Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she did fall (I still can’t decide where I’m leaning) I wonder if rather than going towards the waters edge to chase Willow she was actually facing the tree looking for willow stepped back for a better view and lost her footing or underestimated how close to the slope she was. JMO

Which part of the bank is sloping in the photo? I don't see anything to hold onto, do you?

Is 'no current or flow' fact or a guess?

View attachment 399418

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...skip-mum-entered-its-fifth-day-4008800?page=3

That's a good photo to get perspective, that doesn't look that easy to climb out of if you went in but on the flip side not steep enough to roll down if you collapsed and quite flat at the waters edge so unlikely to slip in.

"I asked the Sergeant from Fleetwood a few days ago, 'is there any chance of her being taken' and she said 'I don't think that's the case'. I said 'how can you know that?', it's such an isolated area, the only way that has happened is if it was someone who knew her."

Hi everyone, barging in with little prior reading of threads so I apologise for the silly question but what has been ascertained in terms of her call? She was on mute or some such and no one in meeting heard any sounds of distress? She didn’t say anything?

Hi everyone, barging in with little prior reading of threads so I apologise for the silly question but what has been ascertained in terms of her call? She was on mute or some such and no one in meeting heard any sounds of distress? She didn’t say anything?
Police find 'key witness' who may help them locate Nicola Bulley

"the director of Exclusively Mortgages, said Ms Bulley had logged onto a team meeting at 9.01am. 'It seems as if she was muted and didn't have her camera on. She was listening in whilst walking her dog."

Just my musings, I wonder what info is on her phone from that morning.
I know my phone has a health area which shows number of steps per day, speed, how evenly I walk(?!) number or flights of stairs climbed. I didn’t even purposefully have this on, it was only when I was searching on my phone I came across it. I’m sure some tech pro could also interrogate the phone more or obtain more data that the regular person could see.anyway just my thoughts as I can’t think of much else at the moment other than poor Nicola and her family.

My musings. If she was on a Teams call with the video and mic muted the likely hood is that she would have been using ear phones especially if one hand would have hold of the dog lead. I then feel she would have sat on the bench with the dog off the lead and listened to the call.

Looking at the design of the bench I can’t understand how the phone would have ended up behind the bench as it has a high back.
If she went to get the dog ( assuming it was in trouble) she would have pulled out the ear phones,if wired versions, and left them connected to the phone. Then maybe dropped the lead she was holding as she moved away from the bench.
If she was wearing airpod type headphones this may be different but either way they could also allow someone to approach her from behind the bench possibly unannounced? Would like to know more about how she listened into the call

My musings. If she was on a Teams call with the video and mic muted the likely hood is that she would have been using ear phones especially if one hand would have hold of the dog lead. I then feel she would have sat on the bench with the dog off the lead and listened to the call.

Looking at the design of the bench I can’t understand how the phone would have ended up behind the bench as it has a high back.
If she went to get the dog ( assuming it was in trouble) she would have pulled out the ear phones,if wired versions, and left them connected to the phone. Then maybe dropped the lead she was holding as she moved away from the bench.
If she was wearing airpod type headphones this may be different but either way they could also allow someone to approach her from behind the bench possibly unannounced? Would like to know more about how she listened into the call
Ten key mysteries in search for missing dog walker who vanished near river

In this article from the 1st February NB is shown to be wearing hard wired headphones.

Oh was the phone behind the bench? I must have missed that. I thought it was found in front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just on the dog/harness. If she slipped and panicked willow, was said to be agitated' it's quite possible she could have slipped her harness. My dog can slip his in a panic
It might depend on whether the harness was fully done up, or was unclipped, which would indicate whether Willow slipped out of it or if it had been physically removed. The lead would surely have to be attached to the harness to enable the dog leverage to slip the harness...weren't the two parts found separately? I haven't seen any comment or statement that really sheds light on or confirms this aspect

I really don't think she has gone in the water. If that was the case it doesn't make sense for her dog not to have followed, if it was a seasoned swimmer, to try and help. The dog was apparently dry.

<modsnip - sleuthing non-POI> Her parents looked after the children the night before so she could go on zoom call. <modsnip> NB took the children to school <modsnip> Just wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drowning is possible even in low water levels - particularly in cold water with additional cold water shock and gasping.

If you rolled down the bank and your face hit the water you could still inhale a gulp of cold water leading to vocal
Cord spasm

Here is a link to a medical article on the mechanism of drowning Drowning: Background, Etiology, Epidemiology

After initial breath holding, when the victim's airway lies below the liquid's surface, an involuntary period of laryngospasm is triggered by the presence of liquid in the oropharynx or larynx. At this time, the victim is unable to breathe in air, causing oxygen depletion and carbon dioxide retention. As the oxygen tension in blood drops further, laryngospasm releases, and the victim gasps, hyperventilates, possibly aspirating variable amounts of liquid. This leads to further hypoxemia.

IMO people underestimate the risks of especially cold but outdoor water in general.
Yes but managing to roll down a bank without leaving a trace and then drown in cold but not freezing knee high water when she likely need only to sit up to be above it and reach an arm over to grab the bank - and yet have the current be strong deep enough to hide the body for a week from intensive air, land and water search teams that knew where she 'went in' within an hour...

Nothings impossible, but it's a lot less probable than when we were picturing a deep fast flowing river with eroded banks and nasty currents.

‘No sign of fall’ near river as parents of missing Inskip mother fear she was taken

No updates from police on Wednesday. Not even to say whether the potential eyewitness they identified had been helpful or not.

Hope we hear something more today. Police are being cagey with the details.
This story is now becoming a major news item and police need to clarify the circumstances with a detailed press conference outlining exactly what they know about in order to end the media inaccuracies which is becoming a distraction. There have been some great questions on this thread which if answered would paint a very different picture of her last known movements.

Only just joining the thread so apologies ..but although the obvious would be the water ...the dog being dry and no one seeing or hearing anything is odd

Was the phone definitely behind the bench? Could she have chased Willow into the woods rather than towards the river? Or put her hands up to grab something behind her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305