Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but, has Willow been taken back to the site since?

There is zero point speculating about Willow’s reaction. No one knows this dog. Using breed characteristics is pointless, humanising the dog is pointless. Unless Willow had been put into this position previously no one can say with certainty how willow would have reacted and therefore her ‘part’ in this.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...arance-and-appeal-for-dashcam-footage-4014687
5 mins 15 secs
"at 9.33 a witness found Nicola's dog willow, running between the gate of the field and the bench where the phone was located"

Aerial view showing these locations
I’d like to know which gate to which field as if the kissing gate and bench it’s not much of a distance for a dog to run in

From the information we have, Nicola could have disappeared any time after approximately 9.10. In my opinion they must have some information that suggests Nicola disappeared (probably into the water) between 9.20 and 9.30. I can only think that this comes from the Fitbit/phone.
Yep, I agree. Phone data shows phone activity near the bench at 0920ish. It may or may not have been in her possession at that point.

From the information we have, Nicola could have disappeared any time after approximately 9.10. In my opinion they must have some information that suggests Nicola disappeared (probably into the water) between 9.20 and 9.30. I can only think that this comes from the Fitbit/phone.
The police have no information from the Fitbit it and not synced with the phone for 4 days.

They have given that 10 min window because they say she was seen at 9:10, they believe she was at the bench at 9:20 because of phone gps, and someone found the dog around 9:30 with no sign of Nicola

There is zero point speculating about Willow’s reaction. No one knows this dog. Using breed characteristics is pointless, humanising the dog is pointless. Unless Willow had been put into this position previously no one can say with certainty how willow would have reacted and therefore her ‘part’ in this.
The point is, for the reasons you point out, an abductor wouldn't be able to predict the dog's reaction.

It goes to the weir and from there I believe there is wide (ie vehicle) access up across the river path to Allotment Lane. This exit has been ruled out by police (CCTV coverage most likely).

I wonder if there is a fordable part of the river upstream from the the weir which could have been used by NB or an abductor but it's hard to tell from aerial maps so is just idle speculation JMO

With regards to a fordable part of the river. In this screenshot does it not look like there are 2 sets of parallel tracks around the field beyond the stile going down towards the river and similar in the field opposite?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230207_140947_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230207_140947_Maps.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 65
This is a truly baffling case - given that Nicola has not been found in the river. The expert who has been brought in has suggested that if she is not found in the river, then a third party must be involved in her disappearance. Clearly, a third party need not necessarily be malign. Some people do walk away from their lives for a lot of different reasons. Sometimes other people help them to do that. My thoughts are with her family and friends. I hope she is found alive and safe.

It's interesting how relatively easy they were able to climb out. Discounting instantly being overcome with shock you'd expect some evidence on the bank if someone fell and attempted to climb out

In the video of the divers if you look the one who has come out of the water is helped out by two other people. One other diver standing further up with a safety line and another beside him assisting him to get out of the water.

I don't think it would be at all easy for someone dressed in winter clothing to get out of there.

Also remember that it is in the job description and training for divers to be able to get out of water. Plus they are wearing diving suits so will not have the cold water shock.

I'm pretty sure if I went in there (48 year old reasonably fit male who can swim) I would not be getting back out without assistance.

MOD NOTE:

Thread is open. That was a lot.

Websleuths has the same rules we've always had. Fact-based, links required, rudeness not tolerated. If you found yourself having posts removed, please review the rules linked below this post. They're the same rules we've always had, and they work for us and our many, many members.

Wonder why LE won't reveal source of identification of 700 vehicles through village? Press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288