UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logan Mwangi murder trial latest as mum gives evidence

Rsbm

She said: “I wanted to leave and get help for Logan, I wanted help. They overstepped the mark and hurt Logan.……

……I caught my legs on the baby gate and I ran and ran.”

I suppose that would explain the bruises on her thighs, BUT she 'walked' to the gate according to CCTV, according to her she 'ran and ran' - Overly dramatised here IMO.

Williamson said: “Yes he did…. I ran to the living room to get my phone to call Rhiannon (Hales) or mum to come and get me. I wanted to get help for Logan.”

'I ran'..........again trying to suggest she was panicked - IF she was SO scared, then YES, you do call someone - OR you leave with LM knowing that the baby and youth would be safe in JC's company.

Williamson said: “I thought I had made enough racket for people to come and save Logan, to save all of us. Jay said he was in the SAS, he could have found us anyway….. I couldn’t leave (Logan) in the house on his own so I came back inside.”

Save Logan? She wanted other people to save him?

She said: “Everything was put into the tumble dryer. Logan and I were spraying his room with Dettol spray. Because the mattress protector was white I didn’t want it to bleed with the other colours.

So some of the bedding was put back onto the bed after being washed but the bottom sheet wasn't? Why not? And why was that sheet still being dried in the morning?

Defendant said she would 'never' grab or shake Logan
David Elias QC, who is cross-examining Angharad Williamson on behalf of John Cole, turns to the topic of Logan’s behaviour.

Mr Elias said: “Logan could be difficult and challenging…. And on occasions you found him challenging.” Williamson said: “I did.”

Mr Elias said: “What did you do to punish him physically?” Williamson said: “I tapped him to the back of the hand a couple of times.”

Mr Elias said: “Did you do anything else to discipline him?” Williamson said “I took his hand and walked him to the corner.”

Mr Elias said: “Would you ever grab him?” Williamson said: “I’d never grab him. He’s got a broken arm so why would I grab him?”

Mr Elias said: “Never an occasion when you shook him?” Williamson said: “No I would never shake my child.”

Mr Elias said: “Why did you tell police you grabbed him?” Williamson said: “I didn’t grab him, I held him…… I hate the way you’re twisting everything ……….. I hate the way you’re making it out to be manipulative or has some ulterior meaning….. I really don’t appreciate it.”

Mr Elias said: “Can you be manipulative?” Williamson said: “No I can’t.”

I think you can tell that JC has had more experience of the justice system than AW. He was very composed when he was being cross-examined - only giving one-word answers a lot of the time - but under AW's cross-examination she's getting really angry, saying "I hate the way you’re making it out… I really don’t appreciate it... that's a stupid question" etc. It's hard to imagine what the jury will make of that but I doubt it'll get them on her side.

John Cole picked on my child'
Barrister David Elias QC, who is representing John Cole, takes Angharad Williamson to her police interviews. Mr Elias said: “You say you’ve grabbed your son in the past.”

Wiliamson said: “Here on his arm to take him off to his bedroom.”

Mr Elias said: “You held him and said: ‘Stop telling *advertiser censored***** lies?”

Williamson said: “I came down to his level, grabbed him, and said: ‘Stop *advertiser censored***** lying’. I did swear….. I don’t remember what it was about, I only grabbed him once.”

Mr Elias said: “You’re now accepting you did grab him?” Williamson said: “Grab is the wrong word…. Someone people would say grab, some people would say held."

Mr Elias said: “You’ve heard what John Cole said. Is it right you grabbed him and shook him?”

Williamson said: “I’ve heard what he’s accused me of…. No, I never put my hands on my son’s upper arms and grabbed him.”

The defendant was asked if she usually swore and spoke to Logan like that. She said it wasn’t usual.

The barrister referred to Cole’s claim Logan brought up Williamson sleeping with his father Benjamin Mwangi.

Mr Elias said: “You turned immediately to your son Logan, grabbed him, and said: ‘Stop telling *advertiser censored**** lies’.”

Williamson said: “I went down to Logan’s level in a firm voice and said: ‘Logan please stop *advertiser censored***** lying….took hold of his arms and led him to the bedroom…. I have never shook my child.”

She added: “John Cole picked on my child. Telling a child off for lying is not picking on him.”

I think you can tell that JC has had more experience of the justice system than AW. He was very composed when he was being cross-examined - only giving one-word answers a lot of the time - but under AW's cross-examination she's getting really angry, saying "I hate the way you’re making it out… I really don’t appreciate it... that's a stupid question" etc. It's hard to imagine what the jury will make of that but I doubt it'll get them on her side.

I think JC comes across extremely untrustworthy because of that.

On Thursday [Cole] didn’t hit him that hard…. If I thought he had hurt him that much I would have taken him to hospital

But surely, when faced with evidence, you would raise the possibility that jc's actions had been the cause of the injuries.

JC was a walty mitty then, lying to everyone about his 'special services' etc. He lies so easily.

i think AW has some kind of borderline or personality disorder, shes very odd. All over the place, up and down. Poor logan having these two in his short life, and to top it off a violent disturbed teenager.

I imagine this is how AW speaks to anyone who dares to have a different opinion to her or challenges her about anything.
Putting the blame on to them and turning on the tears.

Maybe if that fails a seizure will be next.

Williamson denies burning Logan with a spoon
Angharad Williamson was asked about claims the youth defendant was hitting Logan but she didn’t believe her son.

She said: “I believe Logan was doing it for attention."

David Elias QC, who is representing John Cole, said: “You were wound up about dirty looks as well weren’t you?” Williamson said: “I was wound up by Jay accusing him of doing dirty looks.”

The barrister refers to Williamson’s police interviews and quotes Williamson saying “He does a little smirk when he’s being told off and it gets on everyone’s nerves.”

Williamson said she was wound up by Cole complaining about the “dirty looks” and used a baby monitor to see if he was making dirty looks.

Mr Elias said: “You lost your temper with him when you put a tea spoon in the back of his neck."

Williamson said: ““No, I’ve never burnt my son on the back of his neck.”

The defendant said her father would tap her on the back of her hand with a spoon and had told Cole about it in confidence.

She said: “I think it’s absolutely disgusting. My son burnt himself on the back of a tap. It wasn’t circular. I loved my son dearly, I would never hurt him.”

Mr Elias said: “You had a temper sometimes didn’t you?” Williamson said: “I got upset. Getting upset and having a temper is a different thing.”

JC was a walty mitty then, lying to everyone about his 'special services' etc. He lies so easily.

i think AW has some kind of borderline or personality disorder, shes very odd. All over the place, up and down. Poor logan having these two in his short life, and to top it off a violent disturbed teenager.

Narcs don't like having their true selves exposed JMO MOO!

I didn’t know my son was going to get killed'
Angharad Williamson was asked why she didn’t want to be near the youth defendant at Bridgend police station. She said: “He and Jay took my son’s dead body out of the back of my house. They killed him.”

David Elias QC, representing John Cole, said: “Do you know what happened to your son Logan?”

Williamson said: “I do not know what happened to Logan on Friday.”

Mr Elias said: “You were in his bedroom with him didn’t you?”

Williamson said: “When he went to sleep, yes.”

Mr Elias said: “And you stayed in there with him?”

Williamson said: “No, you’ve got your days mixed up.”

The barrister turns to Williamson’s police interviews when she was asked about the night she stayed in with Logan. She said: “Thursday, Friday, Thursday.”

Williamson said: “I see what you’re doing is very clever. You’re implying I’ve got my days mixed up. My son was assaulted on Thursday – that’s when I ran out of the house. A lot happened in these interviews and my son had been killed.”

Mr Elias said: “That wasn’t a slip of the tongue wasn’t it?” Williamson said: “No.”

Mr Elias said: “[On Friday] You were using your phone, putting the lights on and off and touching the curtains.” Williamson said: “I was asleep.”

Mr Elias said: “You slept through the entire thing?” Williamson said: “Yes I did.”

Mr Elias said: “Had you taken your medication every night that week?” Willaimson said: “No.”

She was asked why she left Cole in charge of Logan if he had threatened them. She said: “Everybody was asleep in their beds, Logan never got up in the middle of the night so I thought it was perfectly safe….. He said if we split up he could kill Logan. We spoke about the assault on Logan and he said it would never happen again….

“I took my medication because I was exhausted….. I didn’t know my son was going to get killed." She cries again.

The barrister asks Williamson about her relationship with Logan. Mr Elias said: “Had your bond with Logan weakened.?” Williamson said: “Yes it had.”

Speaking about Cole looking after Logan she said: “He was phenomenal. He stood up and looked after Logan really well – he was a father figure to him.”

Mr Elias said: “Your bond was never the same with Logan?”

Williamson said: “It drifted apart but came back again. You never lost that bond with a child.”

So some of the bedding was put back onto the bed after being washed but the bottom sheet wasn't? Why not? And why was that sheet still being dried in the morning?

I think they did put all the bedding back on during the day, but had to remove and wash the bottom sheet again that night, after Logan died, when they saw the blood on it.

“He and Jay took my son’s dead body out of the back of my house. They killed him.”

They killed him.

Mr Elias said: “Had you taken your medication every night that week?” Willaimson said: “No.”

“I took my medication because I was exhausted….. I didn’t know my son was going to get killed." She cries again.

She was exhausted yet took a sleeping aid :rolleyes:

The poster who said that she wouldn’t like being challenged was dead on.

My personal feeling is that she’s going for coercive control as a defence but I doubt that was the case. Which makes it worse for women who really are in coercive, controlling relationships, having their situations used by women like this. AW is showing no remorse or regret at all, it seems this is not only the fault of JC and the boy but also random passers by and whoever else was meant to have protected Logan when she didn’t.

Of course, this is my own opinion and the jury will be able to judge much better with the actual people in front of them.

I never touched my son’s dead body apart from when I saw him in hospital'
Angharad Williamson is still being cross-examined by John Cole's barrister David Elias QC. The topic changes to Logan’s pyjamas.

Mr Elias said: “What pyjamas was he wearing when you took him to bed on Friday night?”

Williamson said: “I don’t know….. I don’t remember…. I don’t remember what pyjamas I was wearing that night.”

Mr Elias said: “You put him to bed and took him to the toilet. Think what he was wearing.” Williamson said: “I don’t know.”

Mr Elias said: “Was he wearing dinosaur pyjamas?” Williamson said: “I don’t know.”

Mr Elias said: “Do you not want to remember?” Williamson said: “I don’t know.”

The defendant asked if she was lying but she denied this.

The barrister turns to Williamson’s police interviews. She told the officers he had a black Spiderman top on.

She said: “When I went to identify my son’s dead body he had a black Spiderman top on so I assumed that was the clothes he wore. He liked that top because it was velvety. It was one of his favourites.”

Mr Elias said: “You knew full well what he was wearing because you had seen him that night.”

Williamson said: “No. I was asleep, I did not know what went on.”

Mr Elias said: “You played a part in putting that Spiderman top on him.”

Williamson said: “I never touched my son’s dead body apart from when I saw him in hospital. What you are implying is sick and disgusting.”

Mr Elias said: “You ripped that pyjama top because you were in a temper.”

Williamson said: “No I wasn’t, I loved my baby and protected him from the world. I would never harm him.”

Mr Elias added: “What was he wearing when you say he was assaulted on the Thursday?”

Williamson said: “I don’t know.”

Mr Elias said: “Did it make you think about the assault when you were asked these things?”

Williamson said: “No."

The defendant said the pyjama top was not damaged when she saw it last when she put it in the pyjama drawer.

Mr Elias said: “You didn’t want to tell police you knew he was wearing a dinosaur pyjama top.”

Williamson said: “You’re implying something that is not exactly true.”

Mr Elias said: “You knew there was a change of top because you were up in the night.”

Williamson said: “No it’s not, what you are implying is false.”

The barrister refers to a passage in Williamson’s police interview

She said: “I wasn’t focusing on the pyjama top. I was more focused on finding out why my son was dead."

Mr Elias said: “You didn’t want the police to ask about the pyjama top because you knew what happened to it and asked for it to be thrown away.”

Williamson said: “No that’s not correct.”

The trial adjourns for a 15-minute break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member