UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would there be any sensible reasons as to why a patient record sheet would be found at her home?
Stuck it in your pocket and forgot to bung it in the confidential waste bin before going home I would imagine.
It's described as a "handover sheet". That's not something that would be filed in the medical record, normally, but more of a communication sheet between shifts.

2m ago15:39

Letby searched for victims' families on Facebook after alleged attacks​

It was to be more than three years after Child A's death before Lucy Letby was arrested and interviewed.
In her first interview, Letby told police she had wondered at the time "whether the bag of fluid was not what we thought it was".
Prosecuting, Nick Johnson KC describes this as an "interesting turn of phrase" given that experts "have concluded that the poisoner put the insulin in the fluid bags" given to Child F and Child L.
Letby claimed she had asked for fluids to be kept from the bags "to be checked".
"There is no record of her having made such a request," says Mr Johnson.
Police later questioned Letby about why she had tracked the families of her alleged victims on Facebook.
"Lucy Letby's interest in the families of the children who we say she attacked is another feature of the case which we will see as the evidence emerges," he says.
"We suggest it is an unusual interest and we will see that on occasions she searched in quick succession for several of the families of children's names who appear on this indictment."

Lucy Letby trial - live: 'Baby A' died 90 minutes after 'poisoner' nurse came on shift, jury hears

I wonder if she was looking at the Facebook pages to see the reactions of the families/loved ones to the deaths?

Be interesting to hear more about this

Would be interested to know how common it is for a nurse to have signed the blood gas records for a patient who isn't their designated patient. I'm not a medical professional but personally it wouldn't appear too odd to me as the nurses work in a team. That's just my speculation though.

Would be interested to know how common it is for a nurse to have signed the blood gas records for a patient who isn't their designated patient. I'm not a medical professional but personally it wouldn't appear too odd to me as the nurses work in a team. That's just my speculation though.
It sounds perfectly plausible, to be honest. You're just signing to confirm a fact, after all. Indeed, it would seem unlikely that you'd sign the sheet of a patient you weren't allocated to if you intended to murder them in a few minutes. Good way of bringing attention to yourself.

It sounds perfectly plausible, to be honest. You're just signing to confirm a fact, after all. Indeed, it would seem unlikely that you'd sign the sheet of a patient you weren't allocated to if you intended to murder them in a few minutes. Good way of bringing attention to yourself.

I think they are mentioning the blood gases because its likely they were taken via an arterial line. And the arterial line is where air could be injected into the bloodstream.
The baby collapsed shortly after LL doing the blood gas

I think they are mentioning the blood gases because its likely they were taken via an arterial line. And the arterial line is where air could be injected into the bloodstream.
The baby collapsed shortly after LL doing the blood gas
Ah, right, I see.

I think she said in interview that it would be pretty hard to do that? Can anyone confirm that? Or not, obviously.

Following the case with an open mind but a bit perturbed about the following.

I completely understand how a handover sheet may accidently be taken home in the pocket of a uniform. I even understand why someone may want to keep hold of it temporarily after a medical incident in case they are questioned in the following days and have to give a statement.

However the handover sheet was about Child B born in June 2015, the child had recovered and been discharged. The discovery of this handover must have been made years later as LL was not arrested until 2018 and not questioned about this handover sheet until November 2020.

Following the case with an open mind but a bit perturbed about the following.

I completely understand how a handover sheet may accidently be taken home in the pocket of a uniform. I even understand why someone may want to keep hold of it temporarily after a medical incident in case they are questioned in the following days and have to give a statement.

However the handover sheet was about Child B born in June 2015, the child had recovered and been discharged. The discovery of this handover must have been made years later as LL was not arrested until 2018 and not questioned about this handover sheet until November 2020.
I think it's perfectly reasonable that she still had it. She may not even have realised she still had it, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname