UK - Major incident, gunshots heard, Plymouth, 12 August 2021

Any information on when Davison was born?

Plymouth mass shooter Jake Davison had been reported to the Government's counter-terrorism Prevent programme by his own mother months before he applied for a shotgun licence, an inquest heard.

The 22-year-old spree killer's mother, Maxine, 51, had contacted the multi-agency scheme, which aims to stop people becoming terrorists, in November 2016 with concerns about her son.

Details of the referral were not disclosed during a pre-inquest hearing at Plymouth Coroner's Court but will be a key area of examination in the inquest which will begin in January next year.

As part of the investigation, two members of staff in the firearms licensing department involved in the granting of the shotgun certificate have been served with gross misconduct notices, while an officer has been served with a misconduct notice.

(it’s long & paywall so I can’t post much)
Plymouth shooter Jake Davison was referred to Prevent programme 'by his own mother'
I've been meaning to comment on this case for a while but never seem to have got the chance until now.

I've had shotgun and firearm certificates for well over thirty years. I'm a registered firearms dealer and operate two home office approved shooting clubs.

When I first heard of this it utterly staggered me that this guy had any access to firearms in any capacity, let alone had been granted a shotgun certificate. The responsibility for the deaths he caused stands squarely with the police who not only issued that certificate but gave him it back, along with the firearm, knowing full well that he had a propensity to spontaneous, serious violence.

The attack he carried out on the kid in the skate park was extremely violent and totally and utterly unwarranted. In my force area, Northumbria, there would be less than zero chance of him ever getting it back and, given that he'd been referred to Prevent by his own mother prior to it being granted, would have been exceptionally unlikely to even have it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back