Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe PF got involved after the family requested it so you obviously have to respect their wishes. Why could he not have gone quietly about his work? All the approbrium that is landing on his head is to my mind because of his grandstanding.

Is this the same person who didn’t know who’s dog or phone and had to go to an appointment? Why is this so confusing? I’m finding it hard to keep track of who said what and when….
Yes it is the same person. She probably first spoke to the press at first in a conversational way without realising how it would be read in print. People often talk conversationally in a that doesn’t get factual information across exactly right. They aren’t lying, people just don’t talk like that in day to day life and most people don’t even realise it. (I used to see this all the time in a past job.)

Edited to fix typos, on my phone hard to type!

It's important to remember he has a business to run, any press is good publicity in terms of getting his name and company known. The circumstances are unfortunate but ultimately he's there to do a job.
No such thing as bad publicity. I get that but when said publicity is associated to a public failure I don't see how that helps his business model.

It may possibly be this jacket, which the logo looks like it will match taking into account the quality of the footage. IMO.

Unless she has multiple jackets from the same brand, it’s likely to be this one:

More comments from PF

- Some reeds past the weir where a body could get lodged and can't pick up on sonar but not many and confident she's not there

- River slightly higher on the day (a foot higher) so a remote possibility that a body could go over the weir but threw a large stick at the corner and watched it for 20 minutes and the stick didn't move

- Area below the bank lots of rocks at the edge so it is possible to get a footing (perhaps 3 foot deep on the day)

- Down from the weir where it gets tidal their boat actually grounded so they had to stop and lift the dinghy out
If this is factual and you have a link it would be good to see it.

I made an earlier post asking if it was possible to walk across the river by foot between the footbridge and the bench. This post may suggest it is possible. I have attached some screen shots of where I thought it looked possible. With sources included .

My line of thinking relates to other possible exits which may not be covered by cctv.

For example -: a gate in between Blackpool ln footbridge and the parish church or other gates down at hall lane.

Google maps

Attachments

• 1BDA92A6-DDE2-4ECA-917E-CC081A656FCC.jpeg
    1BDA92A6-DDE2-4ECA-917E-CC081A656FCC.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 4A4AA048-006C-4F82-BB3F-229C5EC9C42E.jpeg
    4A4AA048-006C-4F82-BB3F-229C5EC9C42E.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 35
Couldn't it just be a natural reaction? To keep hope alive?

If it was my partner/loved one I really wouldn't want to conclude that they'd fallen into a notorious stretch of river in those temperatures. Just cause I realise the outcome might be fatal.

( I'd prefer to cling onto hope that they might have voluntarily gone missing or be held alive somewhere. Even that is better than a fatal outcome)
Yip I agree with you, if you don’t have hope what have you got? IMO it almost felt like matter of fact the family/friends were saying NB is not in that river, but they know NB so that’s probably all they had, no evidence, so clinging onto hope!

She was at least identified by her business in this Telegraph article last week.

“The owner of the Wyreside Park Farm caravan site, which police underwater search teams are using as a base, confirmed that she had found Willow and then the mobile phone.

She told The Telegraph: “I saw the dog and recognised the dog. Then I saw the phone and knew there was a problem.”

The businesswoman told her daughter-in-law, who called Paul Ansell, Ms Bulley’s partner. He alerted police.”

Thanks, I did know, but didn't want to trawl through all the posts to find it

Do you know the dog ? You don't know how anyone dog would react, unless it's your own
No, I don't know the dog at all. It just seems incredible to me that it would hang around, agitated, while its owner was being attacked and not approach. Do you honestly think that's a reasonable theory then? I don't have a dog, so I'm making an educated guess. I'm asking sincerely...

Apologies if this question has already been raised, with regard to the lady who was first on the scene, it was she who tied up the dog and then left for an appointment not contacting her daughter in law 'til later? I keep wondering why she wouldn't have taken the contact info off Willow's metallic identity disc that was attached to the harness (as seen in pictures). As I understand it she was out walking, but as a business owner I would have thought she'd have a mobile phone on her and she could have called the owner direct?

As a reminder Nicola is white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair. She speaks with an Essex accent. She was last seen wearing a long, knee length black quilted gilet with a hood. She had a black Engelbert Strauss coat underneath which had long sleeves and came to her waist. She was wearing tight black jeans and had long green walking socks tucked into her jeans. She was wearing size 5 ankle length green wellington boots from Next.

Her hair was tied into a ponytail. She was wearing a pale blue fitbit.
I think her jeans were tucked into her socks

No such thing as bad publicity. I get that but when said publicity is associated to a public failure I don't see how that helps his business model.
His business is searching, not finding, ultimately he has ruled out miles of river where NB is not. He is offering a service in addition to what the Police can do. I'm sure there will always be a disclaimer and never a guarantee. That's why it's called fishing and not catching!

No, I don't know the dog at all. It just seems incredible to me that it would hang around, agitated, while its owner was being attacked and not approach. Do you honestly think that's a reasonable theory then? I don't have a dog, so I'm making an educated guess. I'm asking sincerely...
They will have went over the dog too with a fine toothed comb for forensic evidence I would imagine?

She was at least identified by her business in this Telegraph article last week.

“The owner of the Wyreside Park Farm caravan site, which police underwater search teams are using as a base, confirmed that she had found Willow and then the mobile phone.

She told The Telegraph: “I saw the dog and recognised the dog. Then I saw the phone and knew there was a problem.”

The businesswoman told her daughter-in-law, who called Paul Ansell, Ms Bulley’s partner. He alerted police.”

Is this the same person who didn’t know who’s dog or phone and had to go to an appointment? Why is this so confusing? I’m finding it hard to keep track of who said what and when….
Telegraph: "The alarm was raised when a local business owner found the springer spaniel, called Willow, running free beside the River Wyre in the village of St Michael’s on Wyre more than an hour later. (emphasis mine) She then discovered 45-year-old Ms Bulley's phone, which was still logged in to a conference call, on a bench in the village and recognised her from the family photo used as her background. (emphasis mine) (it's often been reported she recognised the dog but couldn't remember the owner until later speaking with her daughter)

Apologies if this question has already been raised, with regard to the lady who was first on the scene, it was she who tied up the dog and then left for an appointment not contacting her daughter in law 'til later? I keep wondering why she wouldn't have taken the contact info off Willow's metallic identity disc that was attached to the harness (as seen in pictures). As I understand it she was out walking, but as a business owner I would have thought she'd have a mobile phone on her and she could have called the owner direct?
In retrospect it seems odd. She might just have been in a rush, thought owner was off somewhere else chatting etc and just thought another bloody dog loose, I don't have time to deal with this now, I'll get X to check if it's still here in a bit. Not everyone has a mobile to take details on with them, or it might have been a situation that has happened to her before, with the owner appearing a few mins later looking for dog who had dashed off.

His business is searching, not finding, ultimately he has ruled out miles of river where NB is not. He is offering a service in addition to what the Police can do. I'm sure there will always be a disclaimer and never a guarantee. That's why it's called fishing and not catching!
Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members