UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the rest of Donoghue's tweets from yesterday:

Dan O'Donoghue

Ben Myers KC is now cross examining Dr Bohin

In cross examination, Mr Myers quoted Dr Bohin's report on Child P in which she had noted there was "unacceptable delays" in the treatment of a pneumothorax, which is a collection of air outside the lung.

Dr Bohin agreed that "questions need to be asked of the clinicians involved" in Child P's ventilation strategy.

Mr Myers also pointed out that Dr Bohin had noted an "unusual" starting dose of adrenaline given to Child P on the morning of 24 June. Dr Bohin acknowledges that the dose was high, but she repeats her belief that neither the pneumothorax nor adrenaline caused his collapse

Mr Myers asks about a 'very high' lactate reading Child P had on June 24 and whether the double dose of adrenaline contributed. Dr Bohin said it was 'impossible to establish the contribution that the adrenaline infusion made'

On the injection of air, Mr Myers puts it to Dr Bohin that this something she has 'come up with to support the allegation' - she says 'no it’s not'

Court has now adjourned, jury back in Monday. Wrap of today’s evidence

Strange tbh looking at the drawings. All of the pics I’ve seen of her in a personal way were of a very young lady yet the court sketches portray her imo as looking way way more mature. Always wondered how an artist can portray that. I know she is 32 33 now but big difference.

Is 33 considered a 'very young lady' ? I am sure she looks less angelic and young and pretty nowadays, sitting in court hearing these testimonies.

The drawings are not going to show an upbeat, happy looking young lady.

Strange tbh looking at the drawings. All of the pics I’ve seen of her in a personal way were of a very young lady yet the court sketches portray her imo as looking way way more mature. Always wondered how an artist can portray that. I know she is 32 33 now but big difference.

I think the trial has probably aged her

Probably doesn't help that a lot of the reports are using publicity shots from the NNU fundraising campaign , which were taken ten years ago!

Here's the original hospital newsletter with pic from 2013

Most of the pics they’ll have pulled from FB will be early to mid 20s. She 33 now.

Plus, the court artists need to draw from memory from outside the court, so I’d take their sketches with a pinch of salt.

I can only imagine what the court artists would draw me like. In my mind I’m still in my teens, for sure I wouldn’t recognise the hag they’d draw, haha.

I am very curious about Mr Myers' decision to revisit the matter of child O's liver trauma today. Was he really expecting Dr Evans to say 'oh yes, now you've shown me that video of CPR, and asked me again, I do remember it happens sometimes'. Perhaps trying to override expert opinion, and play to the lack of medical experience of the jurors understanding where the internal organs are?

15th March cross-exam -

Baby allegedly murdered by nurse Lucy Letby was injected with air,...

"Mr Myers said: “I suggest that vigorous chest compressions can cause or are capable of causing internal injuries to the liver.”

Dr Evans replied: “I have never seen it.”

Fellow expert witness, neonatologist Dr Sandie Bohin, said she too had never seen liver damage from CPR."

Lucy Letby: Baby triplet died after trauma to liver, jury told

"Dr Evans ruled out CPR being a cause for the liver bleed, saying that the chest compressions needed by Child O on 23 June were "carried out by experienced doctors" and "doesn't get near the liver"."

Baby killed with injection of air by nurse Letby, medical expert says

"My feeling was that what came first was the liver haematoma, the liver trauma. 'We've heard from the local medical team about the resuscitation they carried out, but the chest compressions didn't get near the liver'. Dr Evans told Nick Johnson KC, prosecuting, he had invited police to ask an expert pathologist to view the available evidence 'and to ask whether, in the pathologist's view, it was likely to be the result of trauma'."

Then today Mr Myers went back to it, in the middle of child P's case -

Chester Standard -

"Mr Myers is first asking about the efforts to save Child P's brother Child O, about damage to the liver. Mr Myers asks if this could come as a result of chest compressions. Dr Evans says if the compressions are done properly, this would not be the case. A video is shown to the court showing the correct procedure on providing chest compressions to an infant.
Mr Myers again asks if it is possible for damage to be caused to the liver by several minutes of 'vigorous' chest compressions. Dr Evans says he has never seen it in his experience.
"

Tweets

"Mr Myers is first dealing with a matter from last week's evidence on Child O. The lawyer suggested to Dr Evans that injury found to Child O's liver post-mortem could have been caused in resuscitation attempts, the doctor refutes that this is possible with professional medics

Court is currently being shown an X-ray of Child O and Dr Evans is pointing out to the jury where the liver is - he says 'if you are an experienced CPR neonatal doctor' you know where to place thumb/finger to carry out resus

Mr Myers says it's 'entirely possible in the course of vigorous chest compressions over several minutes that the liver can sustain damage' Dr Evans says 'I've never seen it'"
You have to wonder if he is going to bring out an expert to say it's perfectly possible, because otherwise he's just repeatedly putting liver trauma back in the mind of the jury

The Court drawings are not photos.

In fact, her facial features are off mark.

E.g.
In the drawing, her chin looks rounded and feminine but the reality is opposite.
The lips look thin, but the reality again is different.

But the artist captured the facial expressions/mood excellently IMO.

The faraway, distant look.
Almost whimsical smile.

JMO

The Court drawings are not photos.

In fact, her facial features are off mark.

E.g.
In the drawing, her chin looks rounded and feminine but the reality is opposite.
The lips look thin, but the reality again is different.

But the artist captured the facial expressions/mood excellently IMO.

The faraway, distant look.
Almost whimsical smile.

JMO
I wonder why they bother, to be honest. The drawings are pretty rubbish, and it seems completely pointless anyway.

But the pics from the hospital fundraising article, and from Lucy’s Facebook, are all from when she was early to mid 20’s.

There is a huge difference in the appearance of a mid 20’s and early 30’s woman. That’s normal. On top of that, guilty or innocent, she’s had seven long years of stress. It’s not surprising that she’s no longer fresh faced at 33, no make up or styling, and accused of being a serial baby killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88