Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read some of this document and it’s very interesting. One thing I noticed is that in cases of drowning they pointed this out:

‘Haemorrhages in the soft tissues of the neck – these are occasionally found in victims recovered from water but, when encountered, a forensic pathologist should be consulted as a priority, given the potential significance of the finding in relation to homicidal injury to the neck.’

I wonder if this is one of the reasons a HOFP has been asked to further evaluate the PM?
Very possibly, IMO.

There is so much postulation. There are sooooooooooooo many ways this horrific accident could have happened. I wish we could discuss those details rather than going to suicide, pushing, etc.....

<modsnip>

Wven she knew that menapause eventually goes away. We are giving this common, though understandedly difficult,phenomenon for all women, too much power...............

She loved and was loved.<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Having previously stated my belief that "something untoward" occurred in the vicinity of the bench, for me the two things throwing a monkey wrench into formulating what happened to Nicola are - the phone on the ground, and Willow racing back and forth between the bench and the gate.

Upon reading through so many thoughtful posts on the subject, it is indeed not beyond probability that what occurred was simply an accident. Nicola was placing the harness on Willow and, for whatever reason, something went awry. During what ensued, the phone could have been dropped, or knocked aside. Willow might not even have been aware that Nicola had tumbled into the river. And, because Nicola should have been at the gate at about this time, Willow ran back and forth, expecting to see her, doubtless becoming progressively more agitated when she did not appear.

My reasoning tells me that Nicola did not take her own life. For the sake of her family, I fervently hope this is so, and that there was no other, malevolent, scenario in play.

At this point in time, speculation is redundant. In the best of all possible worlds, we will eventually have answers to most of our questions, and our minds will be settled to at least some positive degree.

God bless Nicola and her family. And all of us too.

There is so much postulation. There are sooooooooooooo many ways this horrific accident could have happened. I wish we could discuss those details rather than going to suicide, pushing, etc.....

In the end.... I just believe in Nicola..... and she would not have put her puppy through this. And she would definitely not have put her little children through this without sorrowful explanation left for them.

Wven she knew that menapause eventually goes away. We are giving this common, though understandedly difficult,phenomenon for all women, too much power...............

She loved and was loved. She would not have done this to her loved ones.
I agree.

In the end.... I just believe in Nicola..... and she would not have put her puppy through this. And she would definitely not have put her little children through this without sorrowful explanation left for them.

Unfortunately some do do it to their loved ones, but definitely not on purpose (IMO). But I don't think they're thinking about them in that moment. One example is tWitch Boss. There were several vids posted days before he died by suicide where they appeared to be a very happy family. Since he was aware of his issues years before, and wanted to be responsible for his family (is how I read into that), but I guess something snaps inside and they aren't thinking straight at that moment. It just seems like they are overwhelmed and powerless to stop themselves. At least that's MHO as I've never been suicidal so can't speak from experience, thank goodness. And he too loved and was very much loved, yet he still did it.

Stephen “tWitch” Boss shared an uplifting message about overcoming hardships five years before he tragically died by suicide.

“I’m 35 years old, I am a father of two, I’m a husband, so it’s just like I have so many lives other than my own that I have to take account for in my choices, my actions, and all of that,” he said at the time.

Not only that but their 9th anniversary was 3 days before. The article below is painting him as happy the days before. It just feels odd if you factor in things listed in the article:

I can't imagine going from as happy as it appears they were, to doing what he did. It just does not make any sense to me, ya know? So I wouldn't be surprised if Nicola did die by suicide, although as we all know, there are other possibilities as well in this case. If so, she must have been fighting some tough demons in order to listen to them over the love for and from her family. It's all very sad.

My speculation at this time and unless LE update and say otherwise --- is that a horrific accident happened.
I'm sorry that NB went through this and such panic and sadness she must have felt, for all she was leaving behind !

If she committed suicide, no judgement at all ; but it makes it more tragic and heartbreaking, as it might mean she was in a dark place where she felt she couldn't escape ?
Those who can't bear to go on, for whatever reason, are victims as well !

Assuming by now that Nicole's family must have been told by LE and the coroner what they believe occurred ?
I hope they can move forward for her kids' sakes, and someday find comfort.
Nicole was dearly loved , and there's nothing that I've read that would indicate otherwise.
Imo.

Having previously stated my belief that "something untoward" occurred in the vicinity of the bench, for me the two things throwing a monkey wrench into formulating what happened to Nicola are - the phone on the ground, and Willow racing back and forth between the bench and the gate.

Upon reading through so many thoughtful posts on the subject, it is indeed not beyond probability that what occurred was simply an accident. Nicola was placing the harness on Willow and, for whatever reason, something went awry. During what ensued, the phone could have been dropped, or knocked aside. Willow might not even have been aware that Nicola had tumbled into the river. And, because Nicola should have been at the gate at about this time, Willow ran back and forth, expecting to see her, doubtless becoming progressively more agitated when she did not appear.

My reasoning tells me that Nicola did not take her own life. For the sake of her family, I fervently hope this is so, and that there was no other, malevolent, scenario in play.

At this point in time, speculation is redundant. In the best of all possible worlds, we will eventually have answers to most of our questions, and our minds will be settled to at least some positive degree.

God bless Nicola and her family. And all of us too.

Originally I was under the impression that the phone was found on the ground but in all the articles I read now they say it was on the bench....color me confused.

Originally I was under the impression that the phone was found on the ground but in all the articles I read now they say it was on the bench....color me confused.
Yes - originally it was reported that the lady caravan park owner had found the phone on the ground -- "somewhere" not necessarily near the bench -- and had picked it up and placed it on the bench. Over time, this report has been distorted into the phone being found on the bench, which is not true . . .

Yes - originally it was reported that the lady caravan park owner had found the phone on the ground -- "somewhere" not necessarily near the bench -- and had picked it up and placed it on the bench. Over time, this report has been distorted into the phone being found on the bench, which is not true . . .
Sorry if this is splitting hairs... but I wish the person had not physically touched the phone.
Just saying.
Imo.

I looked back through posts until blue in the face, and it was categorically stated that the phone was found on the ground about two feet away from the bench. Over time it morphed into "on the bench" - period. I believe in one of the press conferences, it was "by the bench." Seemingly, the placement of the phone is unimportant in the overall scheme of things. To me, there is a difference between the phone being placed on the bench by Nicola in the ordinary course of events, and - landing somewhere on the ground away from her. It's saying something -

Is it likely she had decomposed badly then? :(

My recollection of the NCA Identification guidelines for "Positive Identification" of a body is by primary means: fingerprints, DNA,
dental/odontology, or uniquely numbered surgical implants.

Visual identification is not an accepted method for Positive Identification except in rare circumstances when combined with other secondary means.

Visual identification in isolation is not sufficiently reliable.

oops, was replying to @HelenK

I agree. In one of my theoretical scenarios, if NB was carrying her phone in her hand and walked too close to the bank and simply slipped or tumbled in, I think it's a reasonable reaction to try to toss one's phone (or anything in your hand which would be damaged by falling in the water) up away onto the bank. If it was tossed frisbee-style, ie horizontally flat, it could easily land several yards away, even if not thrown with much force.

I can only hope that the confusion has arisen only in the reporting process, especially since others (potentially multiple others) "found" the phone prior to the police "finding" the phone, and a journalist could easily describe it one way without specifying which instance of "finding" was being referred to. And I likewise hope that LE knows exactly how and where the phone was when the first finder came upon it. MOO

The dog being there just rules out suicide for me. PA referred to Willow as 'the third child'. I don't believe she would have just abandoned the dog. Even in the heat of the moment. I cannot see her just walking away and leaving the dog loose. If the dog was already tied up and safe from harm, maybe. Willow was loose. If it was a planned suicide, I don't think she would have taken the dog at all and made an excuse about having an appointment or needing to go shopping or something and 'I'll take Willow for a walk afterwards'. IF it is suicide I think it would only be the second I have heard where they didn't remove the animals or make sure the animals were looked after.

MOO...A single officer turning up to do a welfare check tells me that there was no haste or rush to attend that property. I dont put much significance on that check. If it had been in a possible emergency situation, then maybe at least two officers would have attended.
I believe the report was two persons went to the home: a police officer and a health worker. Linked a few pages back.

I think it would need to be beyond any doubt for a coroner to say it was suicide. My brother went to a remote outdoor place to end it, and did so by cutting a wrist. Even so, the coroner concluded it was 'self-harm' and not suicide, because there was no conclusive evidence he genuinely intended that outcome. He went to a place he would never have been interrupted or rescued, but left no note and had no history of anything similar, so the conclusion was that he might only have intended injury. Unless there is a smoking gun message otherwise, I reckon this will not be put down to suicide.
I'm sorry for your loss @WestLondoner. What a generous response by the coroner investigating your brother's death. As it should have been. MOO

Since the coroner has already ruled NB's body can be released to her family, I think this a good sign and personnel are probably waiting for toxicology results at this time. A preliminary cause of death should also be known at this time but I think all the scrutiny associated with the investigation will force the coroner to wait until June to share any info with NB's family. Sending wishes for strength and comfort for the dark days ahead to all who loved NB. #Rip NB.

22 Feb 2023

An inquest into the death of Nicola Bulley has been opened by HM Senior Coroner for Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen.

The coroner also ruled that her body could be released for a family funeral.

The Coroner's Investigation will consider how Ms Bulley came by her death.

The investigation will take time to complete to ensure that as complete a picture as possible of the facts concerning Ms Bulley's death is presented at the inquest. This will assist the family in understanding what occurred.

[..]

The inquest has been listed to be heard at 10 AM on 26 June 2023 hours at County Hall, Fishergate, Preston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong