UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t imagine what these parents are feeling and going through; all of the parents in the trial in fact- the jury too. This is quite a harrowing heartbreaking read.

Extensive liver injury seen typically by road accidents, or abuse (whether accidental or not), it was not normal.

Extensive air

The description of his report is quite disturbing and if guilty, I truly hope justice will be found for these families :(
Guilty or innocent, LL's parents must be in a living nightmare. I cannot even imagine having a grown child on trial for such vile accusations. It must be so devastating for them. :(

That really does seem to be the case, doesn't it? The testimony from Dr. M really underscores how cruel these alleged assaults were. They seem designed to inflict the greatest amount of pain.

JMO.
And the fact that, allegedly, the defendant attacked the same little baby 2 or 3 times in a row, sometimes within hours. So a baby would have a total collapse, be brought back from brink of death, and then hours later is attacked again. And then again....

I actually feel the most sorry for the parents whose babies were severely brain damaged and/or paralysed. It is enough of a devastating tragedy for those who lost their babies, but some parents are caring for babies who are in life long pain and need constant medical care and will never improve. It is so terribly sad.

That really does seem to be the case, doesn't it? The testimony from Dr. M really underscores how cruel these alleged assaults were. They seem designed to inflict the greatest amount of pain.

JMO.
And the fact that, allegedly, the defendant attacked the same little baby 2 or 3 times in a row, sometimes within hours. So a baby would have a total collapse, be brought back from brink of death, and then hours later is attacked again. And then again....

I actually feel the most sorry for the parents whose babies were severely brain damaged and/or paralysed. It is enough of a devastating tragedy for those who lost their babies, but some parents are caring for babies who are in life long pain and need constant medical care and will never improve. It is so terribly sad.

I'm always impressed when people can operate at these levels in multiple languages. Greek, Swedish and English!
My ex of 17 years, or thereabouts, was Swedish who became a journo on British newspapers. Respect to her for that, not withstanding, well....stuff!

Current other half - who I sincerely hope will stick around forever - is Greek......well half Greek/half Scottish.

Small World!
They didnt say for sure it was jealousy but when Dr NiceGuy left LL, after Baby P was ok, and went to the tea room with the female doctor, he was crash called back by LL before the kettle had even boiled.
Thing that intreges me; if she's guilty, and IF the motivation for all of this (even if only in part) is getting attention from eligible single male doctors then why the need to go to such extremes?

She's not unattractive, she seems not to be particularly objectionable, personality-wise, as from her FB pics she seems to have plenty of friends; she seems to be very financially responsible (owned her own house); seems generally level-headed, etc.

Young women of that profile rarely have problems finding partners. Feels to me like she could have rinsed this guy if she chose to - why the need to cause all this unnecessary drama?

All MOO only, obviously.

Yes I'm interested to know if and when he started doubting her. Her reaction in court (if it wasn't jsut done to manipulate him) suggested that she may have been shocked or upset that he was behind a screen, so maybe he supported her for a while even after she was taken off the floor.
JMO or just my hunch, maybe she assumed he was going to vouch for her, or like I said yesterday, maybe they DID have some relationship.

If guilty, she'd allegedly attempted to kill siblings before,with the twin cases, but never been "successful". She knew about the triplets before she was even back on the ward and mentioned that she'd probably be back with a bang. So, if guilty she may have planned to target the triplets as soon as she heard about them, and yes maybe planned to target all three.

IF guilty, IMO etc
JMO, not even an opinion really, just some thoughts I just had.
Could LL have been a twin or tripelet herself and she was the only survivor, I say this as her parents are a little older, maybe they had fertility help, and LL is jealous when multiple births survive? and alternately could she have been wanting a ababy herself and was jealous of the parents?
JMO and if guilty

My ex of 17 years, or thereabouts, was Swedish who became a journo on British newspapers. Respect to her for that, not withstanding, well....stuff!

Current other half - who I sincerely hope will stick around forever - is Greek......well half Greek/half Scottish.

Small World!
Thing that intreges me; if she's guilty, and IF the motivation for all of this (even if only in part) is getting attention from eligible single male doctors then why the need to go to such extremes?

She's not unattractive, she seems not to be particularly objectionable, personality-wise, as from her FB pics she seems to have plenty of friends; she seems to be very financially responsible (owned her own house); seems generally level-headed, etc.

Young women of that profile rarely have problems finding partners. Feels to me like she could have rinsed this guy if she chose to - why the need to cause all this unnecessary drama?

All MOO only, obviously.
I don't think it is about getting 'normal' attention from eligible doctors. I think it is more of a compulsion about needing extreme attention ----not for finding boyfriends---but for being a martyr, or a victim, and a selfless caretaker

Wanting to be seen as a selfless warrior caretaker, whose patients collapse in spite of her valiant efforts, ending in chaos and shared grief. JMO

Didn’t her neighbours say she had a man coming and going from her house a lot..

Wild speculation but I wonder if it’s Dr Choc. That they stayed close, maybe he believed her that she wasn’t involved.

Might explain the dramatic scene in court when he started giving evidence.

JMO.
I posted much the same (I had not seen your post).
I do think there was more going on between them than what we are privy to
JMO

"The infant died partly due to an 'impact-type' internal liver injury - discovered after his death.

Jurors were shown post-mortem examination photographs which showed two separate sites of bruising, as well as areas of a blood clot."

I'm wondering, if guilty, whether the liver injury may have been due to LL aggressively trying to hide the bloating in some way? Or frantically inflicting some other trauma and accidentally slipping and hitting his abdomen? It seems very different to her usual modus operandi. Or of course she could have just hit him impulsively as a new method of titillation for herself (if guilty).

I'm wondering, if guilty, whether the liver injury may have been due to LL aggressively trying to hide the bloating in some way? Or frantically inflicting some other trauma and accidentally slipping and hitting his abdomen? It seems very different to her usual modus operandi. Or of course she could have just hit him impulsively as a new method of titillation for herself (if guilty).
Interesting. if guilty, I thought the liver injury was initiated to cause internal bleeding. So that when the inevitable resus occured as a result of the air embolism, it looked like the health care professionals had done it themselves through breaking the ribs.
I'm certain that if the defendant is guilty, it would be necessary for her to employ a range of techniques to evade her appearing responsible for unexplained deaths.

JMO, not even an opinion really, just some thoughts I just had.
Could LL have been a twin or tripelet herself and she was the only survivor, I say this as her parents are a little older, maybe they had fertility help, and LL is jealous when multiple births survive? and alternately could she have been wanting a ababy herself and was jealous of the parents?
JMO and if guilty
I know this has been speculated but I doubt we'll ever know the answer to any of this.

It's only half correct to say that her parents are older; her mum would have been about 30 when she was born. There's 17 years between her parents according to the reporting so her dad around 47. A bit older on her dad's part but not excessively so, I don't think.

I'm not convinced of the theory that she was jealous of wanting a baby herself, she was early 20s, hardworking, attractive, financially responsible, apparently normally social and seemingly had a doctor interested in her. Not hard to get a family if she chose to.

All, if guilty, MOO, obviously.

I posted much the same (I had not seen your post).
I do think there was more going on between them than what we are privy to
JMO
I definitely think so. The offer of his car to use is the thing that makes me think that. Also, I'm not convinced that her breakdown in court when he said his name was all for effect. That was genuine, I think.

I definitely think so. The offer of his car to use is the thing that makes me think that. Also, I'm not convinced that her breakdown in court when he said his name was all for effect. That was genuine, I think.
I think it was a genuine reaction on her part too. It appeared as if she had an emotional reaction upon realising who he was.

If guilty, we may hear more of the backstory, eventually.

I think it was a genuine reaction on her part too. It appeared as if she had an emotional reaction upon realising who he was.

If guilty, we may hear more of the backstory, eventually.
Colour me doubtful :rolleyes:

She made quite a show out of it.

If she had cried silently he would have never realized as he didn't see her due to a screen.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads