UK - Nicholas Billingham, 42, body found buried in garden, Northampton, Mar 2022 *arrest*

@Tortoise, thank you for your updates on this case.

I started with sympathy for her, but nope.

I think he was not a nice guy, and her head was twisted because he was the way he was, but I think she liked it the drama and the romance of it. "He had a baby with her, but he came back to me." Like she was living in an episode of a bad soap opera.

Their "Love Story", writ large. Next story arc: prison. Because she dared to love.

MOO

From: Moment teacher who killed boyfriend 'buys compost before burying body'

Childhood friend Anil Patel told the court how - before the incident - the victim had said that 'everything was going ok' at home and that he didn't spot anything negative.

Mr Patel claimed to have known Mr Billingham for about 35 years and described him as 'quite flirty'.

'Nick was quite flirty, he usually got on with everyone whether it was female or male,' he told the court.

'Nick would have a flirty joke and I've never seen anything go any further than that.

'I knew that Nick had had affairs in the past. The latest one I knew was with a girl named Andrea.

'He decided it wasn't the relationship for him so he went back to Fiona.'

Mr Patel said that he had visited the couple's Northampton home 'two or three times' and believed they shared a 'typical relationship that had the usual qualms along the way.'

He told the court: 'They were doing ok. I don't think they were overly close, I don't think that they did lots of stuff together.

'Andrea became pregnant and as far as I know Nick wasn't happy about it and didn't want to participate in the baby.

(…)

Mr Patel added: 'I was trying to get in touch with him, right at the very beginning of November.

'I kept calling Nick through WhatsApp, through text, any which way I could. I got a little bit concerned and asked my partner to get in touch with Fiona.

'The reply was along the lines of 'Nick has ran off with another woman and left us'. I was a little bit surprised but it had happened in the past.

'The last time I spoke to him before he said everything was going okay and he didn't say that anything negative was going on.'

Beal responded, “Nick has run off with another woman and left us.”

Perhaps there is a child after all, but reporting restrictions prevent her being mentioned.
I thought that the other day - I'm sure in some list she mentioned not being around to be a grandparent was a worry of hers which is odd when they hadn't mentioned a child

*edited to add link

In her notebooks, Beal also left messages for family members, apologising to them and listing regrets about the things she is going to miss including being a teacher and having grandchildren. She also talked about different ways she tried to take her own life after making the drive to the Cumbrian lodge on March 6, 2022.

Last edited:
If he was so dominant and manipulative it seems odd that he’d wear an eye mask IMO.

I'm guessing she suggested a sex session with light bondage- she would tie him up and blindfold him. That would make him vulnerable to her attack. If he was a controlling and abusive man, I'm sure he would never suspect his useless wife would have it in her to turn the tables. JMO

Last edited:

A lot of context has been provided by witnesses, painting a clearer picture of F’s and N’s relationship

Similar content here Teacher took bedroom selfies while 'murdered' boyfriend lay buried in the garden

View attachment 410335
View attachment 410336
wonder what that's all about, perhaps photos for a dating app?

I've been thinking about them buying that house and whether she could afford to make the mortgage payments without him. She couldn't really sell it with a body in the garden. Maybe that's when she realised she couldn't continue to get away with it.

wonder what that's all about, perhaps photos for a dating app?

I've been thinking about them buying that house and whether she could afford to make the mortgage payments without him. She couldn't really sell it with a body in the garden. Maybe that's when she realised she couldn't continue to get away with it.
Yes I wondered what the relevance of the selfish was - it's not like she's doing big smiles in the back garden. She looks thoroughly miserable

Great point about mortgage, although I wonder if hers was the steady income. He sounds like he changed jobs regularly and seemingly liked to gsmble

Yes I wondered what the relevance of the selfish was - it's not like she's doing big smiles in the back garden. She looks thoroughly miserable

Great point about mortgage, although I wonder if hers was the steady income. He sounds like he changed jobs regularly and seemingly liked to gamble

On balance, having looked at the figures and based as you say, on FB being in a steady job, I think the mortgage payments would have been fine for her on her own. Unless she had high expenses that we know nothing about.

Good luck with ever wanting to sell it though :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back