Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the latest updates, I hope it leads to some self reflection for everyone who took an (ideally) well intentioned interest in Nicola’s case.

Since COVID it seems we have entered an era of not trusting anyone- even those who are qualified and experienced in their domains. We need to return to a place of trust (not blind trust) but an appreciation that there are experts and they do know their stuff and we do not have knowledge or expertise even close to their knowledge base. Google has made everyone an “expert”. I know people who work is some professions- pharmacy, law, medicine, and their knowledge, insights and understanding is incredible and often unseen.

<modsnip> Thinking of Nicola and her family.
There will be self reflection until the next case comes along.

If it serves as a means to stop “nuisance” calls then I can understand.

I can only hope the family have permission for this to be released. It doesn’t sit well with me at all, far too personal and advising of vulnerabilities in itself should have been enough.
As per Lanc Police fb page they have stated their reasons for doing it, to the family. This suggest they did not seek approval as such.

Apologies if this has already been brought up, but this forum is so fast moving I can’t possibly scroll all the previous posts since I was last on here this morning.

I watched the police press conference and felt the police were being as open to the public as possible. When they said NB was vulnerable, it made sense why they acted so quickly in searching for her. That raises many questions that aren’t our business, but it does shed a possible new light on her disappearance - which we’ve all been following as it’s so high profile.

During the broadcast, the police officer, Becky, mentioned NB’s social media and said that the tech investigators are doing searches on it. She then went on to say that “there may be a possibility that NIcola has been online”. I thought I’d misheard and so replayed it, and she defintely said that.

She starts saying it at 18:16 minutes in the video. I have attached an image of the paused video, but I’m not sure it will show on here as a message says the file is too big. If it doesn’t show on here you’ll find the video on YouTube and at 18:16 minutes you’ll hear the police officer saying this.

I may be confused, and perhaps she was referring to NB being online at some time throughout the Team call, but that doesn’t make sense as everyone knows she was online when listening to the works call.

So unless I’m imaging things, does the officer mean NB may have been online in social media since she disappeared?

Sorry if this has been asked previously, but I’m completely confused - especially as at the end of the latest police update, the reporters never asked her to embellish on that - which I found strange. Then again, I may have misunderstood what the PO meant.

The thing is, everybody these days assumes it’s related to mental health. She could have been physically unwell or have a long-term physical health condition which makes it even more vital to finding her sooner. I don’t understand the immediate speculation towards mental health especially in this case.

Don’t particularly like putting myself out here like this, however, the struggle with menopause is real and different for every woman. I went into menopause at 50. I am 54 and it has been a long road of getting hormones leveled out. I was mean, sad, depressed, felt guilty for my actions and at times thought my family would be better off without me. I can say I thought about leaving, or worse, many times and may have had it not been for my son, who is 14 I may have made a rash decision in one of my “not so good” moments. I pray, if Nicola is out there somewhere struggling, that she finds the strength to accept help.

Surely it is better to allow wild speculation than to release such sensitive personal information for the world to read?

I am honestly saddened that this had to be released. It hasnt been done for the sake of finding Nicola and if anything it has now stirred up even more social media frenzy.
Maybe, but the discussion seems to be more on addiction and menopause than third party involvement. Certain people in the village were being threatened daily, according to MSM, so at least the focus on social media has now shifted away, for the moment, from attacking and blatantly accusing innocent people in Nicola's disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288