Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Oxford lady in the video was brilliant.

It will have been the high spring tide adding salinity to the water and some extra flow which released the body from the deep hole area where she fell in and washed it in the early morning to where she was found.

Simple.

The man with the sonar needs to belt up now.

The tide has no effect on the area by the bench. JMO

Surely everyone knows that you'd be found out in about half an hour, as soon as they did the postmortem and found you'd not drowned and the bacterial and flora and fauna were all wrong? Are people really forensically aware enough to consider storing a body in water elsewhere to make it look like she'd been in water for 3 weeks (and where? You'd probably need a bigger space than a bath tub) but not realising that drowning is easily established as cause of death and that the evidence wouldn't add up? This seems like the most unlikely scenario and most straw clutching IMO.
Of course. Like I said: this is not what I think happened. But it is possible. You have to look at every possible scenario as a detective, no?

Really not sure about this need for the hate from some regarding PF. If i was in the unfortunate situation that NBs family have been in and someone offered the help PF has- i would take it, im pretty sure many others would too.
We can go back and forth with the blame game here, however some poor soul (probably NB), has now been found,maybe we will never know exactly how this happened, but some of the comments are ludicrous. He gave up his time to at least try to find her, the police were already searching before and after PF, they didnt find her either. This seems to be a tragic accident,but we just may never know.
It’s the fact he was adamant she wasn’t there, convinced the family she wasn’t there, raised eyebrows about foul play, and fed the red tops headline fodder.

I don’t think anyone is criticising him for what he’s done, more what he’s said.

“100% she’s not there”. She was there.

Just thought I’d clarify. I am if the opinion NB had a medical episode and slipped or it is suicide.

However, the reason the police are under fire is because it doesn’t appear there may be any other scenario. It is not usual that the possibility of a crime taking place is overlooked. Hence they’re getting it in the neck from SM and some MSM.

JMO

It’s the fact he was adamant she wasn’t there, convinced the family she wasn’t there, raised eyebrows about foul play, and fed the red tops headline fodder.

I don’t think anyone is criticising him for what he’s done, more what he’s said.

“100% she’s not there”. She was there.
Someone - possibly cottonweaver - posted about cases where Peter Faulding has missed bodies in rivers before.

Just thought I’d clarify. I am if the opinion NB had a medical episode and slipped or it is suicide.

However, the reason the police are under fire is because it doesn’t appear there may be any other scenario. It is not usual that the possibility of a crime taking place is overlooked. Hence they’re getting it in the neck from SM and some MSM.

JMO

The tide has no effect on the area by the bench. JMO
This measuring gauge is further UP away from the Weir and it shows a significant rise the morning before the body was found. Kirkland Bridge. Well above the Weir.

An increase of 600mm in the early morning. It must be the tide or some water being added from somewhere else very quickly. IMO the tide.

Spring tides do go over that Weir IMO.

This is going to be a bit of a speculative ramble & I’m submitting as a thinking point rather than trying to inflame.

There has been criticism of police revealing menopause difficulties but I wonder if this has been a short hand/lay way of signaling Menopause Associated Psychosis(MAP). In addition to the low mood/anxiety fairly well known & associated with menopause, MAP can basically bring on schizophrenic-type symptoms/behaviour due to loss of protective effect of oestrogen. In simple terms, behaviour can be erratic due to hallucinations (visual/auditory) or delusions.

What I’m saying is, it may not be as “straightforward” as planning suicide or having an accident.
For example, if you were experiencing voices convincing you that your phone was bugged, you might feel compelled to get away from it/escape the voices & in so doing, go into the water.

I really doubt whether even an inquest will elucidate exactly what happened but for those convinced that depressive thoughts alone wouldn’t allow Nicola to leave Willow or her girls, it might offer an alternative set of circumstances.

All MOO

ETA was going to link something about MAP but mobile signal not letting me google

Last edited:
JMO But I wonder if there was something left on her phone that led LE to believe she intended ending her life?

Until she was found, there was always hope that she hadn't gone through with it hence their stance (ie no crime committed)

JMO
Suicide note written on phone. Perhaps an auto-send email? Or SMS. You can get SMS scheduler apps for phones which will send text messages at any time you wish.
Very interesting theory and a reason to leave the phone behind.

JMO
I think some of this is the police’s messaging and communications. They do have to be open to other options than the most likely scenario. I think they were but in the past, the police have been guilty of “tunnel vision” that has led to mistakes on other cases.

On this one, Occam’s Razor applied and was seemingly proven correct, but I think, given the case attracted so much attention, they could have added some extra comfort on the media comms: we are working on the basis NB is in the river and will resurface as that’s the most likely scenario, but of course we are investigating all angles thoroughly.

Nicola’s profile as a hard-working and dedicated mum in her 40s struck a nerve with a lot of people. This was someone many people in the UK could relate to. I’m not trying to be glib here — for example, I’m a lesbian, no children in my 40s, and that essentially puts me outside a “normal” frame of reference and I don’t mean that in any disparaging way to the LGBT community I am part of! — but what I mean is Nicola was so very “regular” a person that a lot of people identified with her and that increased the press attention, internet speculation and worry.

This is going to be a bit of a speculative ramble & I’m submitting as a thinking point rather than trying to inflame.

There has been criticism of police revealing menopause difficulties but I wonder if this has been a short hand/lay way of signaling Menopause Associated Psychosis(MAP). In addition to the low mood/anxiety fairly well known & associated with menopause, MAP can basically bring on schizophrenic-type symptoms/behaviour due to loss of protective effect of oestrogen. In simple terms, behaviour can be erratic due to hallucinations (visual/auditory) or delusions.

What I’m saying is, it may not be as “straightforward” as planning suicide or having an accident.
For example, if you were experiencing voices convincing you that your phone was bugged, you might feel compelled to get away from it/escape the voices & in so doing, go into the water.

I really doubt whether even an inquest will elucidate exactly what happened but for those convinced that depressive thoughts alone wouldn’t allow Nicola to leave Willow or her girls, it might offer an alternative set of circumstances.

All MOO
Interesting point. I have seen this mentioned with regards to this case.

I think some of this is the police’s messaging and communications. They do have to be open to other options than the most likely scenario. I think they were but in the past, the police have been guilty of “tunnel vision” that has led to mistakes on other cases.

On this one, Occam’s Razor applied and was seemingly proven correct, but I think, given the case attracted so much attention, they could have added some extra comfort on the media comms: we are working on the basis NB is in the river and will resurface as that’s the most likely scenario, but of course we are investigating all angles thoroughly.

Nicola’s profile as a hard-working and dedicated mum in her 40s struck a nerve with a lot of people. This was someone many people in the UK could relate to. I’m not trying to be glib here — for example, I’m a lesbian, no children in my 40s, and that essentially puts me outside a “normal” frame of reference and I don’t mean that in any disparaging way to the LGBT community I am part of! — but what I mean is Nicola was so very “regular” a person that a lot of people identified with her and that increased the press attention, internet speculation and worry.
I completely agree.

When NB’s family made their statement about her after the LP released details of her vulnerabilities, they mentioned that she stopped HRT as it caused headaches. I can’t remember the exact words (and don’t know how to link their statement, so apologies for this).

JMO but maybe the headaches were actually caused by something else, such as mini stroke/blood clot, or triggered/worsened something else which resulted in a medical episode at the side of the river, causing her to fall in. This is MOO.

So desperately sad. My hope now is that her family and friends will get the peace and privacy needed to grieve and begin to rebuild their broken hearts.

The Mail said that
( Link to title they used here UK - UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

LP haven't said that though so am not sure how the Mail's reporter would be able to describe the final 'resting' place so definitively.

mail also said ' found in the reeds' as did Faulding ( and latter was not there either, he was back in Southern England)

Mail seemed to be implying that she'd been ' in the reeds' or in that stretch for the whole 3 weeks - which sounds unlikely to me. What do you think?
Yesterday’s Sky footage was certainly reedy and there was a large “indent” also reedy on the bank where a body would be, like nature’s layby. And there was a tree with beach overhanging the river. So Mail simply reporting what we could all see. There was a diver standing in river at that spot as footage continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10