Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC reporter Marianna Spring:

"I have previously covered how conspiracy theorists and trolls target survivors of terror attacks - like the Manchester Arena bombing in 2017 - with some going far as to track them down offline to find out if they were lying about their injuries.
This case is very different, but there has been drastic spiralling of speculation and conspiracy theories, which has triggered statements from Nicola's family, and police who issued a dispersal order.
This story has been a huge focus for the media, splashed on front pages daily. But I want to understand the scale of the social media frenzy."

The other thing is we know that it was Nicola who'd gone missing. At the time he didn't, he may have assumed it was her partner who'd dashed away to relieve himself. It would be unlikely a woman, on her own, in broad daylight, would nip behind a bush for a wee. He said he knew Willow's owners by sight, so it could have been either from his point of view. That might also account for the lack of urgency, if they thought it was PA's phone. JMO
You've just hit on something IMO.
Wasn't it reported the first lady on the scene who found the dog was reported as saying she might have fallen in if she had been faffing etc? Can't find the link sorry.

The ghoulish online sleuths are shameful, but that’s no excuse for how the police have treated Nicola Bulley​

Every British police force must learn from Lancashire’s mistake: disclosing personal details is no way to respond to conspiracists
Gaby Hinsliff

I think the article really should point out strongly that the family had said the media were ready to publish stories about Nicola's vulnerabilities, so in this case I don't feel the family and the police had much choice. Better for the police or family spokesperson to put it out first than the tabloids.

Now I do think there is a discussion on maybe the way it was worded and the exact detail, by the police, but I don't think they had much choice in terms of having to mention the things that Nicola had been going through (in terms of prior welfare check at least).

There is also a GBNews video embedded in the article.

Nicola Bulley could have gone 'off-grid': Missing persons expert says there is 'no indication' mother is in river​

Missing persons expert Charlie Hedges today suggested Ms Bulley could have 'gone off-grid', saying 'nobody goes missing without a reason.'

He continued: 'Nobody goes missing without a reason, and understanding what's going on in someone's life is very, very important.

'All lines of action need to be followed. It may be that she just took the decision to go off.

'But it's not that easy to go off the grid in today's world.'

IMO someone who walks there every day (not saying that 'Ron' does this) would know who was walking the dog. I suppose if it was random they might not know but if it was generally the same person.

<remainder of quote snipped>
The Sky interview confirms it was a daily walk for R.

'Reporter - Well look, we'll let you carry on with your walk. I know you do this every morning. Nicola did this almost every morning as well.'

transcript

The ghoulish online sleuths are shameful, but that’s no excuse for how the police have treated Nicola Bulley​

Every British police force must learn from Lancashire’s mistake: disclosing personal details is no way to respond to conspiracists
Gaby Hinsliff

The response wasn't to conspiracists so much as blackmailers. The police putting the story out there controls the narrative and takes away the power; the press won't be paying a gossipy member of the public when they've got a story including the welfare check.

Wasn't it reported the first lady on the scene who found the dog was reported as saying she might have fallen in if she had been faffing etc? Can't find the link sorry.
That remark was from a friend of NB's who was interviewed later, after it was known who the missing person was - just in case anyone thinks it suspicious that the witness already knew it was NB rather than PA doing the walk that day.
--
She said: "The gent has looked on the floor and two feet from the bench there’s a phone. I think she’s either been faffing about at the edge of the river because the dog’s been smelling fishing bait and she’s slipped or she’s had a medical episode."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/friend-says-missing-nicola-bulley-26134452

quoted in lots of posts - fuller transcripts can be located by searching forum for 'faffing'.
<edited by me to correct error - new text is underlined>

Last edited:
I know the current scrutiny is focused on the police, but if there's going to be a debate on what personal details are revealed about a missing person, why wasn't there the same level of outrage, including up to the PM, when stories were published about Corrie Mckeague's sex life? And the Daily Mail, who are leading with the opinion pieces on all aspects of Lancashire Police, were in there with salacious details of Fab Swingers accounts and a supposed partner.

I know the current scrutiny is focused on the police, but if there's going to be a debate on what personal details are revealed about a missing person, why wasn't there the same level of outrage, including up to the PM, when stories were published about Corrie Mckeague's sex life? And the Daily Mail, who are leading with the opinion pieces on all aspects of Lancashire Police, were in there with salacious details of Fab Swingers accounts and a supposed partner.
It could be something as simple as an algorithm running a Facebook marketing strategy.
IMO one really can't underestimate the power of the internet. It's serious.

That was when she was interviewed later, after it was known who the missing person was - just in case anyone thinks it suspicious that the witness already knew it was NB rather than PA doing the walk that day.
--
She said: "The gent has looked on the floor and two feet from the bench there’s a phone. I think she’s either been faffing about at the edge of the river because the dog’s been smelling fishing bait and she’s slipped or she’s had a medical episode."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/friend-says-missing-nicola-bulley-26134452

quoted in lots of posts - fuller transcripts can be located by searching forum for 'faffing'.
The quote about faffing in this article was made by a friend of NB, not by the witness at the scene.

I think that was the gentleman who appeared shortly afterward. Faffing about near the edge. Dog sniffing fishing bait.

The quote about faffing in this article was made by a friend of NB, not by the witness at the scene.
So it was - thank you! Will amend my post.

This friend also seems to be the source of the idea that the phone was locked (' She also said dog walkers saw the phone and recognised the picture on the screensaver. Unable to unlock the phone, she said they contacted a friend who then called St Michael's-on-Wyre Church of England Primary School')
Missing mum seen 'laughing and joking' minutes before vanishing

Isn’t he 70? I don’t think of that as elderly these days! A lot of 70 year olds are still working!
Yes true. But many do suffer with the various afflictions that come with getting older. My OH is 72 fit and well for hi s age but struggles with anything technology related.

It IS very confusing! Admittedly, I'm a bit of a continuity freak, but I just cannot get past the nagging weirdness which is the first witness's initial statement that 'the gent' 'comes through the gate after me and sees a phone lying on the floor', and later statements that it was found on the bench, which Ron re-stated in his Sky News live with KB.

I can't fully articulate why this bothers me so much, but it's troubled me right from the get-go.

Which IS it? It can't be both!
Exactly!! It's always bothered me that the first clues in the first part of this case are all over the place!

It's a complete mish-mash of different people and the phone being found in 2 different areas.

I'd like to see Lancashire Police release a definitive paper report on 'who and how' the phone and dog were found....something that is 100% factual. Surely they must be working from that themselves!

Last edited:
I think that was the gentleman who appeared shortly afterward. Faffing about near the edge. Dog sniffing fishing bait

OK this is completely ridiculous now and must stop! They are unbelievably disrespectful. They deserve arrests and criminal records.

TikTok sleuths spark outrage after filming themselves digging up woodland close to where Nicola Bulley vanished

TikTok sleuths have sparked fury after filming themselves digging up woodland close to where Nicola Bulley vanished despite police repeatedly warning them to stop.

One is seen digging up soil while the other man films him and comments on Ms Bulley's disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley