UK UK - Linda Smith, 12, Earls Colne, Essex, 16 Jan 1961

From Robin Hood’s posted link (1st) directly above:

“…a Co-operative baker at her [Linda’s] home village of Earls Colne, Essex, told him [Superintendent Mannings] that he did not know the girl and had never seen her.”

Yet other shopkeepers knew Linda Smith from her frequent trips to High Street?

The Coroner asked the baker if girls or children of any kind were in the habit of going to his bakery to get anything. The baker responded, “No, sir.” I find it hard to believe that children never made their way into the bakery. But if this is true, I wonder if there was something about the baker they found intimidating or “off” which kept them away.

The Baker also seemed to know she looked for tobacco tins in the waste area, strange if he didn't know her.

Kids and Bakery products seem to go hand in hand, they do around here, you can't get in to get served because of school children.

I don't know if anyone will be interested but I've just produced a three part podcast looking into Linda's murder. You can find the first episode at this link. I've spoken to Linda's sisters and to Richard who wrote the book on her murder and compiled all the available information including a detailed look at the suspect and all the evidence.

I don't know if anyone will be interested but I've just produced a three part podcast looking into Linda's murder. You can find the first episode at this link. I've spoken to Linda's sisters and to Richard who wrote the book on her murder and compiled all the available information including a detailed look at the suspect and all the evidence.

Great podcast, very informative - it was interesting to hear from Linda's sisters and Richard.

Great podcast, very informative - it was interesting to hear from Linda's sisters and Richard.

Thank you. It was an interesting experience talking to Linda's family. They're such a fun group and I really felt the absence of Linda and the woman she might have become when I was among them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back