from as much hurt as possible.

Lyndaloo, ChiCubs2016, Amonet and 5 others like this.
  19. Newthoughts

Newthoughts Well-Known Member

I was surprised at the rape charge. Not because I don't think it happened but because of the evidence requirements.

I do wonder if it hinges on whatever story he might have fed police early on to explain going into the park. In which case his previous offences may well be very relevant and useful if admissible.

I hope not tho because it's going to be hard enough for Libby's family to listen to evidence without having to sit through whatever slurs and tales the defence might use.

20. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

I still think that was Libby screaming in the park that night.

jiminy, ChiCubs2016, Sally4x and 11 others like this.