Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know but I noticed this ref to Wyreside cameras in the Mail, if it's any use to you

'Another blind-spot is a riverside path leading from the Wyreside Farm Caravan Park through to the A586, or Garstang Road. A camera at a house close to the path is also understood to have not been working at the time, but did not cover the exit regardless.'

I am guessing that the 700 vehicles search ( for dash cam) might pick up any sightings leaving this area to the road, just because I'm guessing that's the 'way out' for a perpetrator. ( Obviously, if this is a criminal case but a local is involved, that's a different story, they might not need to get out onto the A586)

Any help from a local - much appreciated

Nicola Bulley's missing two hours: Detectives probe mystery gap

Thanks, interesting. But how do police know for sure it wasn't working? Like, I have a camera and I could just take the memory card out and say "it' hasn't worked for ages". How would they know otherwise? Would depend what system was being used, I suppose, and how much access the police had to it.

Few more new links, published today, 10th Feb

Friends of Nicola Bulley today launched a fresh appeal for information exactly a fortnight on from her disappearance….

Emma White added: 'Bring Nikki home, come to the sofa, with the girls, with Willow and you can have that happy story because that's what we're keeping hope for'........The little girl is saying "Is my mummy famous?" I didn't quite know how to answer that myself… for the wrong reasons.'

Friends of Nicola Bulley launch appeal two weeks after she vanished

Same day clip ( PS the placards read 'dash cam wanted 9-10am' , which is great )
Same day clip
Some footage of the roadside appeal ( & a glimpse of that very tricky coastline at the end of the clip)

Last edited:
Thanks, interesting. But how do police know for sure it wasn't working? Like, I have a camera and I could just take the memory card out and say "it' hasn't worked for ages". How would they know otherwise? Would depend what system was being used, I suppose, and how much access the police had to it.
I think we will never know the answer to that possibly the police would only follow that up if they had suspicsion it was foul play and until that changes into a criminal investigation i think these details will allude us .IMO

Not sure of that either but otoh I do wonder if some of the search parties ( including Nicola's friends) have been all around this area looking for positions of cameras, who has a ring etc. Maybe they noticed that the camera wasn't facing the right way anyway

I couldn't tell from the article but it seems as if this info wasn't from LE. ( Probably worth checking one of the latest LancsPolice official statements to see if it came from them)

I'm not sure if this has been shared on here yet after the closure.

"Diving experts video proof she didn't fall in the river"

It's extremely interesting so see something so light and movable not really travelling anywhere, showing how little the water moves at that time.

Few more new links, published today, 10th Feb

Friends of Nicola Bulley today launched a fresh appeal for information exactly a fortnight on from her disappearance….

Emma White added: 'Bring Nikki home, come to the sofa, with the girls, with Willow and you can have that happy story because that's what we're keeping hope for'........The little girl is saying "Is my mummy famous?" I didn't quite know how to answer that myself… for the wrong reasons.'

Friends of Nicola Bulley launch appeal two weeks after she vanished

Same day clip ( PS posters say dash cam wanted 9-10am, which is great )
Same day clip
Some footage of the roadside appeal ( & a glimpse of that very tricky coastline at the end of the clip)

Interesting wording “Emma White added: 'Bring Nikki home, come to the sofa, with the girls, with Willow and you can have that happy story

Probably nothing, but made my ears prick up.

It's extremely interesting so see something so light and movable not really travelling anywhere, showing how little the water moves at that time.

Duck-race-1.jpg

Some go slow, some go fast.

(JMO)

Last edited:
Not sure of that either but otoh I do wonder if some of the search parties ( including Nicola's friends) have been all around this area looking for positions of cameras, who has a ring etc. Maybe they noticed that the camera wasn't facing the right way anyway

I couldn't tell from the article but it seems as if this info wasn't from LE. ( Probably worth checking one of the latest LancsPolice official statements to see if it came from them)

Talk about the "camera facing the right way" would only be the case if it was thought NB walked away of her own accord.

The question is...what might that camera have captured the way it was facing? Might it have picked up the movements of others who would be key to solving the mystery? Did anyone else move between that location and the bench? Thus, there are way more blindspots than we are led to believe.

As arrogant as the guy has come across, he is still an expert in his field.

Some nuggets from the article.

"Mr Faulding also released video footage taken of the river during the search showing it to be slow-moving, meaning her body would have sunk ‘very quickly’ and remained nearby"

"He also said the rocks by the bank, which would have been under just 2ft of water when she went missing, mean she could have simply ‘stood up’ if she’d fallen down"

He said of the clip, showing a log barely moving on the water: ‘The log stayed at that point for 20 minutes, and it actually spiralled and went up six feet and came back to the same place.

‘The river on the day was slightly higher – it was about a foot higher – but I’d be very surprised in my experience [if she was there] as a body usually goes to the bottom very quickly.

‘If Nicola slipped down the bank, she would have landed in about 2ft of water but onto rocks, and she could have stood up.’

I get what you are saying but surely only someone with an ulterior motive would do that?

It really is interesting to see how slow it is in that spot he filmed but as he acknowledged when he was still on site, he was asked to go and do a search further upstream from the bench area.

He explained that LancsPolice cannot be certain she would have fallen in at the bench spot & so a portion of upstream needed to be done.

All I'm getting at is ... relying on one of his clips of just that stretch doesn't really prove anything because as he's admitted, she could have fallen in higher up or lower down ( from the bench)

As arrogant as the guy has come across, he is still an expert in his field.

Some nuggets from the article.

"Mr Faulding also released video footage taken of the river during the search showing it to be slow-moving, meaning her body would have sunk ‘very quickly’ and remained nearby"

"He also said the rocks by the bank, which would have been under just 2ft of water when she went missing, mean she could have simply ‘stood up’ if she’d fallen down"

He said of the clip, showing a log barely moving on the water: ‘The log stayed at that point for 20 minutes, and it actually spiralled and went up six feet and came back to the same place.

‘The river on the day was slightly higher – it was about a foot higher – but I’d be very surprised in my experience [if she was there] as a body usually goes to the bottom very quickly.

‘If Nicola slipped down the bank, she would have landed in about 2ft of water but onto rocks, and she could have stood up.’

Peter Faulding and his team are used by Police forces in southern England as their official marine search and dive team.

I agree with many that his TV interviews were not helpful in some ways but he is not some random guy with a boat.

What though?

We know they don't have any clothing or belongings.

There's no sightings.

There's no circumstantial evidence such as flatten grass, slip marks on the bank - if there was, the police would say, surely?

There doesn't appear to be any historical cases similar, no history of people falling in at this location, it's not a drowning hotspot.

The environmental evidence doesn't back it up either - a very slow moving, non tidal stretch of river, shallow enough to stand up in near the banks, with a weir less than half a mile away.

In cases like this, the tiniest bit of evidence of what happened is usually shared, both to encourage the public to help if they can and prevent conspiracy theories allowing the police to focus.

<modsnip - no link statement made as fact, rumors, disparaging LE>
Unless their 'evidence' is something else to do with NB's life. A context that only people close to her would be aware of. Something very personal that they are trying to keep out of the news. JMO.

I feel the Police is being given an extremely hard time. I, for one, believe their hypothesis is correct. I just don’t understand why anyone would abduct or attack her on a well known dog walking route. Even if you had planned it having seen her route on strava, for example, why would you choose to do it then and when her dog is there - a dog who could bark and draw attention to you. If it was unplanned and random, it’s likely her body would be dumped quickly in panic. Also, are 45 year old women usually abducted? It seems odd. I will eat my socks if she’s not in the water. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme