Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.
My sister went missing January 2014 and was missing for two months until her body was found in woodland. One of the first things the police did was go through her home looking for anything and everything. Diaries, letters, mail, computer, iPad… they bagged up half the house. They also took her hairbrush, toothbrush and make up bag.
I'm sorry for your loss

Unfortunately, it seems with missing persons cases it's an awful coin-toss for the family: Heads you're totally forgotten about and one of the thousands of missing persons cases the world largely ignores, tails you get the media circus whether you like it or not. There's no such thing as a family-friendly media circus, unfortunately.

A heartbreaking end to the search for Nicola, RIP. It might have been thought to be a good thing that the media got so involved in the case at the beginning, ensuring public awareness, potential witnesses, dashcam etc. With no evidence that NB was in the river, hope of finding her had to be kept alive. Unfortunately, it all became a runaway train, completely out of control. A steep learning curve of how social media as well as impacts on such events now.
I hope the family get privacy now.

I agree, somethingwilldo. Their ire is understandable but perhaps waiting until NB is laid to rest might have been more prudent. Like the police press conference the other day, it was a lashing out.

Those poor kids. I can't imagine breaking it to them.

Leaving it until after the funeral might mean having to put up with another couple of weeks of unwanted text messages, calls etc at the one time you really don’t need that kind of extra stress.

Love and healing thoughts to Nicola’s family, especially her daughters.

Those of us who have followed or read about similar cases of disappearances near rivers know how possible it is to be lost to the water, to be found much later on or never found at all. It doesn’t take much research. Libby Squire and her story will forever hold a sad place in my heart.

From the outset, the thing that scared me the most was the amount of comments here and on social media almost wishing Nicola to be a victim of foul play ! Serving nothing more than their own nosiness and imaginations. Shameful.

Love and healing thoughts to Nicola’s family, especially her daughters.

Those of us who have followed or read about similar cases of disappearances near rivers know how possible it is to be lost to the water, to be found much later on or never found at all. It doesn’t take much research. Libby Squire and her story will forever hold a sad place in my heart.

From the outset, the thing that scared me the most was the amount of comments here and on social media almost wishing Nicola to be a victim of foul play ! Serving nothing more than their own nosiness and imaginations. Shameful.
Not a good example as Libby Squires WAS the victim of foul play.

Sky news and ITV (and the rest of the press) getting a well deserved telling off from the family!

Edited to say: I’m not sure “telling off” are the right words to use, but I can’t quite think of the words now. The family statement was very emotional.

RIP Nikki
The “Telling off” was edited out of ITVs coverage of the presser.

Leaving it until after the funeral might mean having to put up with another couple of weeks of unwanted text messages, calls etc at the one time you really don’t need that kind of extra stress.

Yes their message is loud and clear! Although they will have been through a sort of grief the last 3 weeks, I should imagine that will feel 10 fold now. They deserve and need time to process in whatever way they need to and ultimately privately.

Explanation on earlier post. It’s time and tested family police press routine. This is the night Mr Ansell needs to pay a short tribute, to appear in tomo paper followed by longer, more poignant family ones in the week. It will all have been organized with prearranged people. These systems have been honed over the years to stop victims being hassled by all the papers at once. IMO, it would have looked bad if Mr Ansell wasn’t given opportunity to express his sorrow at this time. It will be the lead Interest. When a world lead, celeb national treasure dies, they don’t say oh leave out any tribute. We’ll say something some other time. mr Ansell is being awarded the same courtesy.

Or not.

RIP Nicola

Could not feel more sadness for her daughters, it will be a long time they’ll live without their Mum & so many stages she’ll be so acutely missed. No one will be able to replace her. Just devastating.
Speaking as someone who’s lived a long time without their Mum. And for her parents, dealing with out-living their own child is horrendous as I saw with my grandparents. My heart breaks for them.

Does anyone know, does a full post mortem happen automatically to determine cause of
death even if police do not feel it’s suspicious.

Feels important to find out for her girls safety & that of other female (or male I guess) walkers in the area.

I didn’t think she had left of her own accord or that it was an insurance scam but kind of hoped it as much better outcome than this.

DM Headline

Revealed: 'Psychic' who found body in the hunt for Nicola Bulley as he tells how he had been using his 'gift' to try and help in the search for the missing mother-of-two - as cops say they need more time to confirm ID​

How it should read

Revealed: 'Charlatan' who found body in the hunt for Nicola Bulley as he tells how he had been using his 'eyes' to try and help in the search for the missing mother-of-two - as cops say they need more time to confirm ID​

I think is very unfair. Many mediums have been instructed by the police in the past and have been accurate.

Not a good example as Libby Squires WAS the victim of foul play.
I beg to differ ! Libby was in a river, searched extensively over periods of time (as was the Wyre) and not found there.

Only being found by chance 7 weeks later having making her way through the River Hull through a busy city and almost lost to the North Sea.

I’m not sure how a murder victim’s body behaves differently in water to that of a victim of an accident/other types of scenarios ?

Last edited:
unoyWell-said. Would be lovely if people wanting to bring stuff would instead find out if they could contribute to a fund for something Nicola would have valued for the town of St Michael's.

Well-said. Would be lovely if people wanting to bring stuff would instead find out if they could contribute to a fund for something Nicola would have valued for the town of St Michael's.
Or for the family - some of whom have had outrageous aspersions against them. There are 2 little girls to care for now.

Well this has been my first experience of Websleuths and before baling out I'd like to express my appreciation to the moderators who have IMO done a great job in trying to keep the forum professional and factual. It cannot have been easy so give yourselves a pat on the back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awb1903