GUILTY UK - Maria Rawlings, 45, murdered, Romford, Essex, 3 May 2021 *arrest*

A/c Essex Police, Maria attended Accident & Emergency. If she left at 22.40, highly likely she'd been there over four hours, at least. It's not obvious why she was at A&E, not from public info.

This is a photo of her leaving A&E. She was then seen "in the company of" (but doesn't say on foot) someone else further down Barley Lane at 23.15. So half an hour lapsed to go just a few metres.

Public Portal

Attachments

• 8851.jpeg
    8851.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 196
A/c Essex Police, Maria attended Accident & Emergency. If she left at 22.40, highly likely she'd been there over four hours, at least. It's not obvious why she was at A&E, not from public info.

This is a photo of her leaving A&E. She was then seen "in the company of" (but doesn't say on foot) someone else further down Barley Lane at 23.15. So half an hour lapsed to go just a few metres.

Public Portal
Perhaps she waited for a bus on Barley Lane but there weren't any? I don't know, it was bank holiday Monday and quite late. I wonder why she was visiting a hospital about 20 to 30 miles from her home.

Perhaps she waited for a bus on Barley Lane but there weren't any? I don't know, it was bank holiday Monday and quite late. I wonder why she was visiting a hospital about 20 to 30 miles from her home.

I think it's only ten miles from where Maria lived. I would have thought there'd be a closer A&E there though.

I thought she was living in Brentwood, but I could be wrong.

Maybe the hospital was on her way home from work? Maybe she had been visiting family or friends in the area and went into the nearest hospital, and was planning to make her way home from there?

Last edited:
I think it's only ten miles from where Maria lived. I would have thought there'd be a closer A&E there though.

Maybe the hospital was on her way home from work? Maybe she had been visiting family or friends in the area and went into the nearest hospital, and was planning to make her way home from there?
Chelmsford is where she lived. If she was further north east of the centre of Chelmsford, which I think she was from an article in the press last year, that's almost 27 miles from the hospital. It might not be the same person but it is the right name, age and general area of Chelmsford, but in any case Chelmsford is 21 miles from the King George hospital.

Woman to appear in court in connection with string of thefts

Chelmsford is where she lived. If she was further north east of the centre of Chelmsford, which I think she was from an article in the press last year, that's almost 27 miles from the hospital. It might not be the same person but it is the right name, age and general area of Chelmsford, but in any case Chelmsford is 21 miles from the King George hospital.

Woman to appear in court in connection with string of thefts

Maria Rawlings, 44, has been summonsed to appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court to answer five counts of theft, two counts of making off without payment and one count of assault by beating.

Could it be a revenge attack or she got in a fight with someone?

@
Splash The Fly
I understand what you are saying however I didn’t specifically say that they are linked
I am a retired Senior Investigating Officer SIO and I would have been the Detective in charge of an incident such as this along with my team of Detectives so I do have a lot of knowledge as to how this works
But you make a relevant point

I'm sorry if I insulted you or something. Linked is maybe a strong word (don't know a better one, sorry).
Its just that people really like to believe its a special case (this case serial killer), but it mostly isn't. I didn't knew you where a detective (I'm new here and I'm sometimes daft, so I didn't see your desc.).

If you want, I'll delete (if you can on this site) my previous comment. Again, I'm really sorry, I never wanted to insult (if you are. I do get it if you are, though) or hurt people.

I'm a student of applied psychology in Belgium and we learn that some people easily get tunnel vision and I guess that's what I wanted to say.

Anyway, have a nice day miss! I really admire it that retired detectives still put their time in websleuthing and stuff like this.

Last edited:

Okay, maybe a far (very far) fetch, but maybe she was there because the other hospitals are closed/full because of Corona (and is that the reason why she was there)? I'm not known in that area (I've only traveled to London, so yeah...) and I don't know what the situation is there.

I'm sorry if I insulted you or something. Linked is maybe a strong word (don't know a better one, sorry).
Its just that people really like to believe its a special case (this case serial killer), but it mostly isn't. I didn't knew you where a detective (I'm new here and I'm sometimes daft, so I didn't see your desc.).

