GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

Surely it would be difficult for a 6 feet tall man of some bulk to be standing over a body (bent over from the waist one assumes) and being able to punch with both fists, with enough force repeatedly, over and over, the head and face, to cause these catastrophic injuries. And avoid blood on hands, clothing etc.

Also, I don't believe he used his fists. There would have been noticeable injuries to both of his hands. MOO

Two things I’m curious about; one, the way he is prepared to admit to some of the violence quite unashamedly and unapologetically (inferred from the court reports) but obviously draws himself a line about other instances of violence, despite the evidence against him. Two, by what mechanism was the hole in her stomach area caused. I know it is macabre to dwell on it, but I am curious as to how this was caused. It just seems so strange and random. And described as a ‘hole’ not a laceration, or such. One assumes it must have been cut in some way? Very puzzling
With regards to the hole, I agree, it's very puzzling,especially the way it is described... and this might sound strange but I keep thinking of serial killers when they are children, they sometimes kill an animal just "see what they looked like on the inside"

Court 1 T20207045
SHANE LEE MAYS
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 12:19

More legal submissions... Does anyone have an idea what that might be about?

I found this info:
Legal Submissions Legal technicalities are under discussion either within the court (where the jury may have to be removed) or the chambers. The Prosecution and/or the Defence Counsel may be addressing the judge. Under some circumstances the public may be denied access to the court until the submissions are complete.
XHIBIT: Court list

But it doesn't really say anything.

We had a few of these when I was on a jury. One of them was the judge, defence and prosecution discussing whether it was relevent and in the best interest of the trial for the jury to be informed that our case had previously been brought to caught, but had to be suspended for some reason.

I should imagine there are numerous legal points that need to be discussed in order to provide a fair trial.

Also, I don't believe he used his fists. There would have been noticeable injuries to both of his hands. MOO

I am pretty sure that if you ‘lost it’ in a blind rage, and wanted to attack someone who was on the floor whilst you were standing over them it would be more likely kicks or something you could wield as a weapon.
When your body is bent over it is hard to move freely whilst maintaining balance and hard to breathe deeply without focussing on your deeper breathing; I imagine that your strength and stamina would be affected. If he used kicks would he have more blood on his shoes? If he was ‘on her’ like straddling her, maybe it makes sense? Whatever actually did happen, he is not likely to give it over truthfully. Sorry just musing these thing over ...

I am pretty sure that if you ‘lost it’ in a blind rage, and wanted to attack someone who was on the floor whilst you were standing over them it would be more likely kicks or something you could wield as a weapon.
When your body is bent over it is hard to move freely whilst maintaining balance and hard to breathe deeply without focussing on your deeper breathing; I imagine that your strength and stamina would be affected. If he used kicks would he have more blood on his shoes? If he was ‘on her’ like straddling her, maybe it makes sense? Whatever actually did happen, he is not likely to give it over truthfully. Sorry just musing these thing over ...

If he'd kicked her in the head wouldn't his trainers have left imprints on her face / head? I wonder if he used a rock? I'm also guessing he must have had no top on at the time of the attack or i'd expect blood splatter / impact splatter on his top. I don't think he'd remove his top before hitting her to protect it from potential blood splatters.. which leads me back to thinking either he removed his top for a sexual assault, or he'd removed his top due to the heat that day.

If he'd kicked her in the head wouldn't his trainers have left imprints on her face / head? I wonder if he used a rock? I'm also guessing he must have had no top on at the time of the attack or i'd expect blood splatter / impact splatter on his top. I don't think he'd remove his top before hitting her to protect it from potential blood splatters.. which leads me back to thinking either he removed his top for a sexual assault, or he'd removed his top due to the heat that day.

yes lots of unexplained things

14:04JAMIE PHILLIPS
Proceedings back underway
Proceedings have now resumed following a lunch break.

Shane Mays remains in the witness box and continues to be questioned by prosecutor James Newton-Price QC.

14:21JAMIE PHILLIPS
Defendant admits lying to police officer
During the subsequent search for Louise, Shane Mays told Hampshire Constabulary's DI Nicola Burton that he had dropped Louise at a skate park and "saw her walk off".

However, he had admitted that was a lie as he "did not want to get in trouble".

14:25JAMIE PHILLIPS
Jury being shown CCTV footage of defendant walking route with officers
The jury is being shown CCTV footage of Shane Mays walking along the route he claimed to have walked with Louise Smith with detectives as an investigation into Louise's [dis]appearance was launched.

Louise Smith murder trial updates as accused continues to give evidence

Last edited:
27 minutes ago
Who is ‘Skinny Boy’?
PC Karen Day went to visit CJ just hours after Louise was reported missing. Shane Mays was out searching for Louise at this time.

According to CJ, a person called ‘Skinny Boy’ said on social media they had seen the teenager in Emsworth.

‘Did the information come from you?’ asked James Newton-Price, prosecuting.

‘No,’ Mays replied.

23 minutes ago
What Shane Mays did the day after
The day after attacking Louise, Shane Mays looked for her at Havant Railway Station, and was out for the rest of the day.

He told police he searched Waterlooville, Rowlands Castle, Langstone Harbour and Leigh Park.

