GUILTY UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #6

No news on sentencing but a BBC report on today's announcement that there won't be a review of children's services in Wales:

They basically blamed lockdown, and social workers not being able to see kids. That definitely played a role here, but the youth being placed with Cole so soon before Logan’s death… well I don’t see how that’s because of covid.

There's going to be a serious case review which will highlight mistakes or opportunities missed to prevent Logan's death. He was taken off the child protection register the month before his death....this involves all professionals involved agreeing....so there must have been an improvement in his home life being presented... obviously this wasn't accurate. But professionals can only assess what is presented :(

There's going to be a serious case review which will highlight mistakes or opportunities missed to prevent Logan's death. He was taken off the child protection register the month before his death....this involves all professionals involved agreeing....so there must have been an improvement in his home life being presented... obviously this wasn't accurate. But professionals can only assess what is presented :(
IMO, what was presented was, that Logan was living with a youth with a serious history of violence along with JC who also had a serious criminal record. AW had reported that the youth had pushed Logan down the stairs. There are no excuses here for social services.

IMO, what was presented was, that Logan was living with a youth with a serious history of violence along with JC who also had a serious criminal record. AW had reported that the youth had pushed Logan down the stairs. There are no excuses here for social services.
Or the school, school nurse, doctor, health visitor...all the professionals involved in his care and who agreed to him coming off a child protection plan. The blame isn't solely at social services door. Working together to safeguard children guidance is clear...it is everyone's responsibility.

'It is cases such as those of Arthur, Star, Logan Mwangi, Kyrell Matthews and Hakeem Hussain that, despite several previous reforms, continue to point to a fundamental deficit in our range of responses. The recent report on the serious injuries suffered by a child in Northamptonshire points to the lack of action and intervention by staff despite having information on the child’s suffering, and staff believing they were not empowered to act'.

• Transmission (TX):
    Thu 30 Jun 2022

The information contained herein is embargoed from all Press, online, social media, non-commercial publication or syndication - in the public domain - until Tuesday 21 June 2022.

The Murder of Logan Mwangi

“It is probably one of the most concerning calls that police will ever deal with, missing children. You know instinctively that any one of them could be the occasion where something tragic has happened.” Mark O’Shea, Chief Inspector, South Wales Police

This extraordinary documentary tells the story of the investigation into the murder of 5-year-old Logan Mwangi, whose body was found dumped in a river just yards from his home.

With remarkable access to South Wales Police homicide detectives, the programme captures the arrest and police questioning of Logan’s mother and her partner, alongside the painstaking work to prove who killed him.

The documentary hears from Logan’s biological father, Ben Mwangi, who speaks openly on what it is like to lose his son, as well as his discussions with the police on what happened to Logan. Mr Mwangi last saw his little boy 19 months prior to his death, as he was stopped from seeing him by Logan’s mother, Angharad Williamson.

The documentary shows the chronological order of events, from the 999 call to the final court case. The behind-the-scenes footage follows every step of this harrowing story - one of South Wales Police’s biggest investigations.

The case, led by Chief Inspector Mark O’Shea and Detective Inspector Lianne Rees, shows first-hand the dedication - and the emotion - of those police officers as they try to deliver justice for Logan and his family.

So much time has passed since the trial.

And now I'm inclined to think it was the youth who eventually killed Logan.

The teen so obviously lacks empathy and finer feelings, but, after all, he seems to be a victim of domestic abuse himself.

I'm really curious what his sentence will be.
Will he be free when he turns 18 or 21?
I guess, psychiatrists' opinions will be decisive.

MOO

Last edited:
So much time has passed since the trial.

And now I'm inclined to think it was the youth who eventually killed Logan.

The teen so obviously lacks empathy and finer feelings, but, after all, he seems to be a victim of domestic abuse himself.

I'm really curious what his sentence will be.
Will he be free when he turns 18 or 21?
I guess, psychiatrists' opinions will be decisive.

MOO

I hope he gets named.

According to the CPS sentencing guidelines for murder, the starting point for offenders under 18 is 12 years' detention.

Then aggravating and mitigating factors are applied.

I wonder if aggravating factors for JC would include that the murder was racially-motivated.

Articles based on tomorrow's ITV programme:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back