GUILTY UK - Mee Kuen "Deborah" Chong, 67, Wembley, London, decapitated in woods, Salcombe, Jun 2021 *arrest

So it does. Perhaps the paper got it wrong then. Wouldn't be a first.

FB is extremely unreliable for such info. Could be multiple profiles. Could be intentionally wrong. Could have been never updated.

Also, some things are "trendy." Like in the earliest days of FB (2006-2008), a lot of my female friends would put their status as "married to [female BFF]" and nobody would blink an eye. (We were young adults, fresh out of high school, attending college.)

If police are still describing this as an 'unexplained death', do we think that means the head was removed from the body post mortem? Because otherwise it would fairly obviously explain her death, right? Or do they just mean the circumstances surrounding her death are unknown/not understood at present?

I guess what I'm asking is whether by speaking of 'unexplained death' they are being precise or vague.

Also, where on earth is the head?? :eek:

If you were local you'd be worrying about finding it in your wheelie bin or hidden in your front hedge. The dog walkers of Salcombe must barely be able to brave going out. (Or perhaps are going out twice as often, depending on temperament.)

I keep checking the news to see if it's turned up, but nothing yet.

JMO

If police are still describing this as an 'unexplained death', do we think that means the head was removed from the body post mortem? Because otherwise it would fairly obviously explain her death, right? Or do they just mean the circumstances surrounding her death are unknown/not understood at present?

I guess what I'm asking is whether by speaking of 'unexplained death' they are being precise or vague.

Also, where on earth is the head?? :eek:

If you were local you'd be worrying about finding it in your wheelie bin or hidden in your front hedge. The dog walkers of Salcombe must barely be able to brave going out. (Or perhaps are going out twice as often, depending on temperament.)

I keep checking the news to see if it's turned up, but nothing yet.

JMO

I don't know, but I feel sorry for whoever finds it.

An Asian anti-race hate campaign group believes the death of 67-year-old Mee Kuen Chong, whose headless body was found in woods in Devon, may have been racially motivated.

[...] She has been described as 'vulnerable' by those who knew her.

There has been no new police statement today but police have released a new picture of Mrs Chong and are continuing to appeal for information. They especially want to hear from anybody in the tourist trade who may have seen her in the fortnight before the body was found.

[...]

"If anyone has any information which could assist the enquiry, please email 101@dc.police.uk or telephone 101, quoting reference number 0700 of Sunday 27 June."

New image of woman found dead in woods

An Asian anti-race hate campaign group believes the death of 67-year-old Mee Kuen Chong, whose headless body was found in woods in Devon, may have been racially motivated.

Devon and Cornwall Police are still treating the death as "unexplained" and told DevonLive today: "The death is being treated as unexplained and we are and will keep an open mind to the circumstances that led to the discovery of the body."

Mrs Chong from Wembley had disappeared on June 10 and her body was found in Salcombe, near picturesque North Sands Cove at around 5pm, on Sunday June 27 in woods off Bennett Road. Police believe the body may have been there for some days.

Mrs Chong was originally had been living in the Wembley area of London since 2004. She has been described as 'vulnerable' by those who knew her.

She was last seen in London on Thursday, June 10 and reported missing to the Metropolitan Police on Friday 11 June.

0_chong5.png

Now the Asian community is asking why her disappearance wasn't more widely reported and say they believe there may be a racial element to her death.

There has been no new police statement today but police have released a new picture of Mrs Chong and are continuing to appeal for information. They especially want to hear from anybody in the tourist trade who may have seen her in the fortnight before the body was found.

Hau-Yu Tam, the chair of a campaign group against hate crime towards East and South-East Asians, had been fighting to publicise Mee Chong's disappearance and set up a ' Help Bring Mee Kuen Home'.

She said: "I was just putting out Tweets around my networks because I noticed there was not much attention about Mee Kuen's disappearance.

"I wish it could have been more and we could have got a different outcome.

"There are questions to answer about why there wasn't more rallying around and sharing after her disappearance that the London East and South East Asian community want answered."

New image of woman found dead in woods

Tributes have today been paid to a churchgoing pensioner whose decapitated body was found more than 200 miles from her London home.

Police, who are treating the death as 'unexplained', say Ms Chong's body was found without her head.

Officers believe her body had been there for 'some days', before it was discovered by a passing dog-walker.

Today Devon and Cornwall Police refused to give any more details about the investigation - including whether or not Ms Chong's head had been recovered.

Meanwhile, detectives in London were today seen leaving the pensioner's semi-detached home in Wembley, where she was last seen on June 10.

Neighbours say Ms Chong, who was originally from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia but had lived in the Wembley area since 2004, shared the two-storey home with a lodger.

Ms Chong, was a member of a congregation at Emmanuel Centre church in Edgeware, north London and regularly attended the place of worship in Manor Park Crescent.

Above the door of the property, in a quiet residential street, two religious crosses are carved into stones along with the words 'Agape selfless love for all.'

One local resident, who did not want to be identified, said: 'We knew her well, as you would any neighbour. She's a member of a church, very religious.

'She would come round for tea, have a chat, she was regularly in conversation with my wife. We were shocked to find out she was dead.'

The man described Ms Chong as 'eccentric', 'but pleasant'. He also said Ms Chong had difficulty walking.

He added: 'She's never gone missing before. She doesn't go away at all. You wonder how someone who was struggling to walk managed to get down to Devon.

'Finding out about the manner in which she was found is scary, not knowing whether that happened here or there or what.'

'I understand the police have to keep things quiet, but to not know what happened to a neighbour is scary.'

Beryl Creary, 87, another neighbour, said: ''We just talked and would say "hello".

'She was a church fanatic. She did singing in her house. She had lived here for quite a while; it was about 20 years. I have lived here for about 40 years. I don't know is she had any family or anything.'

She added: 'She was quite pleasant; she would call you when she was walking by and stop to talk. She wasn't one of those selfish people.

'She didn't look like the sort of person who would get into things. We're living in a funny world, aren't we? How sad.'

44920813-9745797-image-a-84_1625153352860.jpg

Mee Kuen Chong: Tributes to churchgoing pensioner, 67, found 200 miles from London home | Daily Mail Online

I'm not exactly suggesting it's relevant, but when you look at her fb page, every post is an expression of an extremely evangelical Christian faith. In that context, decapitation is making me wonder about a ritual (e.g. Satanic) or religious (i.e. anti-Christian) killing.

Or am I putting two and two together and making 5?

JMO

If you tie it with the thinking DC was doing on her own page about John the Baptist, could someone have chosen this method to prevent DC from being able to be resurrected after the Tribulation? Kind of like "you're not just going to die in this life, but I'm going to prevent you being resurrected in the next". For a person who's living for that resurrection, this would be real cruelty to do something to them that you think will prevent that from happening.

If you tie it with the thinking DC was doing on her own page about John the Baptist, could someone have chosen this method to prevent DC from being able to be resurrected after the Tribulation? Kind of like "you're not just going to die in this life, but I'm going to prevent you being resurrected in the next". For a person who's living for that resurrection, this would be real cruelty to do something to them that you think will prevent that from happening.

Excuse my ignorance, why would decapitating her prevent resurrection, according to her thinking? I could benefit from a quick theology lesson! I did look at her page but seem to have missed that.

Excuse my ignorance, why would decapitating her prevent resurrection, according to her thinking? I could benefit from a quick theology lesson! I did look at her page but seem to have missed that.

I'm not getting it from any theology that I'm aware of, just from the post on DC's page that Legally Bland has quoted just now.

I just thought that if she, DC is asking a question like that, maybe someone else who she is friends with who has similar beliefs might also be thinking along those lines.

Yeah, but why would John the Baptist being (physically) beheaded in life prevent him from rising (spiritually) from the dead? Sorry, I feel like I'm sounding obtuse but I'm just trying to understand the belief system here. Is it a Christian thing that bodies are supposed to be intact at the time of death for resurrection to be possible? (Sorry, I realise my ignorance is showing. I hope I'm not offending anyone.)

Hmmm bit of a strange case with the police being tight lipped about theories and leads. Mabe there is info being kept quiet as the Asian anti hate group are saying its racially motivated. The group can just be saying that to drum up publicity but it does not help the police if it's not a hate crime. I got a feeling it was someone she knew. Mabe someone used her vulnerable nature to get close to her. JMO

Yeah, but why would John the Baptist being (physically) beheaded in life prevent him from rising (spiritually) from the dead? Sorry, I feel like I'm sounding obtuse but I'm just trying to understand the belief system here. Is it a Christian thing that bodies are supposed to be intact at the time of death for resurrection to be possible? (Sorry, I realise my ignorance is showing. I hope I'm not offending anyone.)

To my knowledge it's not a mainstream Christian belief. It's just a question that DC was asking on her FB page.

Maybe there's something out there to explain it, but we can only conjecture really. I would guess it's related to the severing of the brain from the heart. I wouldn't be looking into the mainstream beliefs or theology for any explanation of why this question came up for her. I just wonder if it's something that maybe a small group of people, including DC, were talking about as they explored their own beliefs

To my knowledge it's not a mainstream Christian belief. It's just a question that DC was asking on her FB page.

Maybe there's something out there to explain it, but we can only conjecture really. I would guess it's related to the severing of the brain from the heart. I wouldn't be looking into the mainstream beliefs or theology for any explanation of why this question came up for her. I just wonder if it's something that maybe a small group of people, including DC, were talking about as they explored their own beliefs

Ah, thanks @Amonet, that makes sense. I thought it was just me not getting it!

Few things below are highlighted by me for relevance answering some question raised here previously
===
Tributes to churchgoing pensioner, 67, whose decapitated corpse was found 200 miles from her London home - as police probe 'unexplained' death

44873697-9745797-The_police_investigation_will_switch_to_her_London_home_220_mile-a-36_1625148383695.jpg
44910769-9745797-Ms_Chong_s_disappearance_prompted_a_social_media_response_from_p-a-68_1625153255356.jpg

Tributes have today been paid to a churchgoing pensioner whose decapitated body was found more than 200 miles from her London home.
---
Officers believe her body had been there for 'some days', before it was discovered by a passing dog-walker.
---
Meanwhile, detectives in London were today seen leaving the pensioner's semi-detached home in Wembley, where she was last seen on June 10.

Neighbours say Ms Chong, who was originally from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia but had lived in the Wembley area since 2004, shared the two-storey home with a lodger.

Ms Chong, was a member of a congregation at Emmanuel Centre church in Edgeware, north London and regularly attended the place of worship in Manor Park Crescent.

Above the door of the property, in a quiet residential street, two religious crosses are carved into stones along with the words 'Agape selfless love for all.'
---
The man described Ms Chong as 'eccentric', 'but pleasant'. He also said Ms Chong had difficulty walking.

He added: 'She's never gone missing before. She doesn't go away at all. You wonder how someone who was struggling to walk managed to get down to Devon.
---
'She was a church fanatic. She did singing in her house. She had lived here for quite a while; it was about 20 years. I have lived here for about 40 years. I don't know is she had any family or anything.'
---
Homeowner Chris Allen, 55, who lets out his house on Devon Road to holidaymakers, described the incident as 'macabre', and said there was 'a weird feeling' among people on the street.

'This area is very popular with holidaymakers - we're actually letting out our house next week. So there is definitely a weird feeling about it all.

'Police have asked us if we have seen or heard anything suspicious over the last couple of weeks - which implies the body might have been there for a while.

'But if that's the case, it seems strange that it wasn't found sooner - there are so many dog walkers that walk through there every day.'

Mr Allen added: 'We're not even sure who it was that found the body.

'I have spoken to a few people who actually live around here, but you must get around 30 or 40 dog walkers going through that part of the woodland every morning.'

44916457-9745797-image-a-35_1625148336738.jpg

Mee Kuen Chong: Tributes to churchgoing pensioner, 67, found 200 miles from London home | Daily Mail Online

I am quite shaken that she was from Malaysian community. I know quite a few Malaysian people in London, even of Malaysian/Chinese descent as she was.

They are very traditional but also very social among their own tight knit community. Due to this I would lean on that her lodger would be from the same community as her. Majority of Malaysians I met are of Muslim faith but I met some Christians too.

Have we established what faith she practiced? Not that it has to do with anything, I am just curious.

I like others here do not think this was hate crime, but rather someone closer to her home. Distance person/s took to move her body to prevent or delay her identification speaks volumes.

Maybe tensions at home due to Covid isolations, or inability of someone paying rent due to furlough or being laid off or somewhat less likely someone from her church circle.

Whoever it was, at this point in my humble opinion I do lean on it might be someone from her East-Asian community.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77
Back