UK UK - Mark Garvey, 15, Bootle, Merseyside, 2 March 1987

Mark's sister Rose, who was born several years after his disappearance, previously told the ECHO how she promised her dad she would never stop looking for "their Mark".

Rose said she "knows" her older brother is still out there. She added: "I know he's out there because he was so smart and clever and I can just feel it - I know it. I like to believe he's got a great family and I've got nieces and nephews out there.

"I like to think he's married and got a good job. I like to think he has a nice home and he's doing well. I don't think anything negative about him, I just think positive and I know I’m going to bring him home - he’s going to come home one day and when he does I'll give him the biggest hug and I won't let go. I will never stop looking for him because I know he's out there - I know he is."

Anyone who knows of Mark’s whereabouts or has any other information is asked to DM @MerPolCC or call 101. Sightings can also be reported via our online form: https://www.merseyside.police.uk/ro/report/mp/v2/report-sighting-of-missing-person-form/.

My guess is that it was probably suicide. Some truly awful statistics about young lads committing suicide. Also a very high rate of lads getting into trouble in water, whether it's rivers or lakes. I wonder if there were any near where he disappeared. I may be getting mixed up, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Mark had also been feeling very down in the weeks leading up to his his appearance.

My guess is in this case that it's very possibly suicide. Some awful statistics about young lads taking their own lives. I may have mis remembered but I'm sure I heard on a podcast that Mark had been feeling very down in the weeks leading up to his disaopeaenace. There are also some awful stats about lads getting into real trouble in water, whether it's lakes, rivers or canals. I wonder if there were any near where he disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back