Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was foul play here and Nicola was removed from the scene (where ever the actual incident took place) and parted from her dog, then it was probably as a living person. I am theorising that she went semi willingly and with her dog, maybe to sign papers / have a private conversation/ sit in a car and talk. But I think then something goes drastically wrong and the perp brings back the dog etc.
I don’t think for one minute she would have been persuaded to leave Willow alone.

Are there places where the river is wider and can be more easily crossed, ie by wading? Is it possible that NB could have crossed the river, or been taken across the river, and this is why there is no evidence of her leaving the area?
I wondered this, there is an area near the upper field where the river looks shallower, and it’s not deep at the mo either, Sandy bank and sandy bottom that looks like this may be possible, a quad bike could get cross at points it’s so shallow and that would not being uncommon in a farming area.

There is also a small parking area by the upperfield and rowan water.

A car or a farm vehicle is a good hiding place, one that’s normally there say, they would not necessarily be seen as unusual on CCTV

Did his team search from the bench to the weir yesterday or only downstream of the weir?

EDIT: Just seen BBC segment, seems not but has faith police divers covered that extensively on the day

He seems to be saying

1. He thinks it's likely if she got over the weir, she'd be found quickly on the tidal flats

2. She should have been found pretty much where she apparently went in

3. They can't assume she went in at the bench, therefore search upriver to eliminate everything. e.g. maybe someone found her phone and left it on the bench - a long shot IMO

I have read an eyewitness account which says that the phone initially was found under the tree behind the bench.

She went on to say, the dog walker spotted Willow as she came through a gate onto the towpath but became suspicious when she saw the harness and lead on the floor. A man then came through behind her with his dog and spotted the phone.
"The gent has looked on the floor and two feet from the bench there’s a phone," she said. "I think she’s either been faffing about at the edge of the river because the dog’s been smelling fishing bait and she’s slipped or she’s had a medical episode."

That’s quite a distance from the river edge and changes things surely. That smacks more of getting surprised at the gate and dropping phone doesn’t it? With the bench in the way of you and the river bank.

Hasn't this guy completely covered himself? First of all he doesn't think Nicola's in the river, then he's as sure as the police that she is, now he doesn't think she is again and if he doesn't find her today then he's sure she's not in there...?

Like I get there are still a bunch of possibilities to search through. But he has changed his mind every single day he's spoken. That's not only harrowing for the family, but also creating so much confusion re: the case in general.
I would hope because he is staying with some of NB family members he has communicated exactly what his thoughts are to them personally.This would probably negate the media circus around his public appearances.IMO

I have lived by a river most of my life and what PF is saying about how easy it is to locate a drowned bodies does not tally up with how drowning incidents have panned out here. And that's with most of the time people witnessing exactly where the person got in trouble and 999/help being summoned very quickly. I don't know what to think as he's constantly changing what he says/his opinion and is very forthright/100% convinced in those opinions only to change to the complete opposite hours later.

What would be the equivalent of his search team here that worked the river by me in such circumstances just got on with things and never voiced anything publically let alone their theories and expected outcome with such certainly. IMO, It's really just adding to the social media circus, he needs to just get on with it, professinally work with the police and stop all the media courting for the sake of the case and Nicola and her family/loved ones.
Same here where I live. Big river with another merging in down stream. Always takes weeks for missing persons to be found and that’s with weirs and ox bows thrown into the mix. I don’t understand this talk of hours and days.

2. She should have been found pretty much where she apparently went in
He hasn't been tasked with searching that area with his sonar - only downstream at the moment.

IMO this is very embarrassing for Lancs Police - they have made some wide-ranging statements of fact with no evidence and now they have a contractor doing their job, also making statements of fact.

Again, IMO the caravan site is a key area here - where are the sniffer dogs? As another user has said, have they been through every room in every area nearby the scene?

That’s quite a distance from the river edge and changes things surely. That smacks more of getting surprised at the gate and dropping phone doesn’t it? With the bench in the way of you and the river bank.
That's what I think too. I've never quite been able to understand why NB might have been right on the edge of the riverbank, even with a dog involved. You can call a dog back to you, surely, and not have to go right to the edge. The more this all goes on, the more I think she was never in the river. I've thought that from day one. Some very strange stuff going on. JMO.

Why did PA check ivy dene building before meeting at the village hall for the search ?
This is a good call nobody seems to know why he went for the building, there must have been a reason for it. I have a feeling it is another one of the anomalies we may never know but just adds to the whole mystery of the case overall.IMO

If there was foul play here and Nicola was removed from the scene (where ever the actual incident took place) and parted from her dog, then it was probably as a living person. I am theorising that she went semi willingly and with her dog, maybe to sign papers / have a private conversation/ sit in a car and talk. But I think then something goes drastically wrong and the perp brings back the dog etc.
I don’t think for one minute she would have been persuaded to leave Willow alone.
Could someone have got her attention behind the gate so she closed the gate over on Willow she was then abducted but the person had no idea she didnt have her phone on her possession until they went back for the dog? Bit out there but possible I think

That's what I think too. I've never quite been able to understand why NB might have been right on the edge of the riverbank, even with a dog involved. You can call a dog back to you, surely, and not have to go right to the edge. The more this all goes on, the more I think she was never in the river. I've thought that from day one. Some very strange stuff going on. JMO.
Depends on recall - with this type of dog - if it's found a scent/something interesting, there's a high chance it wont come back on command immediately.

IMO there are many reasons she may have approached the river and fell in - it's hardly that rare. Certainly seems less of a stretch than other scenarios.

He hasn't been tasked with searching that area with his sonar - only downstream at the moment.

IMO this is very embarrassing for Lancs Police - they have made some wide-ranging statements of fact with no evidence and now they have a contractor doing their job, also making statements of fact.

Again, IMO the caravan site is a key area here - where are the sniffer dogs? As another user has said, have they been through every room in every area nearby the scene?
The caravan parks raises massive red flags for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim