Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his comment was a joke.
same

here's the Sky clip again for those who haven't watched where Ron quips ' do you live here?' to the reporter who has been covering the case for the last fortnight or so and who has already interviewed Ron before ( off camera)

from 2hrs 13mins
BTW Sky have turned off comments now ( the comments were not very flattering to the channel)

Last edited:
No one knows why the dog didn’t follow NB - into the water or even past the gate (LP said the dog could have got through) - maybe it is well trained to ‘stay’

IMO the dog may have been away in the fields enjoying itself and as the bench was the normal place it didn't know what to do. The wading across water hypothesis is technically interesting because this is a known way to remove a scent trail.

Nobody is going to wade across there in January though IMO.

I live. in an area with. river and woodland walks and a lot of tourists and, although. I'm. not going. to pretend it. happens every day, its not. uncommon to find phones, designer sunglasses etc on a bench while the owner relieves. themselves in a bush or takes a short stroll to look at something else-...as I normally take. a book to read, I usually. plonk down to safeguard their stuff. for half an hour...if they're not back by then I take their stuff to. the police station and leave a note...its what most. people do here...or they just walk. on.

not everyone about to. commit suicide behaves in the same way, of course, but there is one type of behaviour where the decision is a. relief after a long time of turmoil....some people. spring clean the house and put their financial affairs in order, while others just go through the motions of what they were going to do that day..the plan carries them along

But how would he know it was live TV if he was out walking his dog and not watching Sky News? Reporters have been all over the village for the past three weeks. Walking right past them has probably become second-nature by now.
Agreed. My point was just that he didn’t appear to be ambushed. The reporters actually start by telling him to come on through. Then he amiably engages with the male reporter by saying “Do you live here?” It’s only after that, after he indicated he’s willing to engage, that the male reporter begins to ask him questions. Ron stops and doesn’t seem bothered to answer them. That’s what I see, at least.

I don’t know about being ambushed. He had spoken to the reporter before, apparently, and I’m assuming he saw the cameraman. Looks more like he walked right into it, to me. I mean, he could have turned around if he didn’t want to be interviewed on live tv.
I'm thinking R is related to P who rang her DIL ... same family all from the caravan park jmo

im in no. way advocating vigilantes, but I hope whoever was going to sell their. stories aren't hoping for any help in the future from the community

I live in a small village, no supermarket. Folk travel to the nearest supermarkets or use supermarket deliveries. I have no idea how much alcohol anyone in my village buys.
It’s possible Nicola, like many others, started having an extra glass of wine, or an earlier glass of wine during lockdown and it became more problematic beyond that. No purchasing multiple bottles of spirits from the local village shop, no becoming drunk in the local pub. No one outside of her household, or who she had chosen to share this with, aware it had become an issue.

edited to correct my appalling spelling
Agree. Or out with friends and having fun, you say “let’s have another bottle!” No? Oh, just me then. The extra couple glasses can make it visible to those who know you that you have had a drop too much.

IMO the dog may have been away in the fields enjoying itself and as the bench was the normal place it didn't know what to do. The wading across water hypothesis is technically interesting because this is a known way to remove a scent trail.

Nobody is going to wade across there in January though IMO.

My understanding is that there are fordable / rocky shallow areas upstream of the weir from the bench and also downstream around the road bridge. This is info from apparent locals on another site - so may or may not be accurate. But gives the possibility of getting to the opposite bank of the river and the land beyond as well as going under the road bridge downstream on either river bank and accessing land there or moving to deeper flowing water.

ww.tidetimes.co.uk/fleetwood-tide-times-20230127

Around 3am at Fleetwood which seems to be the nearest tide gauge. Probably a bit later at St M.
Oh wow, I don't live near a tidal area and didn't realize tide times change so much. High tide at 3am on Jan 27, low tide at 3.45am Feb 18. Complete opposite. I had no idea.

All this ringing about between themselves, and it took over an hour to actually call somebody outside of their circle to have the matter at hand dealt with. It’s bizarre to me.
RSBM

Whoa, what now? Over an hour? Why was I under the impression that once they saw Nicola and Paul on the phone, they telephoned the school right after?

Do you find anything strange about the way that the people who found an unattended dog and a mobile phone next to a river, handled the situation? I seem to be in a minority as most people seem to just skim over it and say that you can’t call out these witnesses on anything. I’m not accusing them of anything, but the delay has given either A: Nicolas body more time to disappear down the river or B: Nicola to get further away from the scene whether by choice or by force.

3 or possibly 4 adults (who I’m assuming have a reasonable level of intelligence between them) were all involved in the finding of Willow/phone next to a river of all places, and it took over an hour for anybody outside of themselves to be alerted. All this ringing about between themselves, and it took over an hour to actually call somebody outside of their circle to have the matter at hand dealt with. It’s bizarre to me.

I’m not exactly sure how many people were involved but from what I can gather, a man and woman found Willow/phone, woman rang man’s wife to tell her, wife tried to ring man to tell him but he was already at the scene. Then someone’s daughter in law was phoned about it?? Am I right? It’s hard trying to make sense of the initial sequence of events after willow was found and I’m basing my thoughts on what I’ve read happened.
There's no doubt at all that it's frustrating that all of these people were so elderly, and possessed of that innocent and even naive nature that they never thought 'danger', 'risk' or anything at all like that. It's definitely likely that a younger, more worldly-wise person, would have thought 'look around', 'look at the river'', and would, hopefully, have called the police.

But it is what it is, and there's no point in blaming them. The police were dealt a s**t hand from the start. And so were Paul, and Nicola's family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam