Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is suspicious about a red van as opposed to any other vehicle parked in the area that day? Genuinely puzzled as to its relevance.
Maybe it was unfamiliar/ there at the same time she went missing/ a mobile home / just stuck out as strange ……
If you had seen a red tatty unfamiliar vehicle hanging around at the same time someone disappeared it is likely you might report it… given all the publicity

Is witness A the 70 year old man with the white dog? From what I remember his wife stated I think to the Mirror that there were 3 people in the field including her husband. I don't recall it being stated that his wife was there too so who was the third person - the 70 year old man, NB and ? Or have I just got this completely mixed up? These witnesses are utterly confusing.
Caravan park owner, I think

The police and PF seem to have concluded that Nicola would have fallen in and essentially drowned, fairly quickly in or very near to the point she landed. This looks like they think she fell in near to the bench. But her friends have emphasised that she’s a very strong swimmer. So she could have fallen in, tried to get to the bank, but failed, so swam and went with the tide further down the river, hoping to find a place where she could climb out. It’s what I’d do.

This link is a paywall, but the headline explains about her friends saying she’s a good swimmer.

If this was the case, unfortunately she doesn’t seem to have managed to get out, but this could very easily explain why she wasn’t found in the area in which it is believed she fell. Unless she was unconscious when she fell or became unconscious in the river (maybe hitting her head on rocks), I’m not sure I’d assume she essentially died on the spot. I think she’s got more fight in her than people give her credit for.

JMO MOO

I keep going around in circles with my thinking but keep coming back to the most logical explanation regarding placement of the phone/harness being that NB stopped before exiting the field to put Willow back on her harness.

The family confirmed it was normal to take the harness off and put back on near the gate in the first field. NB would have to put her phone down to do this as she would need both hands. If she was on loud speaker (which family have also confirmed was normal for NB) then she wouldn't put it in her pocket as she wouldn't be able to hear the meeting so the bench would be the obvious place.

I feel that up until this point it had been a very normal day/walk for her. I know there aren't any witnesses to confirm NB was back at the bench but that is the way she would need to walk to return to her car parked near/at the school

Whatever happened after that is still a mystery to me due to the media circus and different reporting of witness statements etc.

I don't know if NB ended up in the river by accident or something more sinister but I do think it happened at this point in her walk and just hope she is found shortly for her partner and poor little girls sake. MOO IMO

No one seems to be considering that Nicola might actually have committed suicide...

<modsnip: no links to information stated as fact> The police seem absolutely certain she in the water and hinted at the press conference they have more evidence that points to that... could she have taken a load of pills with her from the house that morning? Left a suicide note or sent a text ?

Seems the Police know exactly why she's in the river, just with holding that evidence back from the public snd media for whatever reason
For the sake of the family I damned well hope not... I know of a family where the Sister ended her life leaving behind two very very young children.. The family have never recovered from it and it has coloured all their lives. There is a reason they call it a "Special Scar". It will never heal and remain a whisper through the generations. I hope to God that is not the case.

What is suspicious about a red van as opposed to any other vehicle parked in the area that day? Genuinely puzzled as to its relevance.
The person who reported it seemed to think it looked suspicious and not
The person who reported it seemed to think it looked suspicious and not familiar in the village

This case, and the frezy around it, is reminding me of Teresa Halbach and Wisconsin (e.g. with local residents getting hounded in person by dark tourists).

We had a high profile missing person (later confirmed murder) in my neighbourhood a few years ago and it wasn't like this. There was a lot of sensitivity around it. All very respectful really.

"If we do not locate our missing person in the initial phase, we want to know whether that body will refloat, and what the timeframe for this is. In the event that a body is not found during this stage, it may travel and eventually submerge, which will reduce the chances of discovery through search processes."

Evening all, (Sorry if this has been posted previously, I haven't been able to keep up!)

I'm just having a look over the maps again and I'm just wondering if the lake at Rowanwater has been searched at all? She was seen right by it in the upperfield (marked 3 on this map).

I know there is CCTV but it may not cover it all?

The police and PF seem to have concluded that Nicola would have fallen in and essentially drowned, fairly quickly in or very near to the point she landed. This looks like they think she fell in near to the bench. But her friends have emphasised that she’s a very strong swimmer. So she could have fallen in, tried to get to the bank, but failed, so swam and went with the tide further down the river, hoping to find a place where she could climb out. It’s what I’d do.

This link is a paywall, but the headline explains about her friends saying she’s a good swimmer.

If this was the case, unfortunately she doesn’t seem to have managed to get out, but this could very easily explain why she wasn’t found in the area in which it is believed she fell. Unless she was unconscious when she fell or became unconscious in the river (maybe hitting her head on rocks), I’m not sure I’d assume she essentially died on the spot. I think she’s got more fight in her than people give her credit for.

JMO MOO
Fair point but doubt even a strong swimmer would get very far in all that gear.

Evening all, (Sorry if this has been posted previously, I haven't been able to keep up!)

I'm just having a look over the maps again and I'm just wondering if the lake at Rowanwater has been searched at all? She was seen right by it in the upperfield (marked 3 on this map).

I know there is CCTV but it may not cover it all?

It was stated by police that they don't believe NB left the field through Rowanwater or by the land adjoining, there is no reason to believe she would be in the lake at the mobile home park.

My opinion is that NB falling in the river is not the cause of this tragic incident. I agree with PFs opinion that NB is not in the river he's an expert. The river bends so much in places and so many obstructions and miles away from the ocean. It's been very sunny and visible. No sign of keys, wallet , clothimg, jewelry, or screaming. The first thing I find extremely odd is the dog collar. Why is the dog collar off. If it was just the leash I understand. Why would any dog walker or owner remove a collar while out on a country side walk (assuming NB did). Secondly why would phone be left on the bench ? Even if a dog toy fell in river why put phone on bench when logged in a business call - first rule in financial services is not to leave work accessible equipment lying around. Secondly no one is going for a swim in this cold. If it was a dog toy it would be a toy that could float because otherwise why go after it? If it can float where is the toy? To put phone on bench to get something in river implies you likely chance going into the river especially when she has pockets. If it was going to be a hard task why not log off the call? (NB family would recognise a toy. I agree with PF a full land search of area is necessary.

Surely all the gear, I.e. modern fabrics, would be fairly water repellant and make her more buoyant to begin with, padded knee length jacket etc. If cold water shock caused unconsciousness then she could well have been carried fairly quickly across the weir into the tidal part of the river. I believe the tide was incoming during the morning so could have been carried fairly quickly during the first 24hrs down the river, albeit this goes against popular theories.

Can anyone explain the 9.20 sighting on the Lancashire police website? I thought it was a mistake on their more recent article and report it but they still haven’t taken it down. Supposedly a sighting on the river path towards Garstang road, at the same time her phone is on the bench?

The 70 year old witnesses description of NB in a bobble hat. I had focussed on the “always thought” but could it be she was wearing a hat when he saw her? She clearly left the house not wearing it but did she put it on later?
I still think we need dash cam footage of her travelling from school to the bridge certainly to help jog the memory of other drivers.
I also find myself wondering if NB would regularly let Willow off the lead and out of her harness in that area with other dog owners keeping their pets on the lead. This may have brought NB into contact with the campsite owner frequently if Willow ended up on her land.

Looking at the maps it appears the path back to the campsite ( and Allotment Lane) wouldn’t take you through the white gate. It appears to turn off sooner but I may be mistaken?
I understood the owner was returning to the campsite for an appointment.

What was the involvement of the male dog walker who shortly arrived at the bench?

Let’s not forget smart phones also have health apps as standard so information concerning number of steps/running would be taken that morning.

Would be interesting to know the rest of the phones location/steps data. I know it jumps around a bit but eliminating glitches they would be able to see when NB stopped or veered off track. On a cold day I’d think she would most likely keep walking so any time she stopped either on the way to the fields or in them could indicate an interaction with someone, and could see if she chased after Willow for some reason etc.

I didn’t specify a distance. PF only searched a small area, in relation to the length of the river. There is/was clearly an assumption that she hadn’t travelled far, because dead bodies sink.

Live bodies don’t.

My opinion is that NB falling in the river is not the cause of this tragic incident. I agree with PFs opinion that NB is not in the river he's an expert. The river bends so much in places and so many obstructions and miles away from the ocean. It's been very sunny and visible. No sign of keys, wallet , clothimg, jewelry, or screaming. The first thing I find extremely odd is the dog collar. Why is the dog collar off. If it was just the leash I understand. Why would any dog walker or owner remove a collar while out on a country side walk (assuming NB did). Secondly why would phone be left on the bench ? Even if a dog toy fell in river why put phone on bench when logged in a business call - first rule in financial services is not to leave work accessible equipment lying around. Secondly no one is going for a swim in this cold. If it was a dog toy it would be a toy that could float because otherwise why go after it? If it can float where is the toy? To put phone on bench to get something in river implies you likely chance going into the river especially when she has pockets. If it was going to be a hard task why not log off the call? (NB family would recognise a toy. I agree with PF a full land search of area is necessary.

I can only assume they take the harness off incase it gets soaked when the dog goes for a swim. Leaving the phone on the bench as she is on call and loudspeaker, putting it in her pocket would potentially end the call or muffle the sound.

The dogs harness was off, as has been stated in the media as usual for NB on that walk. I have never seen mention of the collar being off too, the harness and lead were the items spotted near the bench.

There has also not been confirmation of Willow having a toy on the walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23