Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the great detail.

JMO I believe most modern Mercedes keys ‘go to sleep’ if they are inactive for 30 seconds to prevent thieves from ‘listening’ for them and cloning the signal (for example from outside someone’s house) They ‘wake up’ again when moved or moving and the car will unlock when they are close.

The main reason I'm not so certain about the theory is the phone. If I was going to go to the weir, I would not leave my phone behind. I'd be scared that someone would steal it! The only reason I'd leave it is it was a true emergency. I can't think of a true emergency Nicola could have had there. The only one would be that the dog was about to fall in the water but we know that didn't happen because the dog was dry.
But I've left my phone on the river bank, along with other belongings, when my son's called me over to look at something in the water. I think we need to accept that in life there are nuances and idiosyncrasies and all sorts of distractions and motivations. Everything isn't in absolutes, like people often want to think when discussing on here.

There are areas that are not covered on camera.
Also the CCTV at the back of the caravan park wasn't working. So that's 2 areas right there where she could have left the park.

The police searched thoroughly? Have they been through every room in that abandoned/empty house on the other side of the river? And searched tha garden with sniffer dogs?

What about those 2 caravan parks? I don't recall hearing about those being searched thoroughly. Going around asking a few caravan owners 'Did you see anything?' isn't pro-actively searching and being 100% sure she's not there.
Lancashire Constabulary - Missing Nicola Bulley - latest update

All of this was covered yesterday in the latest police update.

There is only one entrance now that they are looking at for CCTV/Dashcam footage and it is the way she came in on.

The house across from the bench has been subject to a search.

All empty caravans have been searched and exits from these parks they are satisfied that NB didnt come past any cameras they have looked at.

The link below gives you a walking video detailing the route NB took up until the bench and the gate where most of the discussion has taken place about. hope this useful. IMO

Inside 45 minutes before Nicola Bulley vanished on her favourite path

But I've left my phone on the river bank, along with other belongings, when my son's called me over to look at something in the water. I think we need to accept that in life there are nuances and idiosyncrasies and all sorts of distractions and motivations. Everything isn't in absolutes, like people often want to think when discussing on here.
Also, assuming the phone was on loudspeaker, I would be far more likely to lay it down than put it in my pocket - which would muffle the sound - particularly if I was just dealing with something quickly before intending to resume listening into the call.

There are many odd details in this case, but the phone on bench is, IMO, not one of them.

Sorry but Mark WT used to mean a lot to me - his documentary about that missing case was so interesting on NF. But the MM case he covered proved nowt. Always great at chipping in …

Yeahhh I don't have kids or a dog, but there are absolutely times where I would leave my phone on the side and go and do something else. And yes, in public! Even in London. And no I've never had my phone stolen either but I've honestly done that plenty of times if it's just for a moment. Nicola leaving her phone on the bench (especially in a rural location) does not mean she got up for an emergency imo.

could they do DNA on phone to see if anyone else other than Nicola handled it that morning, would not be definitive either way though I guess .....cant believe there is still no trace :(

what are the chances of a person floating 13 miles all the way out to sea? surely would have snagged and stayed at the turns or at least items of clothing and what not. Too sad to contemplate no recovery

I feel like we have no evidence she fell into the river and no evidence she didn't. Either way could be possible.
I feel they’re looking in the entirely wrong place and the phone is a distraction and is drawing people to a place where she perhaps never was (we have no evidence she was there at all). I note from a previous article that her husband went off to look at an ‘abandoned house’ himself before a search meeting at the village hall. What was the significance of this place (Between the village hall and the llama farm?). why search there When it’s no where near… I’ve looked at the Google maps to see & it appears to be industrial / maybe farm type area, I couldn’t tell if there was a lake area, maybe police need to widen their search area if her partner felt that was a necessary / suitable place to search and they need to also look round there?

Attachments

• 90D08DA9-CCD3-4AD1-BEB7-D0302FC5058E.jpeg
    90D08DA9-CCD3-4AD1-BEB7-D0302FC5058E.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 73
Peter Faulding on BBC Breakfast was interesting. He said:

- Typically, in a drowning, bodies don’t move far from where they went into the water. He would have expected Nicola to be within a few metres of the bench area, if that’s where she went in and is really surprised she wasn’t found there, if she’s in the water

- This is one of the most baffling cases he’s seen in 20 odd years (can’t remember exact number)

- He posited the idea of the phone possibly being placed on the bench as a decoy, and considers this a valid option if he doesn’t find Nicola with his further searches today

1. Do we know if Nicola was actually seen on the Zoom meeting with her work that morning or did she log in with just a profile picture? And if using a profile picture, did she talk at all? My hubby has some Zoom meetings that are listening only for him, so he doesn't show himself, just his profile pic, and doesn't talk at all.
2. Is there definitive proof that she was at the park? I know we have "witnesses" but are they 100% positive it was Nicola they saw? I know her phone and dog were there, but 100% proof Nicola was?
I wondered this especially as the wife of one witness who’d said they’d seen her (in a newspaper article) said she’d always recognise her when she saw her as she was dressed smartly and in her bobble hat. Nicola wasn’t wearing her hat so if any descriptions of her to police involve a hat then they could be a case of mistaken ID…

Also, assuming the phone was on loudspeaker, I would be far more likely to lay it down than put it in my pocket - which would muffle the sound - particularly if I was just dealing with something quickly before intending to resume listening into the call.

There are many odd details in this case, but the phone on bench is, IMO, not one of them.
I think it’s odd when there’s conflicting information as to how it ended up on the bench and where it was found or by whom … could suggest she’s walking along and snatched and drops her stuff from her hands in a struggle perhaps rather than sat on a bench llistening to a meeting and goes to water and falls in …

We will never know exactly what happened, but my guess is NB was making her way down the bank to the water for some reason. In this case, you definitely would not want the phone in your hand, the bank is steep enough you would want your hands free in case you slipped. And you would not want the phone in your pocket in case it muffled the call (there has been a suggestion that she listened to conference calls on speaker mode) or to ensure a clear data signal etc. Plus its a quiet rural location, and evidently no one else was around.

If you are about to do something even slightly risky that could result in you ending up in water, pretty much the first thing anyone would do immediately before this is put their phone somewhere safe. It's almost instinctive. To me, phone being found on the bench is totally consistent with NB taking a risk by clambering down the bank for something and then falling. Misadventure IMO.

Hasn't this guy completely covered himself? First of all he doesn't think Nicola's in the river, then he's as sure as the police that she is, now he doesn't think she is again and if he doesn't find her today then he's sure she's not in there...?

Like I get there are still a bunch of possibilities to search through. But he has changed his mind every single day he's spoken. That's not only harrowing for the family, but also creating so much confusion re: the case in general.

I feel they’re looking in the entirely wrong place and the phone is a distraction and is drawing people to a place where she perhaps never was (we have no evidence she was there at all). I note from a previous article that her husband went off to look at an ‘abandoned house’ himself before a search meeting at the village hall. What was the significance of this place (Between the village hall and the llama farm?). why search there When it’s no where near… I’ve looked at the Google maps to see & it appears to be industrial / maybe farm type area, I couldn’t tell if there was a lake area, maybe police need to widen their search area if her partner felt that was a necessary / suitable place to search and they need to also look round there?

Attachments

• CFAEE71A-9FC0-4922-BF6C-D126E670D337.jpeg
    CFAEE71A-9FC0-4922-BF6C-D126E670D337.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 85
We will never know exactly what happened, but my guess is NB was making her way down the bank to the water for some reason. In this case, you definitely would not want the phone in your hand, the bank is steep enough you would want your hands free in case you slipped. And you would not want the phone in your pocket in case it muffled the call (there has been a suggestion that she listened to conference calls on speaker mode) or to ensure a clear data signal etc. Plus its a quiet rural location, and evidently no one else was around.

If you are about to do something even slightly risky that could result in you ending up in water, pretty much the first thing anyone would do immediately before this is put their phone somewhere safe. It's almost instinctive. To me, phone being found on the bench is totally consistent with NB taking a risk by clambering down the bank for something and then falling. Misadventure IMO.
except if the reports are correct, then it wasn’t found on the bench. It was on the floor so it doesn’t corroborate a sitting on the bench theory at all…

I wondered this especially as the wife of one witness who’d said they’d seen her (in a newspaper article) said she’d always recognise her when she saw her as she was dressed smartly and in her bobble hat. Nicola wasn’t wearing her hat so if any descriptions of her to police involve a hat then they could be a case of mistaken ID…
I was thinking the same thing - are the witnesses absolutely sure they saw her? From a distance it is easy to think you see someone you know, but when you get closer you realise you are totally mistaken. The fact she was not wearing a bobble hat is worrying, if this is what the witness saw (I am not sure if they did see this - I am just wondering).

Also the phone on the bench issue, I too sometimes put my phone down next to me when handsfree. I almost left it behind on one occasion in an enclosed shopping area - I got up, walked a few yards and then realised I hadn't got my phone so turned and retrieved it. So it could have been left behind accidentally and maybe Nicola did not go in the water in that area, if in fact she went in the water at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong