Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough I'll delete it although it wasn't insinuation it was explaining the way the sysytem works. Could you delete your post now please as you've quoted me so it's still readable.
I tried to, hopefully it worked.

The girls are going through a horrifically traumatic experience. Any little bits of normality - their own rooms, toys, clothes - could help IMO. Being removed from their home could be an added trauma. I see nothing awry in family members staying with the girls for support.
Oh of course they should stay at home. Perhaps one of the grandparents could stay there with them as comfort for both the girls and the grandparents.

There is no rhyme or reason when it comes to suicide. You cannot apply logic. People can take their own life “accidentally” also but it appearing with intent.
I dont think enough is known about the mind.
Indeed. The idea that someone isn't suicidal because they are continuing as normal i.e. work call, arranging a play date, spa day, etc is incorrect. I know people who have booked holidays on the day that they killed themselves or arranged a night out with friends.

It was allegedly going to be come out in the media. I think they've tried to get infront of it to control the story rather than the first people see of it is through some vile headline in one of the rags.

Also they were not getting a good press prior to this information. I think they were pushed to this point of releasing it so they and the family could release it first. After all this has done nothing but put them in a worse light than before and I think that they knew that would be the case. I don’t think they did this to mitigate anything in the investigation.

They are reporting that she must have been walking really slowly or stopping a lot after walking the scene and keeping to the timings they have from witnesses.

They were walking very slowly and still had time left reaching each point.

Source - Live Sky news.
Yes, she had a dog with her and was using her phone since the meeting was about to start. That may have accounted for her walking slower than reporters.

Hear, hear. Agree. It was her own business, besides which, it's unlawful. Breaches several acts, human rights violation, etc. Which is even more unacceptable, considering it came from law enforcement.
And it runs counter to the aim of the investigation.
Imagine if all LE put personal info of a victim out in the public simply because the media was going to do so first! It is wrong, an invasion of privacy. Never have I seen that done here in Canada for that particular reason!

Last edited:
Live on sky news now they have come across a witness that found the phone! They have stopped him and are speaking to him now.

Edited after watching fully.

** Context** - Two reporters are walking the route that Nicola would have taken, whilst doing so they have come across a witness.

A lady called Penny found the phone, harness, lead & willow initially and then called this older gentleman over.
He recognised the dog and saw the wallpaper on her phone.
He is sure on the exact time it was because he got a call from his wife so they went on that time.

Also worth noting he was an elderly gentleman but he didn't have a white fluffy dog with him as reported previously. It looked like either a springer / cocker type dog.
Link to this story from 1st Feb. Nicola Bulley was 'laughing and joking' just minutes before she vanished

The report states that a woman walking her dog came through the gate, spotted Willow and saw the lead and harness on the floor. A man with his dog came through the gate and he spotted the phone...on the ground.
Further down the story morphs into the woman saying she saw the phone on the bench with no mention of the man.

Penny is the caravan park owner. I've always been confused by these accounts and interestingly the guy intercepted by Sky News says the phone was on the bench

EDIT: A further report gives a greater account of the woman who describes when she came across the scene Passerby raised alarm after finding missing mum's 'worried' dog wandering alone

Last edited:
IMO interesting to consider that she may have absconded with someone and possibility that locals were aware of it and "on her side". This could be the reason why the PA said he knows she is not in the River and someone in the village is protecting her.

Not impossible that this is the case but very difficult to uncover without house searches and of course people do have second homes..

JMO.
tbh I previously thought his main theories were due to being ' in denial' and wanting every stone unturned ( Like being in denial as a stage of the grieving process) but since I re-watched the C5 interviews with PA, I don't know.

As you say, anything is possible.

I suppose the police could have simply stated that Nicola was suffering from mental health issues or depression?

I think perhaps if this was stated at the very beginning we wouldn’t be here now. Which would be a good thing honestly (as in we’d be none the wiser to the menopause/alcohol chat). Maybe that information would have been enough for the press not to digging on that particular part.

It’s just a mess, poor NB and her family.

I suppose the police could have simply stated that Nicola was suffering from mental health issues or depression?
IDK
Maybe they should have just left it at ' specific vulnerbilites'
SIO Smith point blank refused to give further details around four times in that press conference

Who or what made them U turn within such a short space of time?

I think perhaps if this was stated at the very beginning we wouldn’t be here now. Which would be a good thing honestly (as in we’d be none the wiser to the menopause/alcohol chat). Maybe that information would have been enough for the press not to digging on that particular part.

It’s just a mess, poor NB and her family.
Yep, probably got more public support too. The vague 'vulnerabilities' was not going to stop the conspiracies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa