Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Popped in on my lunch break for an update and I see there's still no formal identification of the body found yesterday. That conjures up horrible thoughts in my head, so god only knows how friends & family of NB are feeling. Those poor little girls - PA is going to have to be super strong for them (assuming that it is NB, I'm not discounting anything until there's a formal statement from LP) :(
Is this an unusually long wait for for identification? It feels like it is but maybe there is good reason for that. Perhaps the body isn’t in great condition or maybe they are giving the family some time to absorb first?

I don’t believe for a second she was in that spot the whole time. She must have drifted. If she was then I think it’s a shocking job by the search team. im not an experienced search operative or anything like that but common sense tells me you look at the margins of flowing water to find anything. Anything that can snag you look in the margins, tree branches and tree roots and all significant debris ends up in the margins Caught up on the roots and snags. The middle of any river is normally relatively clear of such debris as it gets forced by the flow especially after rain and great force is going through. Exceptions being a rise after a dip where the flow isn’t direct But going over the crest of the rise. So the middle of two mounds over which the flow goes. All of which can be mapped and grid searched. After the scan of the middle of the river I would have had teams searching extensively the margins, every nook and cranny from in the water. Using poles with hooks etc I would have mapped the middle river noting any rises and falls and paid much attention to any two rises in the river Bed between which she may have laid. I would have had every tree base searched and within a radius of five metres depending on size. Any depth under which I send divers. Jmo

I feel like the opposite must be true, that N was always in the water entangled in that spot, hence she wasn't spotted by the police divers or PF and his team. However, were that to be the case, I would imagine foul play.

People are highly critical of PF but he did say right from the off that his equipment doesn't cover the reeds and edges and also as soon as he found out there was any possibility of suicide, he stated that this meant his search hadn't been conducted in the way needed and that N could be all the way out to sea by now. So I don't see how PF has 'failed' in any of this, he simply offered assistance but it wasn't enough. In his own words he would have done it differently if he'd known.

That would make a good plotline for Criminal Minds

You'd have to replicate the exact composition of the river in terms of flora and fauna, temperature depth etc so quite the exercise in forward planning needed

JMO
Lol yes. I realise it’s totally improbable- but not impossible either. I don’t think this will be the outcome whatsoever, but I’ve seen it mentioned before. I think she had a medical episode and slipped sadly. JMO

Forgive the gap in my understanding (too many threads to trawl through) but was it determined that NB had a fitbit watch on when she went missing? I remember reading a lot about her strava route many threads ago and people here talking about it not having synced.

Its a bit of a long shot but I wonder if this is the body of NB they have found if she would still have her watch device on and if it's waterproof they might be able to salvage some data from it? If it had a heartbeat monitor on it I wonder if it would give indication to a medical episode or an accident or if it would all be much of a muchness.

Forgive the gap in my understanding (too many threads to trawl through) but was it determined that NB had a fitbit watch on when she went missing? I remember reading a lot about her strava route many threads ago and people here talking about it not having synced.

Its a bit of a long shot but I wonder if this is the body of NB they have found if she would still have her watch device on and if it's waterproof they might be able to salvage some data from it? If it had a heartbeat monitor on it I wonder if it would give indication to a medical episode or an accident or if it would all be much of a muchness.
If its one of the waterproof versions and can be charged up and still turns on, then yes it can be synced back to the date she went missing - they may be able to see what happened in that moment due to heart rate etc. imo.

Am confident the fitbit will answer many questions...
This appears to be a tragic end to a wonderful life. IMO NB had a medical episode, and possibly passed before even entering the water. I believe she sadly rolled into the water, leaving no actual signs of the entry to the river...Time will tell.
Truly sad though.

If it still works could it give a time of death?
Yes if we assume she fell in the river at that point (9.20-9.33am) and it’s a waterproof version then you will be able to see the heart rate dropping until the point it stops. IMO.
A smartwatch analysis was used in the murder of a woman in Greece. The husband stated that burglars killed her but when the police checked out her smartwatch she had died before the reported burglary. The husband was charged with her murder.

Last edited:
Wonder how much time police will spend looking into the trolling of Nicola partner’s accounts? The story has now been in most of the papers after Sunday Express broke it. Lancs Police said they would be investigating.

This from Express yest:
The update sparked concern from users of the site and some speculated it had been hacked. After being alerted to the posts by the Sunday Express, Lancashire Police confirmed his account was hacked and an investigation was underway.

A force spokeswoman said: “Paul Ansell’s Pinterest account has been accessed by a third party and is being closed down. We are investigating the matter.”

Last edited:
I do feel that PF is being unfairly criticised. He offered his services for free at the request of family. Ok he may have been a bit OTT when saying she 100% isn’t in there but he is only human. JMO.
Agree. Don't know why everyone is bashing him so gleefully.
It's in very poor taste and vindictive.

IMO the man with the sonar undermined the police. They said she was in the River. They knew more than he did then he turned up with expensive equipment and said she definitely wasn't in there.

She was in there. QED.

In my view this person is open to criticism. Be more careful in your presentation. Keep out of the lime light otherwise people will see you.

I don’t believe for a second she was in that spot the whole time. She must have drifted. If she was then I think it’s a shocking job by the search team. im not an experienced search operative or anything like that but common sense tells me you look at the margins of flowing water to find anything. Anything that can snag you look in the margins, tree branches and tree roots and all significant debris ends up in the margins Caught up on the roots and snags. The middle of any river is normally relatively clear of such debris as it gets forced by the flow especially after rain and great force is going through. Exceptions being a rise after a dip where the flow isn’t direct But going over the crest of the rise. So the middle of two mounds over which the flow goes. All of which can be mapped and grid searched. After the scan of the middle of the river I would have had teams searching extensively the margins, every nook and cranny from in the water. Using poles with hooks etc I would have mapped the middle river noting any rises and falls and paid much attention to any two rises in the river Bed between which she may have laid. I would have had every tree base searched and within a radius of five metres depending on size. Any depth under which I send divers. Jmo
I agree, she must have drifted. I recall in an earlier press conference it was said that they had experienced officers searching next to the river and the banks daily. Surely they would have found her after multiple searches, unless they weren't going that far with the external searches?

I agree, she must have drifted. I recall in an earlier press conference it was said that they had experienced officers searching next to the river and the banks daily. Surely they would have found her after multiple searches, unless they weren't going that far with the external searches?

Did the people searching the river ever take anything out of it? If not then presumably there is nothing in there. Not even a branch or a piece of waterlogged wood. Nothing. Nada.

Don't the police usually say along the lines of " a body has been found, presumed to be of _______, subject to formal identification"
I would have thought it would have been fairly evident if it was her, so I hope the time this is taking is not significant. That said it is a while since the family made a statement so they may have been informed by now and are being given time to process it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth