UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Missing woman Libby Squire | Humberside Police

Can you help find missing Libby Squire (21) last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club in Hull at around 11pm last night?

She is 5ft 7ins tall with shoulder length brown hair and was wearing a black long sleeved top, leather jacket and black denim skirt with lace.

If you have seen her please call 101 quoting log 29 of 01/02/19.

upload_2019-2-2_10-21-48.jpegupload_2019-2-2_10-25-38.jpeg

Humberside Police

Woman, 21, missing after last being seen getting into taxi on night out

Huge search for missing Libby Squire continues

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14

Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17

Thread #18

Last edited by a moderator:
Admin note:
Websleuths operates differently than other sites. It may be difficult to understand our rules in the beginning but when you have been here awhile you begin to appreciate the reasoning behind the rules. Primarily, we respect the integrity of a case by keeping out rumors and we also uphold protecting the innocent and peripheral players in a case.

New members need to read the following terms of service in their entirety. Members are responsible for knowing our rules and posting accordingly.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Please be mindful of the following:
* We do not sleuth people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* We do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI.

* We never post the name of a private individual, minor or adult, who has not been named in the media.

* Questions about the rules or moderation should be addressed to a mod in a private message called a conversation. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, do not reply as it will cause a huge clean up for mods. Alert the post so a mod can look at the post.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

Here is some information regarding our social media rules in case you missed it on the last thread.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

In summary, only the bolded blue are allowed to be discussed here.

If anyone is still not clear about the rules please contact me or another moderator via private message/conversation before posting.

Just bringing this forward from thread #2

Timeline:

11:18pm Libby turned away from Welly,
11:22pm Libby put in taxi
11:29 Taxi drops her near home on Wellesley Av. Neighbours saw her stumbling in street.
11:40 - 11:45 caught on CCTV on bench. Around this time grey beard man stopped to offer assistance, she declined, police have cleared him
11:49ish PR? car arrives on Haworth Street (per ITV CCTV)
12:04-12:06 ish man smoking (CCTV)
12:08 passenger door opens and someone/something is on passenger seat
(CCTV)
12:09 car drives away (CCTV)

12:09 police say Libby had left the bench by now
12:19 the same car (tbc) seen Newland Av (per Sun CCTV)
12:15-12:30ish dark and eerie screams coming from park for 15 minutes
12:30ish man seen running from park
12:30ish scream and banging gate heard from Heathcote St near Libbys house.

12:51
Libby was 'lying on the floor crying and screaming' witness says
Another witness Lorna Allen says she was walking on Beverley Road - on the opposite side to Haworth Street - when she saw Libby just before midnight.

She said: “I saw a girl at the bus stop near Haworth Street. She was lying on the floor, crying and screaming. She was in a state.

“I was a bit scared at first but crossed the road. She was laid flat out on the floor. I was stood at her feet. I did not notice if she had any injuries but she was talking to herself and slurring her words.

“I asked if she was alright and she replied that she just wanted to go home. She got herself up and sat on a little square wall.

"I watched her for around five minutes as I was concerned but she got up and walked towards the Endsleigh Centre, I started walking in the opposite directions and when I looked back I lost sight of her.

"I was scared to call the police but when they later showed me a picture of a missing student I recognised her as the girl I saw that night.”

Will the witnesses be required to attend court to be cross examined at some point?

Defence and prosecution will have read all witnesses statements. If those statements are relevant to the case, and both defense and prosecution agree those statements are true, they will just be read in court. Both sides agree with the facts contained in those statements, so there's nothing to be challenged and no point in bringing those witnesses.

Any statements which need further clarification, or which one or other side think contains information which doesn't fit their case or may be harmful to their case, those witnesses will be brought in to court so that both sides can have the opportunity top question them further

12:59
Two men found Libby lying in the snow
Roland Jacobs was on his way home from a darts match with his friend Alan Jones when they came across Libby on Beverley Road. They were travelling in a silver Picasso.

He says: “I saw a girl laid on the floor. It was snowing that night and there was snow on the floor. She was laid in the snow.”

Mr Jacobs said he turned to his friend and said, “‘Did you see that?’ And told Alan to stop the car which he did.

He added: “I wouldn’t want to see my daughter like that."

Libby Squire murder and rape trial - flatmates describe final night

13:01
CCTV shows freezing weather in night Libby disappeared
This CCTV footage from the Welly earlier that evening shows just how cold and snowy the weather was that night.

3_CCTV-pictures-of-Libby-Squire-by-the-Welly-club.jpg

Defence and prosecution will have read all witnesses statements. If those statements are relevant to the case, and both defense and prosecution agree those statements are true, they will just be read in court. Both sides agree with the facts contained in those statements, so there's nothing to be challenged and no point in bringing those witnesses.

Any statements which need further clarification, or which one or other side think contains information which doesn't fit their case or may be harmful to their case, those witnesses will be brought in to court so that both sides can have the opportunity top question them further

It's also routine for other kinds of exhibits. eg, where did the victim live etc. Everything that isn't contested with just be admitted or read in.

13:03
Good Samaritans offered to take Libby home
Mr Jacons told the court Libby'e legs were bloodied and he offered to giver her a lift home.

He said: “I went straight over to her. I didn’t know what to think at the time. She had bloodied knees as if she had fallen down.”

He said Libby was “crying, mumbling and talking to herself.”

He said: “I asked her to stand up but she was just mumbling, I couldn’t understand what she was saying.

“She asked me to lay down with her, I said, ‘No.’ I helped her to her feet, I had to grab her by her arms. Her legs weren’t working at first.”

Mr Jacobs told the court he then sat Libby on the wall behind the bus stop and asked her where she lived “so I could give her a lift home.”

He said: “I asked at first if she had a phone so I could call someone to come and get her and she said her friends had it. I asked where they were and I couldn’t understand what she was saying.”

Mr Jacobs said as he went to ask Alan if he could understand her, Libby made her way over to the car.

He said: “I asked her where she lived and I couldn’t understand her. She went back to the wall.”

He says her demeanour changed and she started to swear at him and tell him to “*advertiser censored** off.”

13:03
Good Samaritans offered to take Libby home
Mr Jacons told the court Libby'e legs were bloodied and he offered to giver her a lift home.

He said: “I went straight over to her. I didn’t know what to think at the time. She had bloodied knees as if she had fallen down.”

He said Libby was “crying, mumbling and talking to herself.”

He said: “I asked her to stand up but she was just mumbling, I couldn’t understand what she was saying.

She asked me to lay down with her, I said, ‘No.’ I helped her to her feet, I had to grab her by her arms. Her legs weren’t working at first.”

Mr Jacobs told the court he then sat Libby on the wall behind the bus stop and asked her where she lived “so I could give her a lift home.”

He said: “I asked at first if she had a phone so I could call someone to come and get her and she said her friends had it. I asked where they were and I couldn’t understand what she was saying.”

Mr Jacobs said as he went to ask Alan if he could understand her, Libby made her way over to the car.

He said: “I asked her where she lived and I couldn’t understand her. She went back to the wall.”

He says her demeanour changed and she started to swear at him and tell him to “*advertiser censored** off.”

BBM above. Oh no! This will surely be used further on in the trial.

This is not uncommon with drunk people, in my experience. Friends/acquaintances can get past this sort of reaction, but understandably strangers can be deterred from offering further help.

Agreed.

It takes patience. After a football derby last year, a drunk got entry to our haus around 4am by ringing all the buzzers until someone buzzed him in. He then roamed up and down the floors and intended to sleep in the stairwell. I was for calling the police, because at that time in the morning, who can be bothered? But a neighbour on a different floor coaxed him into leaving by talking with him for about 10 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa