UK UK - Lincs, Partial Human Remains, Apr'19

View attachment 181386

Here is the path it runs on further than the bit I've highlighted but I kind of got the impression that the leg was found more at the residential end of the path rather than where all the fields are.

Police divers have been searching the nearby beck.

None of the media articles hint at any missing persons cases from what I can see so I'm assuming at the moment there is no clue who it belongs to.

I can't think of any recent missing persons cases in the area that this could link to.

Unless the remains have been there a long time but the article doesn't state that it's skeletal remains so I'm assuming quite recent.

I'm guessing it must be someone fairly local. Just above where your map is cropped there's a roundabout, the road leading north goes straight into Grimsby, and the road leading east goes into Cleethorpes...so is it possible that a car dropped a body off near that roundabout and then animals have been scattering parts until the dog found the foot?

I am pondering medical student prank at the moment. It was found just 2 miles from Princess of Wales Hospital.

Seen this mentioned a fair bit on the Grimsby live Facebook page.

Would medical students really be so dumb to leave a human foot to be found?

It's really disrespectful to a dead person to use a body part in a prank.

I'd imagine they would be kicked off the course?

Seen this mentioned a fair bit on the Grimsby live Facebook page.

Would medical students really be so dumb to leave a human foot to be found?

It's really disrespectful to a dead person to use a body part in a prank.

I'd imagine they would be kicked off the course?

There seems to be at least one case of this happening in England each year. Or that seems to be the last word on the rogue hand or foot that enters the public domain.

I suspect they're only saying 'make sure you know where your children are' and highlighting that the path is used by schoolchildren because they don't want children to find more body parts - not because they think there's someone out there killing children. I do know adult women who are UK size four. Hell, I know an adult man who is UK size four (coincidentally, the brother of my female friend with size four feet). I live in Lincolnshire, though I'm pretty far from Waltham. Pretty unusual for this sort of thing to happen.

This is very, very local to me.

New Waltham is a village, but it is basically a suburb of Grimsby/Cleethorpes.

The chances of it being Leah Croucher are next to nil imo. Grimsby/Cleethorpes is not a place you pass through between going to other places. Its at the end of the motorway, and the end of the train line.

It will be someone from the local area. There are a fair few people living rough in the area, mostly drug addicts. Lots of people here are speculating that one of them has died somewhere and an animal has dragged the limb to where it was found.

Last edited:
The only woman on that list that went missing locally enough to be a likely match is Jamie Cheesman, but she has been missing since 1993.

Has anyone found any information on whether this limb was bone, or if it was flesh?

There are various conflicting local rumours on this, so I have no idea what to believe!

The only woman on that list that went missing locally enough to be a likely match is Jamie Cheesman, but she has been missing since 1993.

Has anyone found any information on whether this limb was bone, or if it was flesh?

There are various conflicting local rumours on this, so I have no idea what to believe!

It sure be interesting to know if it is skeletal or more recent.

There seems to be a lot that don't go on. I've never understood why.

I know, it’s not a definitive list but it should be. I think it must depend on whether the police force asks to add them on. Corrie wasn’t on there for a aaages but he is now. Suzy Lamplugh isn’t on, one of the most well known mispers at the time. Renata isn’t but other Yorkshire cases are. Weird (and annoying!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back