Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillDiggin

Reaction score
#MISSING | Have you seen Nicola Bulley, who has gone missing from home in Inskip?

Nicola, 45, was last seen at around 9.15am today (Friday, January 27th) on the footpath by the river off Garstang Road in St Michael’s on Wyre.

She is described as white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair. She speaks with an Essex accent.

She was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellies. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

Immediately prior to going missing she was walking her dog, described as a brown-coloured Spaniel. Although the dog has since been found close to where we believe Nicola was last seen, we hope this might help jog the memory of anybody who saw her at around the same time and who may have information about where she was going.
Lancashire Police

Nicola Jane Bulley FB page
Nikki Bulley - Mortgage Adviser - FB page
Nikki Bulley - Strava Runner Profile page

Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION* THREAD

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9

3 Feb 2023

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here.

All members are expected to familiarize themselves with Websleuths rules found here, and also linked in my signature.

We aren't going to reinvent the wheel by repeat posting of all the rules, reminders, the Dos and Don'ts.

Additionally, links to and discussion of fundraising is not allowed unless it is a fundraiser run by close friends or family AND even then, the only thing allowed is a possible snippet of a previously unknown fact regarding the specifics of the case itself (i.e. wearing black sneakers, or ??). The actual $ figures and how it is progressing or not are off limits.

Nicola Bulley's missing two hours: Detectives probe mystery gap between mother's disappearance and first call to police - as three key CCTV blind-spots are identified where she vanished

Detectives are probing a
two-hour gap between Nicola Bulley's disappearance and the first call to police to report her missing - as three key CCTV blindspots are identified.

During the initial sweep of the river and banks, Wouldn’t it have been an idea to initially float up and down the river/area with NBs phone trying to resync to the Fitbit hoping that it would be within range at some point?
Being an old git whose own phone belongs in the Science Museum, I don't know much about today's gadgets but I do know the police did a careful forensic analysis of Nicola's phone & FitBit (in an attempt to access the FitBit - it's actually missing) and I'm sure they would have considered your idea. We're not always party to what they may or may have done though.

Last edited:
Officers issued a 48-hour dispersal order amid reports that groups were filming videos outside homes in the missing mum’s village.

Cops looking for Nicola Bulley have been forced to remove amateur detectives causing havoc in the area
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “We hope that this will give people some reassurance that we will not tolerate criminality, including trespass and criminal damage.

“We are also aware of a number of grossly offensive comments being made on social media and elsewhere.

“We are looking into these and will not hesitate to take action where appropriate.”

Feb 9, 2023

"Police forces don't really work well with outsiders, they don't work well together."

Former Detective Chief Inspector Mick Neville suggests "petty squabbling" between parts of the police, along with outside organisations, could risk hampering the search for Nicola Bulley.

Police have been given the power to break up groups causing a nuisance in the Lancashire village where Nicola Bulley vanished amid reports of people coming into St Michael’s on Wyre and filming properties for use on social media.

The dispersal order was granted as the focus of the huge search for the missing mother of two shifted towards the sea.

Lancashire Police said the order was issued on Wednesday night after reports that people had come to the village from outside the county to film.

ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths has a very tiny volunteer staff and it is impossible for us to have a Mod or Admin on 24/7.

To avoid a repeat of what has been experienced the past few days in this discussion, the thread is being closed until morning so we don't face hundreds of Reports on this case alone.

Thread is closed for the night.

Nicola Bulley's missing two hours: Detectives probe mystery gap between mother's disappearance and first call to police - as three key CCTV blind-spots are identified where she vanished

Detectives are probing a two-hour gap between Nicola Bulley's disappearance and the first call to police to report her missing - as three key CCTV blindspots are identified.

I've been questioning this gap in timings since the first few days.

It seemed very odd to me from day 1 why a clearly very strange situation, (i.e a dog running free with a lead and phone nearby) would a) not be seen by anyone else in the near 2 hour gap and b) why those who had seen the situation did not go back to help any sooner.

All very strange and I feel the police have wasted days and days on a theory that, no pun intended, holds no water whatsoever. If the police had a shred of evidence she'd fallen in the river, then share it, otherwise it's wild hypothesis based purely on the fact this all happened near a river, therefore she must have fallen in the river.

A Tripadvisor image from summer 2019 shows the location of a camera at the Wyreside Farm camping location. It appears to look towards the land inside the farm, but not outside on the path or behind the farmhouse.

I have also uploaded an older image of the farm (brown paintwork) to show the exact location of the camera in relation to the surroundings. The green paintwork is more recent but you can tell from the white markings on the bricks of both images it is the exact same place.

Do we know if this is one of the cameras being discussed in the case and is it still up?

EDIT: Is that a second camera I spot on the left side of the green paintwork image pointing behind the farmhouse? Difficult to say...

Attachments

• DCE736C3-EB61-4CDD-B7D4-4AAF812C841E.jpeg
    DCE736C3-EB61-4CDD-B7D4-4AAF812C841E.jpeg
    686.4 KB · Views: 83
  • B77BF7C4-B176-4561-9BE4-B692C858C592.jpeg
    B77BF7C4-B176-4561-9BE4-B692C858C592.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 84
A Tripadvisor image from summer 2019 shows the location of a camera at the Wyreside Farm camping location. It appears to look towards the land inside the farm, but not outside on the path or behind the farmhouse.

I have also uploaded an older image of the farm (brown paintwork) to show the exact location of the camera in relation to the surroundings. The green paintwork is more recent but you can tell from the white markings on the bricks of both images it is the exact same place.

Do we know if this is one of the cameras being discussed in the case and is it still up?

EDIT: Is that a second camera I spot on the left side of the green paintwork image pointing behind the farmhouse? Difficult to say...
Definitely another camera - both pointing inwards covering both angles out

On a different note, I did a bit of sleuthing the other night, and I noticed something odd on Google Maps.

There is a property about a mile north of the riverside walk where NB went missing which has some odd features:

1. It has an elaborate suspended footbridge over the river, closed off to the public.
2. A large plot of land with very tall gates and "private property" keep out signs
3. It shares a very well built and neat retaining wall with parts of the Rowanwater development
4. The plot of land has access to a track that runs besides the river. This track pretty much runs all the way down to the point where NB was last seen.

Things I find odd about this:

a) It's a very elaborate bridge for it to be a private bridge. If it's there for a simple purpose, why is it so elaborate? It suggests it wasn't always private and possible once upon a time part of a public path. It's now gated off (see pictures) to prevent people accessing what is private land. It's not a bridge for vehicles, so it would never have been for farming or anything like that. There's a footpath on the other side of the river - so my hunch is that originally this bridge was put in place to serve as a crossing point for people walking beside the river - at some point the land has been bought and the footpath closed off.

b) It's a large plot of land, and the shared retaining wall with Rowanwater suggests there is some kind of link between the owners of the house/land and the owners of Rowanwater. Are they the same people? Was the land that Rowanwater is built on previously owned by the people who own the house?

c) The track/pathway appears to be private solely because there don't appear to be any public access points to it - but it would surprise me if you couldn't access this path from the 'upper field' near where NB was last seen. The path/track appears to be well trodden from satellite imagery both both foot and vehicles. The only vehicular access to the track is from the property mentioned above. At a certain point, the track appears to turn in to a slipway in to the river (highlighted in blue). Look at the track/path - they are clearly regularly used by vehicles.

1676039117477.png

1676039173000.png
1676039329237.png

I've been questioning this gap in timings since the first few days.

It seemed very odd to me from day 1 why a clearly very strange situation, (i.e a dog running free with a lead and phone nearby) would a) not be seen by anyone else in the near 2 hour gap and b) why those who had seen the situation did not go back to help any sooner.

All very strange and I feel the police have wasted days and days on a theory that, no pun intended, holds no water whatsoever. If the police had a shred of evidence she'd fallen in the river, then share it, otherwise it's wild hypothesis based purely on the fact this all happened near a river, therefore she must have fallen in the river.
It does seem strange that no other people passed through that area during that time, or if there were they haven't made themselves known and were not caught on any cctv. But I can't see any reason why they wouldn't have come forward.

Police seem confident NB is or was in the water. They must have evidence to support that theory, as I can't imagine their theory is purely based on the facts that no one else was seen coming or going, and there's no sign of abduction, so must be an accident in the river.

Police I am sure are following all lines of enquiry, but are relying on something new (cctv, dashcam etc) to confirm other scenarios, as there's zero evidence to the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie