Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idle speculation:

Looking at Google maps/Earth - in the slightly more overgrown area between the weir and the bench there are tracks that look like vehicle tracks of some kind, yet there is no apparent vehicle access.

Could they be quad bike tracks maybe? Do we know how they were made and/or accessed by whatever made them?

Is the river fordable with a quad bike? I'm thinking there may be access off Hall Lane, down behind the church and then down to the river where there seems to be a sandbank so might be shallower.

Being what, exactly?
My own feeling is that this involves foul play and she isn’t in the river. Although I acknowledge a tragic accident is always possible.
Events leading up to Friday morning that are possibly not usual.
Meets boss on Thursday evening. According to an earlier thread the boss drove a good distance from Keighley area to Hardang for a face to face with Nicola. The nature of the company .. selling mortgages etc tells me this is slightly out the ordinary ( although that’s my own assumption). As soon as she gets home she asks parents to stay on for a while as she has important zoom meeting.
She emails boss between 8 and 9 next morning. A flurry of activity that may or may not be normal. Parents say she appears very upbeat. All of this could be entirely unrelated to her disappearance but on the other hand she sells mortgages to members of the public. She’s a very attractive lady and no doubt has to spend time with clients getting paperwork signed. I am saying the flurry of activity and then immediate disappearing catches my attention. That’s all and it’s Jmo!

I think people are maybe forgetting what was actually said in the Presser:

....Therefore, the time that we are particularly interested in is between 9:10 - the last confirmed sighting and at 9:20, when Nicola's phone was found on the bench... sorry, not found on the bench, Nicola's phone was on the bench believed to be on the bench found at around 9:33. The witness made numerous enquiries to try and find the owner of the phone, not knowing whose phone it was and, indeed, whose dog it was. That lead the witness to meet up with other people, who did recognise the dog as Nicola's ...

She didn't just abandon the dog. Obviously, she hung around and asked other walkers if they recognised it. Ergo this '90 minute window' is not accurate.
I was referring to a window for a potential perp to leave the area, not NB.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is completely disappointed in pf's approach to the situation. Police say don't speculate etc and his initial interview was speculation. At least visit the area in question and give a fair statement. I did find him undermining indeed. Yup the pf show indeed.

My own feeling is that this involves foul play and she isn’t in the river. Although I acknowledge a tragic accident is always possible.
Meets boss on Thursday evening. According to an earlier thread the boss drove a good distance from Keighley area to Hardang for a face to face with Nicola. The nature of the company .. selling mortgages etc tells me this is slightly out the ordinary ( although that’s my own assumption). As soon as she gets home she asks parents to stay on for a while as she has important zoom meeting.
She emails boss between 8 and 9 next morning. A flurry of activity that may or may not be normal. Parents say she appears very upbeat. All of this could be entirely unrelated to her disappearance but on the other hand she sells mortgages to members of the public. She’s a very attractive lady and no doubt has to spend time with clients getting paperwork signed. I am saying the flurry of activity and then immediate disappearing catches my attention. That’s all and it’s Jmo!
Hardang appears to be in Iran. Can you check to see if you mean Garstang ?

And yet.....

8:53 a.m. - She sent an e-mail to her boss on her phone.
9:01 a.m. - She joined a team's work call. All of this was normal behaviour for Nicola. This was not out of the ordinary and nothing different or unusual happened during those calls and e-mails.
9:10 a.m. - She was seen in the upper field. The dog was off the lead, again, this was normal. The dog was not in it's harness and the lead wasn't on the dog, which was all part of Nicola's daily routine.

Source

Don't understand the following:

1) why are the police seemingly confident that she drowned, and therefore no one else involved? Is this a red herring to extract a perpetrator?

2) How come she still hasn't been found if she supposedly fell in the water?

3) Why the focus on the 10 minute window when anything could have happened after then? School was apparently told she had gone missing at 10.50am, nearly an hour and a half after her phone was found?

4) Given the "early" reporting of her missing, was a search executed immediately?

5) Was it a fast tide river?

6) How come no screams were heard?

7) Was the dog distressed? My dog howls whenever my partner goes into the river or sea to swim?

She was on a Teams meeting, but had switched off the camera and sound, is that correct? Is that normal practice for her to do that?
Why would she do that?
My husband does it all the time. It means he isnt disturbing the meeting with noises around him, and he can also focus on what he is doing eg driving, or walking the dog as the case me be. Q's arent always directed at him and if there is he'll come off to address. Truth is, conference calls arent always taken sat behind your desk. Just imagine that call was not on mute-perhaps there'd be some answers.

It's a shame that the new equipment they're using wasn't used on day 1. But of course resource and cost comes in to it, I know. Just think if they had that from day 1 and a second deployment as far up as possible on the river way beyond, and then both work in towards each other, they'd have covered the entire area she could possibly be in.

Do we know how far up the river they have already searched to?
I’m sure the river police have some kind of filtering nets they can place in the river to trap debris etc, including of course a body. So, just working out the speed flow and by knowing the direction, I wonder if they could’ve placed a filter type net further up/down river soon after they suspected she’d fallen in?

Obviously, the outcome would have still been that she’d drowned, if in fact she did, but at least they’d have found her sooner and put her family out of some of their misery wonderland where she was.

From the LE press conference:

"The witness made numerous enquiries to try and find the owner of the phone, not knowing whose phone it was and, indeed, whose dog it was. That lead the witness to meet up with other people, who did recognise the dog as Nicola's and the school to which Nicola's children go was alerted at 10:50, as was her family."

Do we know where the witness made these enquiries? Is it still correct that they had an appointment to attend as previously reported and so left the dog tied up or did they stay with the dog whilst those enquiries were made?

I give up with this guy.
Im so happy others are beginning to get a similar feeling with regards to this chap. I hope more than anything he's able to get answers for the family, but the way he's conducted himself wouldn't have me queueing to use his services in future.

Im sure he's extremely good at what he does, but I go get the sense he was happy to throw shade at the other SAR teams without knowing the info. The fact he was surprised by the murkiness of the water when he arrived for example. Has he not been watching the news reports showing almost solid brown water being searched? You'd have thought he'd have checked something so simple before saying he'd find the body in under a day.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I believe someone who knew who the dog belonged to made their way over relatively quickly after the first person made enquiries.

Last edited by a moderator:
My initial gut feel about the email, text message and logging onto Teams was that it was designed as an alibi of sorts and she'd voluntarily disappeared but the reports of her apparent mental state made me question that hypothesis. And leaving her young girls is unlikely. Also Willow would be an issue.

Could possibly have been done if she was in cahoots with the businesswoman at 9:33 but it's pretty thin.

From the LE press conference:

"The witness made numerous enquiries to try and find the owner of the phone, not knowing whose phone it was and, indeed, whose dog it was. That lead the witness to meet up with other people, who did recognise the dog as Nicola's and the school to which Nicola's children go was alerted at 10:50, as was her family."

Do we know where the witness made these enquiries? Is it still correct that they had an appointment to attend as previously reported and so left the dog tied up or did they stay with the dog whilst those enquiries were made?

Where the witness made the enquiries has not been clarified by the police and there have been many conflicting reports in the press about the details between the intial sighting at 9.35, how many people were involved in looking at the phone and subsequently alerting the school/family as far as I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member