UK- London Nine injured in suspected acid attack, children among injured 01/31/24

Is it a lethal jump from Chelsea Bridge? Always a possibilty, if he survived the jump and can swim, he could have swam to a shore?
This is what it looks like. Though it's taller and longer than it seems from this perspective. The water a lot deeper as well.
1707515128255.png

It's not guaranteed, but the Themes usually is after a fall like that, especially midwinter. It would take a strong swimmer and I'd bet decent odds on an asylum seeker from Afghanistan not being able to swim much at all.

The Themes keeps a lot of the bodies they know went in. He might turn up somewhere down by Grays or Southend, but equally he might not.

I only care so much as a body may reassure his victim that he's definitely dead and gone.

Last edited:
This is what it looks like. Though it's taller and longer than it seems from this perspective. The water a lot deeper as well.
View attachment 482161

It's not guaranteed, but the Themes usually is after a fall like that, especially midwinter. It would take a strong swimmer and I'd bet decent odds on an asylum seeker from Afghanistan not being able to swim much at all.

The Themes keeps a lot of the bodies they know went in. He might turn up somewhere down by Grays or Southend, but equally he might not.

I only care so much as a body may reassure his victim that he's definitely dead and gone.
Trying to judge by that white car...maybe a 65 to 75 foot jump?

Until the body is found I’m sure the victims will not rest - abit like the case in the USA where a man murdered a mother and LE believe he took his life in a forest until found it gives no closure)

I do agree with the police that he’s In the river - clearly he planned to drive back but then that plan failed - along with his eye issue I do feel this is the only likely outcome

I just hope he’s found so the victims can relax without looking over their shoulders

Some say he wanted to drive back to Newcastle after the attack.

How come?

Attack a woman and kids and merrily come back home as if nothing happened?
Driving his own car to the crime scene, and then leaving?

Did he think it was not a crime in the UK?
Was he acting under diminished responsibility, meaning attack of madness?

Anybody normal knows that he would have been caught and then possibly deported.

He was known to the victim and his name/identity/address would be known to Police too.
:rolleyes:

JMO

Last edited:
Some say he wanted to drive back to Newcastle after the attack.

How come?

Attack a woman and kids and merrily come back home as if nothing happened?
Driving his own car to the crime scene, and then leaving?

Did he think it was not a crime in the UK?
Was he acting under diminished responsibility, meaning attack of madness?

Anybody normal knows that he would have been caught and then possibly deported.

He was known to the victim and his name/identity/address would be known to Police too.
:rolleyes:

JMO
Yes as you say there didn’t seem any way of him getting away with it as he was known to the victim and his car was at the scene. Maybe it was always going to be his final act?

"Met Police to search Thames for Clapham chemical attack suspect.

The force said on Friday
that boats from the Marine Policing Unit
would be used as part of the search and
it would take place at low tide -

although the nature of the Thames makes it difficult for authorities to find bodies."

Last edited:

Police to search Thames for body of chemical attack suspect Abdul Ezedi​

Met to deploy boats along the river after Ezedi was seen on CCTV leaning over the railings of Chelsea Bridge

[…]

Nick Aldworth, a former senior police officer, told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “One of the things that the marine police will understand intimately is how the river works. They’ll understand how the tides come in and out. They’ll have a really good understanding of where a body may appear if it goes in at any particular point along its length.

“They will be focusing their searching along there to start with and then they may, depending on resources, expand that search.

“One of the most important things is they are making people aware of that possibility so that the many hundreds, if not thousands, of river users will be mindful of that and hopefully report anything they see.”

He said he thought it was very likely that Ezedi’s body would be discovered “if that is where it is”, given the modern technology available to officers.

“The Met can bring in anything it needs to, we saw that during the Olympics with borrowing resources from both commerce and military if necessary,” he said.

“Typically, you can scan rivers using sonar. They will also possibly use one of the police national air service helicopters to go along the length of the river to speed things along.”

[…]

Clapham attack: Police to search Thames for suspect Abdul Shokoor Ezedi​

At a briefing on Friday, Metropolitan Police officers said the search of the Thames would involve boats from the Marine Policing Unit - and would take place at low tide.

They warned that at this time of year the Thames was very fast flowing and full of snags, and that it was possible Ezedi's body may never surface.

Is it a lethal jump from Chelsea Bridge? Always a possibilty, if he survived the jump and can swim, he could have swam to a shore?

Probably lethal due to the cold and the current / tidal movement and nowhere to climb out IMO

ETA: Also, if he has gone in the water, he would likely have been in extremely poor physical condition which would have worked against him.

Clapham attack: Police searching Thames for suspect Abdul Shokoor Ezedi​

A police boat, with two officers on board, searches the River Thames near Chelsea Bridge
IMAGE SOURCE, PA MEDIA
Image caption, Officers began searching the river at low tide on Saturday morning

Some more pictures and a video of Chelsea Bridge.

I do hope that if he is found ,his new found church friends give him a proper Christian funeral.

fwiw..
It's worth noting that although the Thames in London is tidal, it's a long way from the sea. From Chelsea Bridge it's 24 miles to the lowest crossing at Dartford and 42 miles to what's just about open sea at Canvey Island. It's also a very busy waterway. Unless his body is snagged underwater, it should rise to the surface long before it works it's way down river to the sea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back