Mr Newton-Price QC said: ‘There was no chance Louise would be at Havant train station. Her body was lying in that clearing [in Havant Thicket].'

19 minutes ago
‘I remember everything’ said defendant
Months after the attack, while Mays was in prison at HMP Bristol, he came to remember everything that happened, including punching Louise and leaving her in the clearing.

‘I remember everything,’ he told the court.

This morning, Mays said he experiences problems with remembering things, and couldn’t remember what happened immediately after the attack.

2 minutes ago
Mays lied to police to avoid ‘getting into trouble’
When questioned by police, Mays told detectives that he saw Louise walk down Billy Lawn Avenue, the opposite direction to where he walked with her.

Upon being asked why he did this by the prosecution, Mays said: ‘I didn’t want to get into trouble - because everyone always points the finger at me.

Prosecutor Mr Newton-Price QC said: '[This was] a lie. By that stage there was a major missing persons operation going on.

'It was very important for the police to get a true account from the last people who had been seen with Louise. You were being crafty - showing them something that never happened. Why?'

Mays replied: ‘Because I thought that’s where I went and I didn’t want to get into trouble. I didn’t know at the time.'

Louise Smith murder trial: Live updates as Shane Mays set to give evidence

14:37JAMIE PHILLIPS
Defendant accused of giving 'false information' to police
Mr Newton-Price QC asks why Shane Mays showed police a route he and Louise did not walk along.

You were acting out something that never happened. You were showing them something that never happened. Let's be clear, you did not walk with Louise down that road on May 8, do you agree? And having taken the police officers down there, you were giving false information.

These are the officers whose job it is to find Louise. If you are correct, you say Louise may not have been dead when you left her, is that right? And yet here you are walking police in the wrong direction.

Mays replies: "I thought I had walked that way."

IMO he took his top (and trousers too I'd think) off before the attack. No way to avoid any blood on it if it went the way he described.
It definitely started the night before, he slipped up MOO. I hope the jury can see through all these lies.

I feel for her mum, if and it's a big if as he's a lying liar, if the trigger for L was his comment on her mum to hit him, that might have been the last thing said. I hope all her family and especially her mum gets the support they need.

(Am at work today unfortunately so trying to check as much as possible, apologies if it has been mentioned before.)

14:49JAMIE PHILLIPS
Defendant tried to hide behind wife's 'dominant personality', court hears
In four police visits to the flat of CJ and Shane Mays in Ringwood House, Somborne Drive, Havant, he did not mention walking with Louise to Emsworth skate park.

However, Mr Newton-Price tells the court that Mays only told police about walking towards Emsworth once arrested.

He adds: Why did you not mention Emsworth skate park?

Mays replies: "I wasn't asked. My wife answered all the questions."

You were trying to hide behind the fact that Chazlynn [his wife and Louise's aunt CJ] is a dominant personality. You were trying to use her as the reason why you did not tell police. The police had been to your flat on May 9, 12 and twice on May 13 and when you were arrested it was the first time you said you had taken her to the skate park.

Mays replies to the prosecutor: "that is what I thought I had done."

14:51JAMIE PHILLIPS
Defendant told police 'old tosh', court hears
Mr Newton-Price QC accuses Shane Mays of telling police "a load of old tosh".

You told police a load of old tosh. You told police lies to put them off the trail of Louise's body, do you agree?

Mays disagrees.

(Mr Newton-Price QC doing a great job)

8 minutes ago
Mays threw a ‘pack of lies’ at police
The prosecution is accusing Mays of consistently lying to police.

Initially, he told them that he saw Louise walk east down Billy Lawn Way, but later told them he walked her to Emsworth Skate Park - which is what he told his mother, his wife CJ and Louise’s boyfriend.

Mr Newton-Price QC said: ‘You were telling police a pack of lies, to put them off the trail of finding Louise.’

15:10JAMIE PHILLIPS
Prosecutor accuses Mays of 'making story up as he goes along'
Shane Mays told police that, in order to use her phone, Louise required internet connection. Therefore, she would have been unable to send a message while out of range from such connection.

However, Mays also told police that, during the walk, it appeared Louise was messaging someone.

Was this another false memory? Or is it the case that you are just making it up as you go along? Or is it the case that you are changing the story every day like you are doing in this trial?

Mays says it may have been a false memory, but denies changing his story.

The prosecution has been going through Mays’ account of events, although there are things he cannot remember, or forgot at the time Louise went missing.

He told police that ‘a lot of her friends are secretive,’ and that they would lie for her.

Newton-Price said: ‘And you are lying to yourself. You were lying to your wife; you couldn’t possibly tell her that you killed Louise, so you lied to her.'

‘I did not kill Louise,’ Mays replied.

However, Mr Newton-Price tells the court that Mays only told police about walking towards Emsworth once arrested.
He adds: Why did you not mention Emsworth skate park?
Mays replies: "I wasn't asked. My wife answered all the questions."

The question is - why didn't Cj provide the information ? SMs own testimony says he told Cj on May 8 that he had taken Louise to Emsworth.

I think she already knew exactly what had happened. ( MOO of course )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoodVibess24
Back