Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't studied maps but a lot of talk around exit routes and other just occurred to me that there are probably many ways to leave the area without using main paths!? Climb over fences, walk through trees, cross fields. Has this been discussed?
No just roads or known paths for some bizarre reason. there would be many ways to exit there. Main focus has been on bench and river which is major error imo

I am generally surprised there hadn’t been more from work colleagues and her boss given that she had a meeting the evening before, was in a Teams meeting when she vanished etc. They may be maintaining a dignified silence of course, fair play to them. I know her boss made a comment early on that she was muted on the comestibles g call and no camera.
Agree

It all seems a bit “river, that’s it”
My dog I feel wouldn’t jump in as she hates water, save paddling. But I guess we just don’t know how they’d react. I feel she’d bark her head off and panic though.
mine probably the same.

I’d be drowning and flailing about. A passer by could offer her a biscuit and she’d be off! Guess all dogs are different

Yeah I was staggered the entire area wasn't cordoned off, but as the fall and possible drowning was the initial conclusion, they didn't do that. It's a very challenging case, and these people turning up and breaking into properties are completely mad. Must be driving locals mad.

I did think just now though - if she was somehow lured down the path shown on TalkTV (is that Garstang Road somewhere?), by either dishonest or violent means - leaving her dog and her phone would be a good way to indicate she was taken somewhere against her will and suddenly. Perhaps whoever it was had no idea she had a dog or was on a call - this would also help indicate where they approached her - especially if she'd been on speakerphone and not holding the phone at the time.
This is one thing that has always freaked me out about rivers, the way they just presume people fell in. Maybe I think to much haha but its like a murderers dream surely... obv in the majority of cases this does happen but there will be a small minority where perhaps there was more to it. Also, I feel like given the context it should of been treated as a crime scene. In not doing so they have perhaps allowed evidence to be destroyed.

Fitbit has been discussed at great length in previous threads. Fitbit data isn’t stored anywhere but on the wearable device and the app. They can only sync if it’s near the device and we don’t know where NB who was wearing the device to be able to do that.
Are you sure that's correct as they say the device syncs with their servers using various means. That would mean the data is held by them and the police would then have access to when her last step tok place and her last recorded heartbeat. I'd be delighted to be wrong on this and will happily review previous discussions on this if you could point me to the thread number

9:15? Surely you can’t walk two small fields in five minutes and hadn’t she disappeared between 9:10 and 9:20?
Yes exactly and not even that but to then sit down to relax and place your phone on a bench to then accidentally fall over or have a medical emergency and drowned. It doesn't add up

Are you sure that's correct as they say the device syncs with their servers using various means. That would mean the data is held by them and the police would then have access to when her last step tok place and her last recorded heartbeat. I'd be delighted to be wrong on this and will happily review previous discussions on this if you could point me to the thread number

Attachments

• 1E9E6E0F-1097-4086-B7A0-8814CBB5F1BD.png
    1E9E6E0F-1097-4086-B7A0-8814CBB5F1BD.png
    221.3 KB · Views: 39
This is one thing that has always freaked me out about rivers, the way they just presume people fell in. Maybe I think to much haha but its like a murderers dream surely... obv in the majority of cases this does happen but there will be a small minority where perhaps there was more to it. Also, I feel like given the context it should of been treated as a crime scene. In not doing so they have perhaps allowed evidence to be destroyed.

Lancashire Police

@LancsPolice

Replying to
we want to reassure you that we did evidence-gathering work around the bench when Nicola was first reported missing. The tape put up today is simply to keep people away from the water’s edge. This is for the safety of people in the area and should not cause concern.

2:08 PM · Feb 2, 2023·
Views

A question, and sorry if it's a daft one - the one CCTV camera that was out of action and "would have seen everything". If we hypothetically rule out the caravan park owner(s) as a potential perpetrator (assuming foul play has occurred), what would be the likelihood of an outsider knowing that said camera was broken? I'm no CCTV expert and rarely look at the things but am wondering how easy it would be for a chancer to gain this knowledge. Would it need to be visibly broken (e.g. smashed up-looking)? If not, then - again, if foul play has occurred - the perp must be very familiar with caravan park and its owners (again, if we're ruling out the owners themselves as potential suspects).

Fitbits store their data locally on the device until they are synced to your app. They don't upload directly to the cloud so any data is on the device itself until it is synced.

It wouldn’t need to have been synced or connected for LE to know when it left the phone’s bluetooth range.

I did some research on this so will post my opinion on it as the amount of work to give any definitive answers is way too much. Basically bluetooth is a radio connection and the devices do not transmit all the time - rather they are in a passive listening mode. When you activate the controlling paired bluetooth device i,e the phone, by turning on the app, it contacts the device which then becomes actively connected e.g to sync. Otherwise my understanding is the device is simply passive and not connected to the phone at all.

I don't know if the phone or the device occasionally poll each other to see if the device is there.

02c

Lancashire Police
@LancsPolice

Replying to
we want to reassure you that we did evidence-gathering work around the bench when Nicola was first reported missing. The tape put up today is simply to keep people away from the water’s edge. This is for the safety of people in the area and should not cause concern.

2:08 PM · Feb 2, 2023·
Views
Yes around the bench but not the other areas ...

The only other possibility I can think of is if NB had her fitbit set up to receive notifications from her phone.

If a notification even happened - then the phone would contact the device or attempt to

I have this set up for calendar appointments and SMS for example

These photos are all taken in summer. The river is higher at the moment. I would guess several feet more than in the pics. My parents still live there and prior to the last couple of weeks there has been a lot of rain so the outflow from the hills in Bowland has been fairly significant and water levels are relatively high as a result. It is unusual to see stones just upstream from the weir as in these pictures.
That's not quite correct, the river levels are slightly below average according to the river monitoring stations in the area.

Has anyone else noted a possible footpath or very small snicket off the right of Allotment Lane (at the start, when walking away from the bench and toward Garstang Road)? It appears very narrow and snakes behind the back fences of the houses and the front corner of the caravan park and onto a different field. At the end of that field there appears to be a large house and another exit onto Garstang Road and directly across the main road from that exit there is another path along another field.

Maybe I am seeing things! Can someone else check this out on satellite (not sure if allowed to post marked-up Maps, re copyright)

Obviously I'm sure locals are aware of all shortcuts but it does look like a passageway on satellite. Maybe just shadows?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member