UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it’s ever been reported as her being emotionless during trial, instead there have been that one incident of outburst that implies she’s been pretty stoic and non reacting the rest of the time.

But that would be an assumption, it’s never been explicitly said.

I've not seen it reported she was emotionless...but if she had cried or looked upset they definitely would have reported it

I guess maybe she might have talked more about the pain and difficulties the babies themselves were experiencing. Mostly she spoke about how she felt. Kind of made it about her?

I guess I am comparing her to my daughter's best friend----who works with dogs who are getting chemo treatments. She loses some of the sweet dogs and it is emotionally difficult for her, losing them and dealing with the grieving owners.

But when she does talk about it, she talks about how difficult it is for her to see the dogs in pain and stressed out and being sick. It really troubles her at times, even though it is often a successful process.

So it did seem odd to me that LL never seemed as focused on the babies and used words like rubbish, and was not as sympathetic sounding at times.

I agree ...the text messages did seem to focus on how she was effected...a little on how parents were but not much

I cant recall her saying anything like

"Poor little baby bleeding from the mouth"

Or

"The baby was screaming and distressed it was so awful"

As examples

I can't recall reading that at all. I'm sure it would never be reported as it could only amount to opinion and the press can only report the actual factual occurrences from a court. Giving an opinion would definitely be sub-judice.
She's been reported as crying once. It's not sub judice to report what a defendant is doing, or how they appear emotionally, in the dock. I think from the reporting we can deduce it was unusual and the first and only time during proceedings.

She was visibly upset as she walked towards the exit door before she had a brief, hushed conversation with a woman dock officer.

Still appearing unsettled, she spoke with her solicitor through the glass panel before her barrister, Ben Myers KC, indicated to trial judge Mr Justice James Goss that proceedings could continue, as the trial completed its 16th week before a jury.

The doctor, a registrar at the Countess of Chester Hospital in 2016, continued his evidence screened from the public gallery and the defendant.

Letby listened on as she wiped away tears with a tissue and took a few sips of water.

Lucy Letby breaks down as doctor gives evidence at trial

Being calm and being emotionless are very different things.

I also don't think because it hasn't been mentioned she was upset, doesn't mean she hasn't been. Though I'd agree not to such a dramatic extent as when Dr Choc came in.

Basically, the absence of evidence isn't evidence.

I also don't think because it hasn't been mentioned she was upset, doesn't mean she hasn't been. Though I'd agree not to such a dramatic extent as when Dr Choc came in.

In theory I get you ...but the press always report this stuff they love anything like that ..jmo but I'm 99% convinced she hasn't cried at any other time

Until that emotional outburst, there was never a report of her showing strong emotion before that incident. And there were about 20 accounts and descriptions of those gruesome accusations, some with testimony from grieving family members and former co-workers, and no mention of her being emotionally upset---until this recent incident.

Thank you so much. Fantastic summary.

1) Dr Dewi Evans has previously been chastised by a judge in a separate case for apparently not being impartial

Separate case? As in, not LL case? What happened?
See link below

Some posters have posited that being an only child may have affected LL adversely. Maybe. But I, and many of you I am sure, have known plenty of only "children" who are genuine and lovely people without a stain on their characters.

'The doctor said: "I can't have you walking back in the dark after a rubbish day, mini needlestick and an A&E faint."'

Anyone medical know what he could mean by 'mini needlestick'?

Layman here, seems you either get stuck by a needle or not?

So no reporters in court today? Or are they not sitting?

'The doctor said: "I can't have you walking back in the dark after a rubbish day, mini needlestick and an A&E faint."'

Anyone medical know what he could mean by 'mini needlestick'?

Layman here, seems you either get stuck by a needle or not?

I would guess the injury was superficial rather than deep.

Some posters have posited that being an only child may have affected LL adversely. Maybe. But I, and many of you I am sure, have known plenty of only "children" who are genuine and lovely people without a stain on their characters.

I'm an only child, as is my son, and I am truly sick & tired of all the negativity, to be frank. I'm also that terrible thing, a loner, and not very emotional. But I gave the best possible care I could to all the babies in my care and their parents. Never murdered or injured any patients as far as I remember.

Do you think we are seeing all texts about the babies in her care? Am I right in thinking these are ones brought forward by the prosecution?

I'm an only child, as is my son, and I am truly sick & tired of all the negativity, to be frank. I'm also that terrible thing, a loner, and not very emotional. But I gave the best possible care I could to all the babies in my care and their parents. Never murdered or injured any patients as far as I remember.

I don't think there's any general negativity on here towards only chidlren, but in this case people are trying to think up reasons why, if guilty, LL seems to target certain babies. We've also had theories about older parents or IVF and there's nothing negative about those either.

I would guess the injury was superficial rather than deep.

Do you think it could mean that the injury wasn't visible?

What would protocol usually be for a needlestick? Is an urgent trip to A&E standard practice?

What's the risk from a needlestick from a newborn baby's needle?

Does this suggest they were worried about the baby having an infection of some kind?

Do you think it could mean that the injury wasn't visible?

What would protocol usually be for a needlestick? Is an urgent trip to A&E standard practice?

What's the risk from a needlestick from a newborn baby's needle?

Does this suggest they were worried about the baby having an infection of some kind?

It's routine to screen a recipient of an injury from a "contaminated" needle, as a precaution. It doesn't necessarily mean you think the patient is infected, you just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle