Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillDiggin

Reaction score
#MISSING | Have you seen Nicola Bulley, who has gone missing from home in Inskip?

Nicola, 45, was last seen at around 9.15am today (Friday, January 27th) on the footpath by the river off Garstang Road in St Michael’s on Wyre.

She is described as white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair. She speaks with an Essex accent.

She was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellies. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

Immediately prior to going missing she was walking her dog, described as a brown-coloured Spaniel. Although the dog has since been found close to where we believe Nicola was last seen, we hope this might help jog the memory of anybody who saw her at around the same time and who may have information about where she was going.

An urgent appeal has been issued to find a Fylde woman who was last seen on a river footpath shortly after walking her dog.

Nicola Bulley, 45, from Inskip, was last seen at about 9.15am yesterday morning (January 27). She was spotted on the footpath by the river off Garstang Road in St Michael’s on Wyre.

[...]

UPDATE | We are continuing to appeal for information about missing Nicola Bulley, 45, from Inskip.

Nicola was last seen on Friday morning (January 27th) at around 9.15am on the footpath by the river off Garstang Road in St Michael’s on Wyre.

An investigation has been launched into her whereabouts and a significant, resource-intensive search in the area has been ongoing ever since, with drones, search dogs and other resources being utilised.

Our thanks to those continuing to support the police with the search, from Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service utilising their staff and drone capability, Bowland Pennine Mountain Rescue team and the North West Underwater Search Team. This search will continue today and in to next week.

We are also supporting Nicola’s family and remain in close contact with them.

We are keeping an open mind about where Nicola may be and a team of detectives are also investigating the circumstances around her disappearance and are following a number of lines of enquiry.

We continue to ask for information about Nicola’s disappearance.

She is described as white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair. She speaks with an Essex accent.

Nicola was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellies. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

Immediately prior to going missing Nicola was walking her dog, described as a brown-coloured Spaniel. Although the dog has since been found close to where Nicola was last seen, we hope this might help jog the memory of anybody who saw her at around the same time and who may have information relating to her whereabouts.

As well as Inskip and St Michael’s, Nicola also has links to Thornton Cleveleys.

Anybody who has seen Nicola, or has information about where she might be, is asked to call 101, quoting log 473 of January 27th. For immediate sightings please call 999.

We have also become aware that a large number of people from the local community have organised a search of the area and we would urge them to stay safe. The river and its banks are extremely dangerous and searching these areas presents a genuine risk to the public.

Nicola Bulley, 45, was last seen on Friday morning at 9.15am on a footpath in the town of Wyre, Lancashire. Extensive searches for her have been taking place over the weekend. Police dive teams, fire service drones, search dogs, helicopters and mountain rescue volunteers have all been deployed to the area. It has been more than 48-hours since Ms Bulley's last sighting and police are continuing to appeal for anyone with information. Police say they are 'keeping an open mind about where Ms Bulley may be' and a team of detectives are also investigating the circumstances surrounding her disappearance and 'following a number of lines of enquiry'.

A DESPERATE manhunt is underway tonight after a dogwalker vanished without a trace on a river path.

Nicola Bulley, 45, was last seen on a footpath in St Michael's on Wyre, Lancashire, at around 9.15am on Friday.

[...]

The 45-year-old vanished after walking along a river path in St Michael's on Wyre, Lancashire
The 45-year-old vanished after walking along a river path in St Michael's on Wyre, LancashireCredit: Dave Nelson

Despite an extensive hunt all weekend, only her dog, described as a brown-coloured Spaniel, has been found.

The animal was discovered close to where it is believed Nicola was last seen off Garstang Road.
[...]

Police dive teams, drones, search dogs, helicopters and mountain rescue volunteers have all been deployed as part of the search.

But cops hope her brown spaniel may jog the memory of anyone in the area at the time of Nicola's disappearance.

Police say they are "keeping an open mind about where Ms Bulley may be" but stressed they are "extremely concerned about her"
[...]

Unless she's pulled a full Agatha Christie style vanishing or been kidnapped, I fear she's dead. The dog would have been found by now if she slipped and fell down a ditch.

My guess is the dog went for a swim, got in trouble and she tried to save it. I don't know about her exact location but parts of the River Wyre are treacherous and fast flowing.

It wouldn't be the first drowning in that river, or even the first drowning going after a dog. If that is the case, they'll find them on a bend somewhere near Rattan Row or where it widens around Hambleton, though if it's rough enough a body could get right to the sea. Hope I'm wrong on this one.

Last edited:
Unless she's pulled a full Agatha Christie style vanishing or been kidnapped, I fear she's dead. The dog would have been found by now if she slipped and fell down a ditch.

My guess is the dog went for a swim, got in trouble and she tried to save it. I don't know about her exact location but parts of the River Wyre are treacherous and fast flowing.

It wouldn't be the first drowning in that river, or even the first drowning going after a dog. If that is the case, they'll find them on a bend somewhere near Rattan Row or where it widens around Hambleton, though if it's rough enough a body could get right to the sea. Hope I'm wrong on this one.
Read MSM links above. Her dog was found close to where she was last seen.

1675043629949.png

1675043422731.png

1675043548942.png
Dog walkers searching in the village of St Michael's-on-Wyre after Lancashire Police asked for help in finding Nicola Bulley

Going missing next to a stretch of water unfortunately leads to one obvious conclusion, in light of the fact that she has not been seen for so long now.

I’m fearing the worst on this one, because I don’t think any dog lover would abandon their dog willingly.

No mention of her mobile phone. Not many people go out dog walking alone and leave the phone in the house. Usually these types of cases and associated articles always mention it. Even if to clarify the missing person in question wasn’t carrying one at the time.

If she went in the water after seeing her dog get into difficulty and poor lady not made it out, her dog has been very lucky to manage to get out alone.

I note no intimation of foul play being a possibility.

I hope she is found soon.

Last edited:
Just saw this on MSM. If they believed she went in the water after the dog? Would the dog not have been found wet?

With the police appealing the way they are, they may think it’s a possibility she’s hasn’t accidentally fallen in the water.

A major search is under way to find a 45-year-old woman from Inskip, Lancashire, who vanished while walking her dog.

Nicola Bulley was last seen two days ago - on Friday 27 January - at around 9.15am on a footpath by the River Wyre off Garstang Road in the village of St Michael's on Wyre.

Emergency crews including Lancashire Police, Lancashire Fire and Rescue, Bowland Pennine Mountain Rescue team and the North West Underwater Search Team have joined the search.

Police dive teams, fire service drones, search dogs, helicopters and mountain rescue volunteers have been sent to the area.

Just saw this on MSM. If they believed she went in the water after the dog? Would the dog not have been found wet?

With the police appealing the way they are, they may think it’s a possibility she’s hasn’t accidentally fallen in the water.
Depends how long it took for someone to find the dog I suppose.

It's pretty common for people to drown saving a pet that turns out to be just fine.

The police haven't found a body, so even if they're pretty sure she went into the water (and considering the money they're spending on search efforts I'd say they are,) they can't exactly be like - "Welp, she likely drowned, string some nets downstream and call it a day."

They're obliged to keep making appeals to her/the public and searching land and water until they find some sort of evidence either way. Or have spent a decent time looking. It would be a bit awkward if they did give up a land search only to find she has fallen down a ditch.

Last edited:

Having 2 spaniels myself, all of who love water, and are ridiculously good swimmers, its hard to believe that the dog would have got stuck or in difficulty and she would have gone in after the dog. I fear foul play of some description

Having 2 spaniels myself, all of who love water, and are ridiculously good swimmers, its hard to believe that the dog would have got stuck or in difficulty and she would have gone in after the dog. I fear foul play of some description
I lean towards foul play too unfortunately. I don't think she went in after her dog and it seems unlikely she just fell in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member