Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good old reverse ferret from PF, JMO this says (to misquote) "I was tasked with looking in the river, she wasn't found in the river, but at the edge of the river, which isn't the river but which most people may think is the river as it is in the river but isn't"
It's disingenuous to say that she was "not found in the river".

In my opinion when he said 100% not there he meant not in the water he searched. He did not rule out the reeds/banks and he didn’t believe the body could have travelled further if it was just a fall. I did feel he was wrong to mention foul play and the phone as a decoy, it wasn’t his place and not sure why he mentioned this train of thought when he knew there were other places the body could be found. I think he just made too many comments and confused the family into thinking Nicola wasn’t in the water.
I understand that PF probably made a big effort and couldn’t find her so started speculating, but it wasn’t helpful.

He should have acknowledged even with the best efforts of people with his expertise, bodies of water do not always readily give up their secrets. I do believe he probably did his best on the searching and didn’t find NB, but that’s understandable. No special expertise but have seen several drowning cases in the news. I mentioned upthread Naya Rivera wasn’t found until she floated to the surface even though search & rescue teams really tried and I don’t doubt their commitment. That is drowning outdoors for you — bodies are hard to find. Doesn’t mean they aren’t there.

I completely agree. I think most people (including LE) are riding off the fact that she was visited by LE and medical professionals in the weeks before, and to assume that this is suicide without looking at every other possibility is wrong IMO. The two things can coexist. She may have been deeply suicidal and also have been the victim of a crime or just a plain accident. Not everyone that is suicidal carries it through - in fact, very few do.

It is troubling that the area has not been cordoned off and sifted through with a fine tooth comb. I would have expected this area to be closed off for the next 24 hours plus at the very least. But they didn’t even cordon or examine the bench so I’m honestly not surprised - it does kind of confirm that they just suspect suicide as the ONLY option IMO. Very sad
I think they thought suicide or accident but never mentioned suicide.

Everything with this story feels unlikely and convenient, so I’m keeping an open mind.

The idea of someone falling or being pushed into shallow, slow moving water and drowning is hard to believe but not impossible. There were no signs of slipping but as other have said, she could have gone in elsewhere.

The idea of someone trying to take their own life there also seems unlikely, unless other substances were involved. Even then, still quite unusual.

The fact the river had such an extensive search and she would have sunk. People speculating that she could have been washed further down but again, it seems unlikely given the depth and the current.

Of course, once she was floating, she could have moved, so where she was found is logical but still odd that nobody found her.

PF is being torn apart for saying he was sure she wasn't in there but perhaps he was sure. If he felt there were limitations with the equipment, then would he have been so certain? That river doesn't look like it's got a lot of reeds and debris that could have hidden a body.

The idea that someone put the body there also seems unlikely when you look at how often these things happen statistically. Yet, the fact there has been so much news coverage about the search and the fact that police believe she was in the river make it a convenient end for the police and any potential criminal.

It was a roadside spot, it was hidden from view of the road and anyone following the story would have a good idea of when searches were taking place.

I guess what's getting to me is that it's usually the most likely scenario that's going to be the reality but neither seem very likely imo.

I agree @PeggyHenry
It is Naive for anyone not to consider that a body can be placed somewhere after an abduction.
It happens often.
The obsession that she fell in the river from the start, without any evidence to suggest this other than a river being close by and even after extensive searches didn't find her, has to come from somewhere.

I don't believe that she would have threatened to someone to do this as her partner and family didn't believe she was in the river.

I would like to know where she was for the last 23 days and how people can get so close to film the spot she was found. An area that should be crawled over with a fine tooth comb.

Until you have the results of a post mortem you have to search the whole area as to search after the results will find lots of trinkets from YouTubers, tourists and Tick Tockers.
BBM

Do you have examples of when a perp placed a body right in the place where the police expected to find it rather than moved to somewhere with the intention of concealing their crime?

Assuming this is NB, I do hope the family isn't going to be hounded by the media now. Imo they could do with someone handling that side of things.
Remember they have links with ex-BBC, now Channel 5 presenter Dan Walker and Emma White’s dad, who retired from being a really popular presenter Stewart White. It’s part of the reason the case took off, including Mr Ansell interview with Dan Walker. I think there will be another of these in due course and that media inquiries will go though their press and TV friends.

Have you ever bent down to do something e.g. sort out your dog, and stepped on the inside of your own clothing? I wonder if Nicola may have tripped herself up by standing on the hem of her long gilet, which would have caused a fall into the river
The gilet turned out not to be ankle length and police dropped that description from the second press conf. But yes she could have tripped.

Possibly. But it may also be possible that someone keeps a body in water elsewhere and then takes it to another water source. (Just to clarify, I don’t think it is the case but nothing is impossible). JMO
That would make a good plotline for Criminal Minds

You'd have to replicate the exact composition of the river in terms of flora and fauna, temperature depth etc so quite the exercise in forward planning needed

JMO

They can't let it go. It would mean abandoning the drama that is fueling them and while they still have 'followers' endorsing it, it won't end soon.

JMO

Everything about this case seems unlikely but I’m keeping an open mind.

It seems highly unlikely that someone would have put her body there afterwards. It would have been very hard to do. Yet the media has kept everyone well informed of the searches and it’s wouldn’t have been impossible. Also brings the case to a convenient close for the police who were being criticised for not looking into other possibilities.

It also seems unlikely that someone would have fallen into such slow moving water and been unable to get out. Or that the body wouldn’t have been found sooner with the extensive search.

It seems unlikely that someone would have taken their own life in such a way too. Even if she had been planning to do so, this is one of the last ways that most people would think of.

Not an expert, only a sleuther, and I see what you mean, I doubt they can tell *exactly* the date and time of death after more than three weeks in the water (as seems to be the case). However, given Nicola went missing on a certain morning, was not heard from or seen since, and there was no evidence she came to harm at the hands of anyone else, nor any evidence of anyone dumping a body in the river days later, it will not be a wild conclusion to assume she fell or jumped (I think they will go with “fell” unless other evidence) in the water the day she went missing.

Of course someone could stage all of this and put Nicola in the water days later, knowing she went missing by the river. But then I would expect evidence that she didn’t drown but was killed another way. Or evidence she didn’t drown in river water but in different water. I wonder if they can tell that weeks later but think they can probably discern a lot these days from medical examination. If the post-mortem shows anything other than died about three weeks ago and likely cause of death drowning in river (not tap, etc) water, it will be astonishing.
I was thinking the WS who suggested this may have been thinking that Nicola could have been somewhere a few days and then went in river.

Remember they have links with ex-BBC, now Channel 5 presenter Dan Walker and Emma White’s dad, who retired from being a really popular presenter Stewart White. It’s part of the reason the case took off, including Mr Ansell interview with Dan Walker. I think there will be another of these in due course and that media inquiries will go though their press and TV friends.
Maybe after Dan Walker has recovered from this morning tho Broadcaster Dan Walker Says He's 'Glad To Be Alive' After Road Accident While Out On His Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado