UK- London Nine injured in suspected acid attack, children among injured 01/31/24

Is it known if the injury is from the attack or did he already have it?

Acid attacks require copious amounts of irrigation. Just continuous water poured for at least half an hour. If it gets in the eye, it needs to be forced opened and irrigated continuously with water running off the skin as quickly as possible. It continues to react and burn for a day or more even with treatment. If that's a fresh injury from splashback. He is going to need treatment and soon. A small bottle of water is not going to cut it.

I wonder if this was a revenge attack? As in, if that mark on his face is an older injury, perhaps this woman and her kids are connected/family to someone who attacked him in a similar manner.

Casting no blame on the victims here. I just think it would be a very strange coincidence for a man with significant burn injuries to his face to attempt to inflict acid-burn injuries to this woman's face.

Of course it could be the common reason this happens and she turned him down at some point in the past.

Is it known if the injury is from the attack or did he already have it?

Acid attacks require copious amounts of irrigation. Just continuous water poured for at least half an hour. If it gets in the eye, it needs to be forced opened and irrigated continuously with water running off the skin as quickly as possible. It continues to react and burn for a day or more even with treatment. If that's a fresh injury from splashback. He is going to need treatment and soon. A small bottle of water is not going to cut it.

I wonder if this was a revenge attack? As in, if that mark on his face is an older injury, perhaps this woman and her kids are connected/family to someone who attacked him in a similar manner.

Casting no blame on the victims here. I just think it would be a very strange coincidence for a man with significant burn injuries to his face to attempt to inflict acid-burn injuries to this woman's face.

Of course it could be the common reason this happens and she turned him down at some point in the past.
The police said he would need medical help so it must be a new injury.

I don't know how he's just walking around like that and nobody has spotted him.
In my opinion he is not walking about now otherwise as you say he would be spotted. In the early stages when he was wandering about nobody knew who they were looking for. I expect people will now be reporting that they did see him but I’m not sure how much help that will be to track him down now.

It's hard to tell from the blurry images whether he burned his face with the substance he threw, or if he has a black eye/cut eyebrow from hitting his head when he crashed the car.
It is hard to tell. Though I have seen a training video of an acid attack which included some very graphic first responder footage, and the skin was... Sloughing off. Red in the deep parts and and white and melting in others.

Of course the victim in that case was a white male and the acid was sulfuric.

This male having a darker pigment and used an alkaline (usually less corrosive thank god) so I can't say if it could produce that kind of dark injury when fresh.

Some of the reports describe it as a burn to his face. If he got that from splashback I am not sure he'd be able to casually walk around a few hours later. The victim interview I saw spoke of indescribable pain for days after - and that's with full hospital treatment/ irrigation/ painkillers. If I remember right, even fully flushed out and treated it continues to eat away at the site for days afterwards.

Last edited:
It is hard to tell. Though I have seen a training video of an acid attack which included some very graphic first responder footage, and the skin was... Sloughing off. Red in the deep parts and and white and melting in others.

Of course the victim in that case was a white male and the acid was sulfuric.

This male having a darker pigment and used an alkaline (usually less corrosive thank god) so I can't say if it could produce that kind of dark injury when fresh.

Like you, I don't know what an alkali burn would/could look like. But to me his injury looks a lot like the kind of swollen black eye boxers get.

It’s unbelievable that he hasn’t been found yet - he probably could not look more distinctive with that fresh injury. The area around Kings Cross is covered in cctv cameras, and im pretty certain all tube platforms are well covered with cameras too so they must surely have a reasonable idea of where he headed.

"Dozens of police hunting the Clapham chemical attacker

raided a flat in east London where it is believed the suspect's BROTHER lives -

evacuating shocked neighbours and questioning them at 2am."

Video towards the end of the article shows a man fleeing the scene, he takes what looks like a hard fall before stumbling back to his feet.

In my absolutely non medical opinion. I think his injury is from splash black from throwing the substance. Think of throwing a cup of water at someone with your right hand, the motion of yanking your hand back might cause the remnants to splash in your face on your right side. Then if you rubbed your eye to try and see or remove the water it would spread. All moo but I think what we see here is some karma in play.

Hope this *bleep* gets caught soon.

Last edited:
It's hard to tell from the blurry images whether he burned his face with the substance he threw, or if he has a black eye/cut eyebrow from hitting his head when he crashed the car.
In the video footage it looked like he hit his face on the pavement when he ran off. Hopefully he burned himself, hit his head in the car and hit his face on the pavement.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammy Davis Jr