GUILTY UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police spokeswoman is giving the impression that Mikaeel has wandered off and asking members of the public to look in their gardens etc but it seems unlikely that he left the building alone, I wonder why they are not setting up search parties via the public if they think he might be seeking shelter? Something is very odd about this and I have a horrible gut feeling.

I think the public hasn't waited to be asked to set up search parties - they've gone out already. Police would have trouble stopping them, I suspect. :)

But you are right that there is something very wrong. If little one just wandered out of his apartment, it would be a big coincidence he met someone in the hallway who was willing to let him outside.

So that kind of leaves someone sneaking into the apartment and stealing him without being heard or.......

Could Police be giving the impression that they think he's wandered off? Maybe someone has taken him and Police don't want them to know they're on to them. The person may then think it's ok to go to a ferry port or go into hiding? I don't know I just want him to be safe.

I just changed the name spelling for you guys... how scary this is. I hope the other children have been interviewed.. surly some of them would be in the same bedroom as Mikaeel?

I just changed the name spelling for you guys... how scary this is. I hope the other children have been interviewed.. surly some of them would be in the same bedroom as Mikaeel?

Unfortunately, while they may have been in the same room, it is quite possible that they did not hear anything. I have a 5yo & a 6yo and it is extremely rare for one to wake the other. My son has slept through his sister vomiting from the top bunk down onto him and his bed, being cleaned up and bed completely changed. My daughter sleeps through her brother's night terrors that even the neighbors have mentioned hearing. It is crazy how heavy some kids can sleep.

Trying to stay optimistic here.

Not working very well. :(

I have been searching for online plans for those apartments. I am very worried there is attic space and it hasn't been searched. Does anyone recall the case of Tia Sharpe? How the tiny attic of her home was searched and searched, but they did not find her for days? And wasn't Elaina Steinfurth found in rafters too, after extensive searches?

SAR people have said it can be very difficult for scent dogs to alert on attic spaces - not least because they can't reach them unless someone thinks to lift them up there in the first place.

Thank you. Media got themselves in a complete pickle with the name early on. I told them off. Then made the same mistake myself.

I have been searching for online plans for those apartments. I am very worried there is attic space and it hasn't been searched. Does anyone recall the case of Tia Sharpe? How the tiny attic of her home was searched and searched, but they did not find her for days? And wasn't Elaina Steinfurth found in rafters too, after extensive searches?

SAR people have said it can be very difficult for scent dogs to alert on attic spaces - not least because they can't reach them unless someone thinks to lift them up there in the first place.

There appear to be a couple of different types of flats in each building. Here is a diagram for what appears to be a 2 story, 4 bedroom, possibly similar to theirs, but maybe not...

http://media.scottishhomereports.com/MediaServer/PropertyMarketing/327089/FloorPlan/fp327089.pdf

Taken from this link... http://www.espc.com/properties/details.aspx?pid=327089

Upthread, it was mentioned that they lived in a ground floor unit and pictures that have been posted, show LE in the windows of both ground floor and 2nd floors.

If he's wandered off he must be on CCTV, surely? In Glasgow and Edinburgh we seem to have CCTV everywhere - housing estates, local shops, parks etc

*deleted* :please:

Sorry I know it's rumour.. So desperate for good news.

Sky saying father hasn't been around since Miikael was born and they aren't focussing on him at the moment, believe he has "gone for a wander".

Certainly at that age one of my cousins was adept with locks and using items to reach them...[/QUOTEOT

OT, I'm sorry and don't mean to bring a chuckle to this very serious and heart breaking case, but in the US I think " gone for a wander" means ' deadbeat dad', right? It's interesting the terminology that paints his dad in a somewhat jovial and adventure seeking light vs. walked out on his kids.

Where are you little man ?

Sky saying father hasn't been around since Miikael was born and they aren't focussing on him at the moment, believe he has "gone for a wander".

Certainly at that age one of my cousins was adept with locks and using items to reach them...[/QUOTEOT

OT, I'm sorry and don't mean to bring a chuckle to this very serious and heart breaking case, but in the US I think " gone for a wander" means ' deadbeat dad', right? It's interesting the terminology that paints his dad in a somewhat jovial and adventure seeking light vs. walked out on his kids.

Where are you little man ?

I think they are meaning that they think Mikaeel has "gone for a wander." At least, that is how I initially read it, LOL.

I wonder what it was that led police to search in those specific areas away from his home at first? I'd have thought if they had cctv they would have said. Perhaps there is some link there making them feel Mikaeel would have headed out that way? His kindergarten maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus