Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible for a verbatim transcript of the most recent press conference to be created?

Another setback for Nicola's family as they appeal for help to 'get her home': 'Lady in red' who police hoped might hold crucial information tells officers she DIDN’T see the missing mother-of-two walking her dog before she vanished a week ago​

8DBD7C0F-74B5-4506-BCCA-530295C92008.jpeg
So who’s the fellow dog walker at 08:50 am ? I assumed that was the woman in the red coat ?

Does anyone know if they’ve stopped the water search for today, or still out there?
Not sure of the specifics on diving teams but Sally Riley did say that the team are routinely working after dark

(Makes sense though because we know they were out at Hambleton at the Shard Bridge last night over a false alarm)

It’s great that Nicolas story is being talked about and that people are aware but sometimes it takes SO long for drowning victims to be found. I really don’t get the media circus and confusion around this?

I come from a city in the UK that has sadly lost many people to its river….it can be weeks/months/years before they are found.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s right to go through the whole story and evidence to look for other clues but common things are common and sadly a person lost near a body of water ‘generally’ tends to eventually lead to the obvious and very sad conclusion.

The police have been consistent and clear; they believe she had fallen in at the bench. Others on this site are suggesting the police could even potentially digitally trace her into the water through a connection to her phone that was on the bench.

Libby Squire
I thought about that case. But can’t remember how quick the searches for her were in the rivers on day 1, or if PF’s tech was used?

Has there been a case with a river search as extensive as this one? It seems they’ve done as much as they can.

I have take the statement "had been in the river" to mean they are thinking she is now nearer to the sea? JMO.
Also, I seem to remember the two female witnesses, (yellow coat and red coat) had stated they had already given statements to LE and were puzzled why there was then a public appeal using photos of them? Does anyone else remember that, sorry can't find a link. If this is the case, why would LE issue the appeal after they had obviously spoken with them? Would appreciate anyone else's thinking on this?

I think this will be because the dog harness which was found on the river bank was wet. This would be because the owner had gone down to the edge to get it, slipped into the water accidentally then thrown the harness onto the bank so as to be able to use both hands to get out of the River.

Very sadly, IMO, this attempt to get out was not successful.

It's awful but IMO she is in the deep hole part of the River somewhere. There is a fair chance that sonar is not the answer for this. I don't care how much the computer kit cost it is how well it works in reality that matters rather than the dollar value.

(Edit for typo)
Do you have a link for the wet harness Mr X please?

What I don’t quite understand is the talk of this case being particularly “baffling” and that she should have been found by now if she were in the river and that after X days the body should float…

…and yet it seems very common for people who have drowned in rivers, and canals even, not to be recovered for numerous weeks.

So what makes this case different? Is it because there’s such a strong indication of the location should would have fallen in, and that the search started quickly? Or is it really not that different to other cases where it has been difficult to recover a body and talk of it being “baffling” are exaggerated?
Libby Squire took 7 weeks to show up downstream...

Who is the witness at 08:50am when the two dogs briefly interacted ??

It’s great that Nicolas story is being talked about and that people are aware but sometimes it takes SO long for drowning victims to be found. I really don’t get the media circus and confusion around this?

I come from a city in the UK that has sadly lost many people to its river….it can be weeks/months/years before they are found.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s right to go through the whole story and evidence to look for other clues but common things are common and sadly a person lost near a body of water ‘generally’ tends to eventually lead to the obvious and very sad conclusion.

I find this odd as I live in London and the Thames is a fast-flowing tidal monster of a river and I can’t think offhand of any cases of people falling in and not being found. We have cases of bodies washed up that no-one can identify.

Yes, I don't understand either. York, for instance, has had many people drown in the Ouse. Megan Roberts was not found for five weeks despite knowing where she went in. Very sad story.

Sorry if it’s been said already but couldn’t they tell anything from looking at Fitbit heart rate info, I mean if they could access it, if it increased a lot around that time it could indicate a struggle in the water??

I think for that level of data, it would need to be connected and synced to the phone, which hadn’t happened since the previous Tuesday.

I'd love to but I'm a terribly slow typist. One finger in fact. I fear it would take me a few days rather than hours but much obliged for the suggestion.
Thanks for the summary though will read as soon as.

With regards to a fordable part of the river. In this screenshot does it not look like there are 2 sets of parallel tracks around the field beyond the stile going down towards the river and similar in the field opposite?
Yes, which is why i was speculating about a quad bike being able to cross the river where the tracks fade out - there is a sandbank there which would imply the river is shallower and there is a tree line on the other bank leading down there, so maybe there is a path up to the church and out onto the road.

This was before I saw there was vehicular access to the weir from Allotment Lane which is likely where these tracks come from. Most likely quad bike imo.

Do you have a link for the wet harness Mr X please?
No.

I should apologise here. I am new to this forum and I failed to add IMO after the statement. I have no knowledge about this whatsoever and my suggestion the dog harness may have been in the River was speculation.

Sorry if it appeared to be factual. I did not intend this and will be more careful in future posts.

Thanks for flagging this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member