UK - Naomi Hunte, 41, Woolwich, 14 Feb 2022, and Fiona Holm, 48, Bromley, missing since 20 Jun 2023 - *Murder Charges*

Tortoise

Reaction score
Carl Cooper, 65, was arrested and questioned over the fatal stabbing of Naomi Hunte, 41, in Woolwich on 18th February 2022.

However, he was bailed pending further investigations, before being released under investigation.

More than a year later, 48-year-old Fiona Holm went missing after last being seen at an off-licence in Bromley.

Both women were known to Cooper, of Broadfield Road near Hither Green in southeast London.

[...]

Cooper, [...] was charged with the murders of both women on July 13.

He will appear before Bromley Magistrate's Court on Friday, July 14.

An article from the time, of Naomi Hunte's murder -

dated 17 Feb 2022 -

1689342241718.png
Naomi Hunte
/ Facebook

Naomi Hunte, 41, was found suffering a single fatal knife injury in her own flat after neighbours heard a loud argument in Woolwich.

One woman living underneath her heard Ms Hunte scream once as a man’s voice rang out from the flat in The Willows, Congleton Grove.

Shocked neighbours said firefighters used axes to break down her door at 8.30pm on Monday.

Carl Cooper, 65, is accused of killing Naomi Hunte, 41, and Fiona Holm, 48. Mr Cooper, who knew both women, appeared at Bromley Magistrates' on Friday. [...]

The case was sent to the Old Bailey for a hearing next Tuesday.

A man has been charged with murdering two women more than a year apart, including one who disappeared from an off-licence last month.

Naomi Hunte, 41, was stabbed to death at an address in Greenwich, southeast London, on Valentine’s Day last year, while the second woman, Fiona Holm, 48, was last seen leaving a shop in Bromley on 20 June this year.

Ms Holm was reported missing on 29 June and has not been heard from since, with police saying her disappearance is out of character.

Due to the amount of time since she was last seen alive in Verdant Lane, the Metropolitan Police are now treating her disappearance as a murder investigation.

Carol Cooper, 65, was initially arrested on suspicion of Ms Hunte’s murder on 18 February 2022. He was bailed pending further inquiries before being released under investigation.

Fiona’s fb

Naomi Hunte Fb

"A construction worker accused of killing two of his past girlfriends is set to go on trial next year.

[...]

He’d been in relationships with both women at different times.

[...]

Thameside prison was unable produce Cooper in person or by video link for his first scheduled appearance at the Old Bailey today.

Judge Richard Marks KC continued the hearing in his absence, setting a plea hearing on October 3 and a four-week trial from June 4 2024 before a High Court judge.

The judge ordered arrangements should be made for the defendant to appear in court on Wednesday so he can find out what had been said about his case."

Of Ms Holm's disappearance, prosecutor Joel Smith said: 'Police spoke to the defendant and he said he had seen her the previous week and they had bought alcohol together.

‘Her family went to his address to find her and saw a van outside with clothing which they said belonged to the victim.

‘The driver said the defendant had sold him the clothing, the police were called and the defendant arrested.

i go past the house they were searching everyday and today there was even more forensic presence
for the last few weeks they’ve taken away the white tent outside the house
Do you know which house this was? As i am in contact with a man who takes drone images around Verdant Lane (5 mins from me) and i am trying to get him to go through his images from back in june, as he seems to take them almost daily, you never know what they might entail!

Do you know which house this was? As i am in contact with a man who takes drone images around Verdant Lane (5 mins from me) and i am trying to get him to go through his images from back in june, as he seems to take them almost daily, you never know what they might entail!
i’m not sure of the number but it’s broadfield road , it’s like 6 houses up from the brown hill road end

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back