If you want, I'll delete (if you can on this site) my previous comment. Again, I'm really sorry, I never wanted to insult (if you are. I do get it if you are, though) or hurt people.

I'm a student of applied psychology in Belgium and we learn that some people easily get tunnel vision and I guess that's what I wanted to say.

Anyway, have a nice day miss! I really admire it that retired detectives still put their time in websleuthing and stuff like this.

Your post was great. That's all we can do is share ideas and put forward our thoughts for consideration.

If you study applied psychology, that is very useful! We don't seem to have nearly enough people to bring thoughts from that angle who have really studied it, and especially in regards to criminal psychology.

I hope you will keep posting :)

Okay, maybe a far (very far) fetch, but maybe she was there because the other hospitals are closed/full because of Corona (and is that the reason why she was there)? I'm not known in that area (I've only traveled to London, so yeah...) and I don't know what the situation is there.

I think it's a fairly densely populated area (though not as much as closer in to London) and I'd think there'd be closer A&E departments open.

My local hospital (not near London) closed their Minor Injuries Unit due to Covid, so that is definitely happening at some hospitals.

For me the issue is more "Who did Maria run into" than "why was she at that particular hospital".

Your post was great. That's all we can do is share ideas and put forward our thoughts for consideration.

If you study applied psychology, that is very useful! We don't seem to have nearly enough people to bring thoughts from that angle who have really studied it, and especially in regards to criminal psychology.

I hope you will keep posting :)

Yeah, of course I'll keep on posting (every little thing can help)! ;) Thanks! :D

Last edited:
The hospital to Little Heath is more than a few metres. Plus the walk from the exit of the building to the main road would take a good 5 to 7 minutes in itself.

There are definitely closer hospitals in Chelmsford.

I didn't think about how long it might take to walk from the exit of the unit to the road. Maybe Maria smokes and stood for a cigarette once she'd got off the hospital grounds? Maybe someone came up and asked if they could cadge a ciggy from her and then started walking with her and she couldn't shake them off? Or maybe she thought they were being friendly :(

I think it's a fairly densely populated area (though not as much as closer in to London) and I'd think there'd be closer A&E departments open.

My local hospital (not near London) closed their Minor Injuries Unit due to Covid, so that is definitely happening at some hospitals.

For me the issue is more "Who did Maria run into" than "why was she at that particular hospital".
True, true. Thanks for the info! :D

If you were taken ill or injured you'd go to the A&E nearest to your current location. Just because she wasn't living locally as far as we know, there's no reason why she couldn't go there, so I don't think there's necessarily anything very mysterious to that.

I agree whoever she ran into is the germane thing.

I didn't think about how long it might take to walk from the exit of the unit to the road. Maybe Maria smokes and stood for a cigarette once she'd got off the hospital grounds? Maybe someone came up and asked if they could cadge a ciggy from her and then started walking with her and she couldn't shake them off? Or maybe she thought they were being friendly :(

@Amonet

Hmmm, could be, good theory!

Last edited:
I've found the place where she was probably heading to (I think). Definitely a hunch and maybe nice to have a bit more info. I don't know what this site does, but says something with ER (I know that its a hospital term for emergency room). I really don't even know IF its the same lady (only name checks out).

https://www.192.com/atoz/people/rawlings/maria/rm6/571937765/

I really hope that I helped answering some questions. :)

It's a record of her being on the Electoral Roll (voting register) at that (incomplete) address in 2002.

Not at all, you didn’t insult me, I just wanted you to know that I am aware more than perhaps you realised that’s all . I’m sorry if it came across otherwise.
Interestingly, I am starting a degree in psychology in September as I have always had an interest in it and I was medically retired from the Police after a workplace accident left me temporarily paralysed albeit I am able to walk now but I have limitations and spinal pain constantly and still having surgery some 13 years later! So I am still relatively young (51) and have time on my hands now that my twins are older . Thank you for your kind words.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back