Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news to hear that PR has been arrested in relation to Libby. Well done to the police for playing the long game. I don’t think he’ll ever come out of prison, apart from the trial of course! Perhaps Broadmoor will become his new permanent abode in the future?

Thanks for the good news everyone!

I am also hopeful that he will be charged shortly. The police had been very patient, they must have been waiting for this moment, they are ready.

Justice for Libby. The truth needs to be known, no matter how painful.

Certainly hope that the 8.5 years is just the start...
Good news to hear that PR has been arrested in relation to Libby. Well done to the police for playing the long game. I don’t think he’ll ever come out of prison, apart from the trial of course! Perhaps Broadmoor will become his new permanent abode in the future?

I read a blog by a talented young officer some months back talking about why he quit the force. Essentially the workload was too insane and getting worse so why would a young person keep doing it?

That is the reality of the resourcing cuts - and that means offenders like PR don't get caught soon enough
Yep. I also know two well qualified youngsters desperate to join the police but despite political claims they are NOT recruiting at all.

And I heard a similar story from a prison officer. They can't keep staff either making a mockery of politcians claims to get tougher on crime.

Govt cuts are nearly as much to blame here as PR. With a fully funded police service I'm sure he'd have been caught 2 years ago

The website wasnt working last night. So no one yet has posted with the latest news - PR has now been arrested again and is being questioned re LS’s death. Let’s hope
For charge this time. I think the police were waiting for the outcome of the other trial.

Yes, I heard about this arrest last night - soooo frustrating not being able to access WS last night.

Being arrested: your rights

https://www.lawtonslaw.co.uk/resources/are-you-under-investigation-the-changes-to-police-bail/

What happens if I have been released under investigation?
You may be ‘released under investigation’ (RUI) by the police following an interview, rather than being given a bail date upon which you are obliged to return to the police station.

If you have been released under investigation you will have been released from custody without charge, with no obligation to return to the police station on bail to provide any further evidence for the offence for which you were questioned for.

However, even once you have been released, the police investigation against you will continue, with further evidence being collected and investigations carried out.

During the period of investigation, you may be required to speak to a police officer, or you may even be arrested again. In some instances, the police may also contact you to make an appointment to attend the police station for a further interview.

Many contributing factors determine how long a police investigation will take and, as such, there is no fixed amount of time associated with an investigation.

How long the investigation takes will depend on the type of offence, any witness evidence and your own evidence, amongst other factors.

You will be notified – at an unspecified point in the future – of the outcome of the investigation. Once the investigation is concluded, the police should notify you of the outcome.

Once the investigation is concluded you will either:

• Receive a letter stating that no further action will be taken
  • Receive a postal requisition (previously known as a court summons) to attend the magistrates’ court

He's only been held for 24 hours at the most this time.

Last edited:
The article also says they are preparing a case to put to the CPS but normally that's done while under arrest ...maybe it's purely because he is in prison so they are taking things steady ?

yeah if anybody can explain what they mean by that, that'd be great. It does seem like they are moving forward but I wonder why they arrested him on suspicion of murder this time? Something must have changed, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam