UK - Moors murderer Ian Brady dead at 79

It's difficult to remember now how vociferously the late Lord Longford campaigned for decades for Hindley's parole, believing her to have been rehabilitated. He died in 2001, a year before Hindley herself, which probably ended any hopes she had of being paroled.
Lord Longford was somehow bewitched by Myra Hindley. I remember him once calling her an "angel" which the press rightly slaughtered him for .

Ann West, the mother of Lesley Ann Downey, said if Hindley was ever released, she would kill her. Longford said to Mrs West that she will never see her daughter again after death if she could not forgive Hindley, which I thought was cruel. Mrs West said fine, I'll go where you are going Lord Longford. Watching him over the years, he really did not seem to comprehend how vociferous the public hate was for Hindley.

my suggestion is no cremation, donate him to a bodyfarm, Keith is still laying on that moor.

And I don't appreciate the swamp dwellers of the British, so called, press picking over his remains. I hope never to see his sneering physiognomy again. I would rather remember, respectfully, those beautiful children whose lives were cruelly cut so short

If he is cremated, it would be safer to ask the funeral director or an agent of the coroner to carry out the scattering of the ashes in order to ensure that anyone sympathetic, eg his solicitor, doesn't carry out a sneaky scattering up at Saddleworth.

May I suggest a flush of his ashes in a most fitting ceramic receptacle?

Brady & Hindley (& to a lesser extent Sutcliffe) coloured my childhood growing up in the North. My mother was sometimes paranoid about letting us out of her sight because of them, even though they were apprehended before my birth.

If he is cremated, it would be safer to ask the funeral director or an agent of the coroner to carry out the scattering of the ashes in order to ensure that anyone sympathetic, eg his solicitor, doesn't carry out a sneaky scattering up at Saddleworth.

There should be no scattering of ashes anywhere. I know what I'd do with them.

20 MAY 2017 - Ian Brady reportedly asked in his will for his cremated ashes to be scattered in Glasgow's River Clyde (so not at Saddleworth) and for money raised from publishing his memoirs to go to charity.
Brady asks in his will to be cremated to the sounds of Hector Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique, music which tells how a young artist dreams of killing his beloved and is condemned to death.
The killer's will - seen by the newspaper - also calls for his paintings and photos of himself to be auctioned to pay for the publication of his autobiography, entitled Black Light
Brady's body has been released to his lawyer, and the paper said he had asked to be cremated in a non-religious ceremony in his native Glasgow, with his remains to be scattered on the Clyde near the Gorbals area, where he grew up.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/moors-murderer-ian-brady-asked-10459243

20 MAY 2017 - Councils across the country are refusing to cremate the body of child killer Ian Brady.
This comes as sinister new photos emerged taken by pedophile Brady in the lead-up to his horrific crimes.

Together with his lover Myra Hindley, they chronicled each phase of their killing spree, which is revealed in a dossier of new pictures, including snaps from the back of the van the pair used to abduct at least one of their child victims.

The images, from the van’s window, reveal him photographing children at a local school in Manchester.
“Responsibility for the body has now transferred to the executor of Ian Brady’s will and Merseyside Police has no further involvement.”
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...councils-refusing-cremate-body-moors-13065225

19 May 2017 - Pictures seized by the police and released for the first time today
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4522456/Photos-taken-Ian-Brady-planned-murders.html

20 MAY 2017 - Ian Brady reportedly asked in his will for his cremated ashes to be scattered in Glasgow's River Clyde (so not at Saddleworth) and for money raised from publishing his memoirs to go to charity.
Brady asks in his will to be cremated to the sounds of Hector Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique, music which tells how a young artist dreams of killing his beloved and is condemned to death.
The killer's will - seen by the newspaper - also calls for his paintings and photos of himself to be auctioned to pay for the publication of his autobiography, entitled Black Light
Brady's body has been released to his lawyer, and the paper said he had asked to be cremated in a non-religious ceremony in his native Glasgow, with his remains to be scattered on the Clyde near the Gorbals area, where he grew up.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/moors-murderer-ian-brady-asked-10459243

20 MAY 2017 - Councils across the country are refusing to cremate the body of child killer Ian Brady.
This comes as sinister new photos emerged taken by pedophile Brady in the lead-up to his horrific crimes.

Together with his lover Myra Hindley, they chronicled each phase of their killing spree, which is revealed in a dossier of new pictures, including snaps from the back of the van the pair used to abduct at least one of their child victims.

The images, from the van’s window, reveal him photographing children at a local school in Manchester.
“Responsibility for the body has now transferred to the executor of Ian Brady’s will and Merseyside Police has no further involvement.”
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...councils-refusing-cremate-body-moors-13065225

19 May 2017 - Pictures seized by the police and released for the first time today
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4522456/Photos-taken-Ian-Brady-planned-murders.html

I'm really glad Glasgow council has said no to cremating this monster at the same place my Nanna was cremated. It is going to be a big problem finding somewhere to cremate him, as the council that does so will have a huge public backlash on their hands.

From Brady's collection of photos. Do you not think Brady took this picture of Myra Hindley, using an autotimer device of some sort. Myra, who is passed out from booze, looks as if she is bowing to him. I'm sure that is what he realized and grabbed the pic. I think it reveals some of his mind on the whole relation with her and himself.

Attachments

• myra hindley bowing to ian brady.jpg
    myra hindley bowing to ian brady.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 20

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members